Options

The back button on here

doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
Forum Member
Anyone else have a problem with the back button on DS at the moment?

I keep clicking back but it won't go, I have to click and click and click to get it to go back and then have to go forward again because it's gone back too far, it's driving me mad.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried clicking the back button?
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I too have problems from time to time with the back button, usually on the forums pages.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be some javascript has screwed it up... Javascript and the back button don't get on... it can result in strange behaviour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmm, it only seems to be when the thread was one I found in a search, when I click back on a thread I didn't search for it's okay.

EDIT: No strike that it's doing it in all the threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuffed full of advertising for Hearst Media at random intervals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    samwalk wrote: »
    Stuffed full of advertising for Hearst Media at random intervals.

Think you might have solved the problem, I think it was adblock plus that was doing it, if I disable it then the back button works again thanks.
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find that if I have just been lurking, the back button will [eventually] take me back to the list of threads. But if I reply to any of the posts, I lose DS altogether [I forget what the page says, just now].
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Anyone else have a problem with the back button on DS at the moment?

I keep clicking back but it won't go, I have to click and click and click to get it to go back and then have to go forward again because it's gone back too far, it's driving me mad.

Click on the digital spy logo and then click on the back button. This more often than not gets rid of the problem.