The Killing III - BBC 4 Pace ***NO SPOILERS***

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Still, Mark and Eva get a place to live. Borsch gets nothing.

Shed?
  • PaulraffPaulraff Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    capekdeh wrote: »
    I don't like the ending.... :-(

I HATE the ending.

Why do we have to have something so downbeat to end the final series? I've no doubt some people will point out that corruption, cover-ups and crimes of passion are an everyday occurrence in the real world, but that's precisely why I wanted a break from reality and a happy ending where people do the right thing.

Very depressing...

Oh well, roll on Jan 5 and Borgen. Tbh I prefer that series anyway.

I feel cheated that I won't be able to watch TK3 again, knowing that I HATE the ending. Did I mention that already?

:D

Still a great series though, especially if you cut out the last five minutes.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was just... bonkers. And I hated the end, really hated it. Sarah is so frustratingly bad at making decisions of any kind, I have just found her annoying this series.

And weirdly, my Sky box cut out midway through the final episode, just as it did during the final episode of series 1, AND during the final episode of series 2! I managed to flick quickly to the BBC4 on Freeview, but it's very odd.
    Verence wrote: »
    When Borch suggested that Sarah should do a runner to Reykjavik one thing sprung to mind

"Ex-Danish police officer on the forecourt!!"

Ha! That did make me laugh though. Aww, I miss them so much!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two other things

Am I right in thinking that Swedish Sailor from last week was in fact Loke the Skurk is disguise???

Apart from from Thomas Buch from TK2 is there a single politician in Killingworld that doesn't end up as bent as a 49 Kroner note??
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paulraff wrote: »
    I HATE the ending.

Why do we have to have something so downbeat to end the final series?
    It was always going to be downbeat, how could it be anything other?
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, did Kamper turn his back on Karen and honesty and going to the police? Bah!

Did Robert chicken out on leaving Zeeland? Bah!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just really sad now. Oh, Lund! I really wonder about you sometimes (I say it with all the love in the world).

I wish Karen had gone straight to the police with that photo. The ending with Kristian makes me really sad too. Ugh, the image of Karen waiting for him :( I wanted a happy ending for those two. I've liked Kristian the whole time and now he's made me really mad.

Great show though. So sad it's over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE the ending.

Why do we have to have something so downbeat to end the final series? I've no doubt some people will point out that corruption, cover-ups and crimes of passion are an everyday occurrence in the real world, but that's precisely why I wanted a break from reality and a happy ending where people do the right thing.

Very depressing...

Oh well, roll on Jan 5 and Borgen. Tbh I prefer that series anyway.

I feel cheated that I won't be able to watch TK3 again, knowing that I HATE the ending. Did I mention that already?

Still a great series though, especially if you cut out the last five minutes.

I am actually very depressed.....and angry. I think the ending is actually worse than TK2.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    "I look forward to meeting her"

That may take years Sarah. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two other things

Am I right in thinking that Swedish Sailor from last week was in fact Loke the Skurk is disguise???
    Yes. He gained access to the internal servers at zeeland.
    Apart from from Thomas Buch from TK2 is there a single politician in Killingworld that doesn't end as bent as a 49 Kroner note??
    They are all faced with dilemmas. Not sure Buch made a principled decision.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic stuff, was the best ending, never seen it coming. Unfortunately I read somewhere that this is Lund's last The Killing, this particular one was brilliant, she heard her little grand-daughter on the phone in the background and that was it, maybe carrying out the justice that all those orphans couldn't dish out. I will be getting the 1,2 and 3.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, they'd never be able to bring Sarah to court for the same reasons that they can't prosecute senior members of the government, judiciary, and big-business. A courtroom scandal would bring the whole house of cards down. I'd say an early retirement with a modest pension and a free mirror for looking over her shoulder might be the order of the day.

One more little scene at the end and it could have been The Pelican Brief. But I suppose this is Denmark...;)

Borgen. I've seen it. It just gets better. Don't miss!
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    HATED the ending.
    Sarah Lund would never, ever kill someone in cold blood like that, no matter how much she detested him. She would have busted a gut to prove his guilt and if she couldn't, it would have eaten away at her - but this? PAH!!
    No wonder she looked gob-smacked at the end - even Sophie Grabol must have been shocked by the turn of events!

One good thing was that I had figured on it being Reinhardt from about episode 2 (though to be fair I very first thought it was Zeuthen's dad and that Reinhardt was covering up for him) but the best thing of all was that Emilie was found safe. I think I would have spat blood if that too ended in sorrow.

I feel sad that emotional investment in 3 long series has to end like this - I feel cheated.
    Never mind, Borgen next. :)
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a detective can severely restrict access to your grandchildren..............................
    Forum Member
    saralund wrote: »
    So, did Kamper turn his back on Karen and honesty and going to the police? Bah!

That bit made no sense to me. He has appeared to be driven by ethics and personal beliefs throughout. He was ready to resign as PM a few episodes ago and he walked away from the Centre Party when Rosa didn't stand by him.

Now he finds out that his Justice Minister and the Special Branch killed his son and he chooses to ignore it.

No way!

Maybe he'll have a Macbeth-style breakdown six months into his new term.

I guess it's Soren's way of telling us what he thinks of politicians.

He probably right...

:-(
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a shocking ending. I thought Zeuthen would end up killing Rheinhard.

And just when Sarah was on the cusp of patching things up with her son she's had to do a runner.

Still, there's always an outside chance of a return for Lund. Jack Bauer disappeared and came back to "24" :)
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping Sarah lives, but always expected her not to. But we shall have to see. So long as the whole finale makes sense I will be happy. Only thing that could spoil it for definite is if Em dies. I don't think I could watch it all again if she is killed. I could watch again even if Sarah is killed.

Waiting for the finale now. Everything ready. Just have to kick the cat out for 2 hours and then it's eyes down.

PS
    Evening all. Seasons Greetings. And best wishes one and all.:.):.)

PPS
    Hard to believe the very first episode aired on BBC4 on 22 Jan 2011. Almost 2 years ago!!! It's been a blast. And a lot of fun on all the various TK threads. And the other subbed threads as well.

Hear hear!!!
    Denley wrote: »
    Evening all :.)

Oh well, it's here. The very last TK night. :.(:cry: I hope it gets the send off it deserves tonight. :cool: It's been nothing short of phenomenal to watch and this thread has been enjoyable to be involved in. Tak to all you lovely folk. :.)

My thanks too, love the peeps on here :D
    Don't worry BK, they were well packed beforehand.;.)

If you're still not sure, then a couple of shots of vodka will kill any bug or virus. :.D

Some coming your way too minski. Hope you like them.:p

I recently found out that a friend who is also a TK addict, saw Sofie Grabel and Mickael Birkkjaer at Copenhagen airport last year.
    He resisted going up to them for ages, but finally did, telling them how much he loved the series. He said they were extremely friendly and were happy that TK is so popular in the UK.

I wouldn't have been able to stop myself! ;):o
    I don't normally post on this thread as i feel too inadequate. Everyone has such amazing theories! But it's the last night so thought I'd throw in my pennyworth instead of just lurking. So here's my contribution:
    I've a bag of jelly tots for when it gets too tense tonight, and a pack of tissues (just in case). Enjoy the show everyone!

Thanks for joining in :D

<swipes a jelly tot>

Denley wrote: »
    I know, this is always the frantic bit isn't it? :D:.D

I'll miss this thread too much, methinks a general Eurodrama peeps chatter thread is needed somewhere to aid the withdrawal pains.

Seconded! :D
    Two other things

Apart from from Thomas Buch from TK2 is there a single politician in Killingworld that doesn't end up as bent as a 49 Kroner note??

Yes and I don't think so
  • SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    No ! Just No !

Anyway, as soon as she takes off her jacket, anywhere in the world, her sweater will give her away.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    I thought Zeuthen would end up killing Rheinhard.

I thought Lund would end up killing Lung........think I'm glad she didn't .............though in some ways it might have been more apt................
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well from the split second she was called away for a phone call the MOMENT she was about the enter the hospital room to see the baby.... it was just dismally obvious that Nanna Sarah would not be posing for baby photos any time soon !

I was waiting for the moment she was going to be killed .... waiting on Robert to aim at the perp and brave Sarah jumps in the way getting it herself.... then was shouting at the TV when Borch left her in the car with Reinhardt..... NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I was sure he was about to do her in, in the back seat... but no.

It does leave a glimmer of hope that sometime in the future.... sometime down the road...... the return of Sarah will happen.... one day.

Other than that..... the biggest mystery to me was how did Emilie come off that ship and be plonked onto an ambulance stretcher after THAT ordeal with the shiniest head of glossy hair I have ever seen !!!! She looked like the girl off the Timotei Ad !!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that the arrival of her grandaughter and the call from Mark could be what tipped Sarah over the edge vis a vis killing Reinhardt
  • minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    That bit made no sense to me. He has appeared to be driven by ethics and personal beliefs throughout. He was ready to resign as PM a few episodes ago and he walked away from the Centre Party when Rosa didn't stand by him.

Now he finds out that his Justice Minister and the Special Branch killed his son and he chooses to ignore it.

No way!

Maybe he'll have a Macbeth-style breakdown six months into his new term.

I guess it's Soren's way of telling us what he thinks of politicians.

He probably right...

:-(

I was astonished that he'd react like that :confused: ( I don't belieeeeve it!)

Ican't remember at the moment who wanted the PET boss to be part of it- well he was! In more ways than one :eek:
    Forum Member
    fenlander wrote: »
    Borgen. I've seen it. It just gets better. Don't miss!

Now that's great news. Although I have loved all three series of The Killing there was something about Borgen that really appealed to me, and I enjoyed it more.

And if Birgitte Nyborg lets the Special Branch get away with killing her son then I'll eat my hat.

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it is all about the greater good. The country need zeeland and he risks driving them out or down. He seemed to realise that with no proof, there was nothing he could do, but as PM he can do a lot more other things to improve the country.
  • StaxVoltStaxVolt Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    With the knowledge that this was to be the end of SL as we knew her then I thought this was a very fitting way for her to be written out.I just didn't want to see her get killed as a result of the dark forces arraigned against her by men in smoke-filled rooms who knew best.

A thoroughly entertaining climax to the series imo,and it's been great to take part in the TK3 thread too,so thanks to all for that.:D