Daybreak - kate garraway

Comments

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appeared to have come into work wearing her pyjamas this morning.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is she wearing today?

Bring back Fiona!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »

Bring back Fiona!

Talking of Fiona she is currently taking part in ads for something called the Postcode Lottery. During the ad she says ''I'm in it''. I thought presenters were not allowed to participate in lotteries they were promoting for fairly obvious reasons ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bring back Fiona!

Are you mad?!!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bring back Fiona!

Garraway is a fairly attractive woman but she does herself no favours withe the dire clothes she wears.

However nothing would be bad enough to ask for that harridan Phillips to return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you mad?!!!!:D

I actually thought Fiona did a good job when she presented the Lorraine show a while ago!

I would prefer Helen Fospero to present Friday's Daybreak though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I actually thought Fiona did a good job when she presented the Lorraine show a while ago!

But then anyone would be better than Lorraine although cant stand that patronising ad Fiona does sponsoring a child in Africa with those dreadful computer generated drawings that the child allegedly sends her.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked kate when she had the big boobies and arse, this was until she went on strictly come dancing and went on a fitness drive. She also seems to have "dumbed down" too, loads of "wow" "ooh" "aah" "one direction,gosh!" probably too long on the sofa with kelly,phillips,holmes etc etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree about Helen. She actually turned up in the Hub on This Morning a few days ago. I'm not sure that was a good move because it always seems like a work experince role to me and there's no way we're going to see the back of Pip and Holly any time soon.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked kate when she had the big boobies and arse, this was until she went on strictly come dancing and went on a fitness drive. She also seems to have "dumbed down" too, loads of "wow" "ooh" "aah" "one direction,gosh!" probably too long on the sofa with kelly,phillips,holmes etc etc etc

It just gets on your nerves doesn't it?. That and Kelly constantly repeating the same words over and over and actually saying nothing at all. As for the leering over young boy bands and the like, both Kelly and Kate just come over as creepy old women.:eek:
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just gets on your nerves doesn't it?. That and Kelly constantly repeating the same words over and over and actually saying nothing at all. As for the leering over young boy bands and the like, both Kelly and Kate just come over as creepy old women.:eek:

I stick to bbc, flip over during a boring segment to simply mock Daybreak at will :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stick to bbc, flip over during a boring segment to simply mock Daybreak at will :D

Yes, I was just thinking this morning how good Louise Minchin is compared to anyone on GMTV/Daybreak. She can even make Charlie relax and smile!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was just thinking this morning how good Louise Minchin is compared to anyone on GMTV/Daybreak. She can even make Charlie relax and smile!

Louise is very good I agree, but I still think Helen would be good competition on Daybreak.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed that the hairstyle was merely to cover up the evidence of Botox.
  • babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    The "when" bit is easy - about 1 minute after programme producers realised that TV is a visual medium where looks count for more than talent.

The "why" is because those same producers value youth and glamour. Maybe that's because the viewers and more importantly: the critics feel the same (note all the comments here and in other places - so many are commenting on her appearance). So, since the programme makers are trying to compete for eyeballs, they are giving the shallow, age-obsessed viewers what they are asking for.

Totally agree with you! I like Sue Jameson, the political correspondent, she can hold a sensible conversation but also has a sense of humour. She's not pretty enough to anchor the show though. Only inane chirpy gigglers allowed.
    Sometimes I find Kate mumbles so much I can't understand her and English IS my first language - not sure about her.

I don't like the weather girls either, they are picked for the same reason. The bloke who was on today was much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get rid of her all together! she is so annoying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    babspanky wrote: »
    Totally agree with you! I like Sue Jameson, the political correspondent, she can hold a sensible conversation but also has a sense of humour. She's not pretty enough to anchor the show though. Only inane chirpy gigglers allowed.
    Sometimes I find Kate mumbles so much I can't understand her and English IS my first language - not sure about her.

I don't like the weather girls either, they are picked for the same reason. The bloke who was on today was much better.

Just because Laura Tobin is pretty and cheerful don't assume she is an air head presenter. She graduated from university with a Physics and Meteorology degree ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Kirsty McCabe, late of Daybreak, is now doing the weather on BBC Scotland.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite liked Fiona. She put her foot in it a lot of the time but at least she had some kind of personality, and in a weird kind of way she could be endearing.

Lorraine is fine on her own show but I really can't bare her on Daybreak. Kate Garraway has long overstayed her welcome too, and her in jokes and love-in with Richard Arnold are toe curling. I remember when he first came back last year and he thanked her on air for the welcome back present in his dressing room. Noone cares.

If I do watch Daybreak between 7 and 8 I tend to watch on +1 and watch Matt & Ranvir instead. They are far superior, and I agree about Helen too although I think she should be the main presenter rather than just stand in. I do hope its on her own terms she only appears on an ad-hoc basis, it would be a great shame if she has never been offered a permanent role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I assumed that the hairstyle was merely to cover up the evidence of Botox.

I have taken to watching the main channels in HD now and it is very disturbing that you can see all the wrinkles on Helen Fosperos face in fine detail which aren't all that noticeable on normal ITV, yet Garraways face is shiny and completely wrinkle free. She's definitely had something done to it. :-O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I quite liked Fiona. She put her foot in it a lot of the time but at least she had some kind of personality, and in a weird kind of way she could be endearing.

Lorraine is fine on her own show but I really can't bare her on Daybreak. Kate Garraway has long overstayed her welcome too, and her in jokes and love-in with Richard Arnold are toe curling. I remember when he first came back last year and he thanked her on air for the welcome back present in his dressing room. Noone cares.

If I do watch Daybreak between 7 and 8 I tend to watch on +1 and watch Matt & Ranvir instead. They are far superior, and I agree about Helen too although I think she should be the main presenter rather than just stand in. I do hope its on her own terms she only appears on an ad-hoc basis, it would be a great shame if she has never been offered a permanent role.

Agree with all this. While I would love to see Fiona return I doubt she would. But yes Lorraine is fine on her own show.

I find most of Kate Garraway's performance toe curling! Helen should present the main show with Ranvir covering holidays IMO.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Leave her alone, she may have her faults but shes a survivor and tries hard, maybe a bit to hard.I agree with some of her odious traits like "guffawing" and being patronising.

Ive met her hubby Draper and hes hard work as well, surprised they are still married ( are they!!) he used to be a very sucessful lobby guy for the Labour Party and more recently a Management Consultant in PR. He tells a funny story about a Client being eaten by a lion...zzzzz.

But Kates OK working Mum and all that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Kate have some sort of Internet company that went bust owing a lot of money ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RealDonkey wrote: »
    Just because Laura Tobin is pretty and cheerful don't assume she is an air head presenter. She graduated from university with a Physics and Meteorology degree ......

I must admit she is the first weather person I've heard to use the word 'occluded front' for many years.

I like the guy this morning as well.

It's the presenters I have problems with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you believe Daybreak is getting worse? Not only Lorraine but Kate and Keith Chegwin on a Monday morning.:eek: They've just devoted 10 minutes to Kate interviewing Tamara Ecclestone. Really, does anyone care about this over-privileged nobody? Nauseating.:mad: