Options

The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    IMO the twist would have been better if it was a Doopelganger from the Petrova line.... Though, three characters...
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO the twist would have been better if it was a Doopelganger from the Petrova line.... Though, three characters...

From the sounds of it, that would have killed Nina. S2 and early S3 were very draining for her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    From the sounds of it, that would have killed Nina. S2 and early S3 were very draining for her.

I know, it just would have been better, rather than Stefan which just seems random..
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it feels random
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    at least she made a bloody choice, the triangle was boring. And yay she chose Damon.

I reckon, Catherine and Silas/Stephan hook up - as Silas isn't a vampire, Catherine gets knocked up - and as the parents are a vampire turned human and an imortal shape shifting witch- she has twins and one comes out all green and lizard like and the other comes out with spooky powers and is called the chosen one....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least she made a bloody choice, the triangle was boring. And yay she chose Damon.

I reckon, Catherine and Silas/Stephan hook up - as Silas isn't a vampire, Catherine gets knocked up - and as the parents are a vampire turned human and an imortal shape shifting witch- she has twins and one comes out all green and lizard like and the other comes out with spooky powers and is called the chosen one....

And people thought Stefan being a Doppleganger of Silas was random lol!!!

That idea sounds like awful fanfiction or a wind up tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I don't know why Palmer, but when I started writing I thought that Catherine should get knocked up by Silas, I went off tangent with a story line from V - the mini series in the 80's.

In which a human girl slept with one of the V aliens and gave birth to twins, 1 was a saviour with special powers, 1 was a dirty lizard. No idea why they came into my head.

Sorry lol. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why Palmer, but when I started writing I thought that Catherine should get knocked up by Silas, I went off tangent with a story line from V - the mini series in the 80's.

In which a human girl slept with one of the V aliens and gave birth to twins, 1 was a saviour with special powers, 1 was a dirty lizard. No idea why they came into my head.

Sorry lol. :p

That's fine, I doubt it's the worst theory to ever grace this forum (You should see one of mine mid S2 of Once Upon A Time - in hindsight its ridiculous lol)

Just nice to see it hasn't turned into a vicious attack on each other!!!
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Katherine will either leave Mystic Falls or hook up with Silas thinking he's Stefan or Silas will offer her the immortality spell with hope that they stick together.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't hate the finale but over the last few episodes I did get the feeling I was just rewatching episodes of Angel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    I didn't hate the finale but over the last few episodes I did get the feeling I was just rewatching episodes of Angel.

Eveything these days is rehash most storylines have been done before.I hope season5 is better than season4.Loved Angel but preferred Buffy. I liked Charmed I wish they would do new series with theyre offsprings having powers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    Eveything these days is rehash most storylines have been done before.I hope season5 is better than season4.Loved Angel but preferred Buffy. I liked Charmed I wish they would do new series with theyre offsprings having powers.

Getting offtopic but the only way Charmed would succeed these days would be to go darker and less sweetness and light. Saying that, though, the Secret circle bombed so I really doubt anyone would touch Charmed outside of a tester TV movie.

I understand most storylines have been done before, but the whole baby thing (Angel/Twilight) then chucking a certain someone in the deep in a box (also Angel from the same season) just stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'm still not sure I get what this whole thing with Stefan and Silas was wittering on about, but if I never hear the word 'cure' again outside of my own health it'll be too soon.

Just like I never want to hear 'heightened, doppelgänger or moonstone'.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Getting offtopic but the only way Charmed would succeed these days would be to go darker and less sweetness and light. Saying that, though, the Secret circle bombed so I really doubt anyone would touch Charmed outside of a tester TV movie.

I understand most storylines have been done before, but the whole baby thing (Angel/Twilight) then chucking a certain someone in the deep in a box (also Angel from the same season) just stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'm still not sure I get what this whole thing with Stefan and Silas was wittering on about, but if I never hear the word 'cure' again outside of my own health it'll be too soon.

Just like I never want to hear 'heightened, doppelgänger or moonstone'.:D

It obvious that this storyline is yet another segment of the love triangle.Stefan not being his self etc,etc.The cure was a crap plot.I agree about Charmed darker storylines. When I started watching tvd season3 I was intrigued ,I was taken on a rollercoaster of emotions,love, betrayal and characters evolving.Season4 was a damp squid with every episode leaving me with an anti climax. What I wish for in Season5 is to see the depths of dispair from Stefan,the steamy chemistry of the romantic interludes and a nasty doppleganga trying to out monivure the vamps with his quest!I have watched season1 and 3/4 way through season2. If season5 is diabollockable cant see it being re comissioned.
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted wrong thread
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Predictions for next season:

1) Katherine stuck human, no way way to re-vamp.

2) Katherine and Stefan. We know she loves him, and he loved the human aspect of Elena. Plus it's a sort of copout to the "Who will she choose?" storyline.

3) Katherine's blood will have some value to it. The supernatural community will be have to it, forcing her protection and Stefan to bond with her.

4) Matt will return and there'll be some secret/mystery.

5) Silas will break the veil fully before the mid-season break.

6) Jeremy will have a bond somehow to Silas (due to his powers) and may be controlled somehow by him.

Isn't there another Elena lookalike, the original her before the dopplegangers?

I so hoped they'd introduce another supernatural type when the veil broke, maybe a supernatural that had been hunted into extinction. Guess there's still time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictions for next season:
    3) Katherine's blood will have some value to it. The supernatural community will be have to it, forcing her protection and Stefan to bond with her.

Isn't there another Elena lookalike, the original her before the dopplegangers?

I so hoped they'd introduce another supernatural type when the veil broke, maybe a supernatural that had been hunted into extinction. Guess there's still time.

I was thinking the same about Katherine.

Yes, Tatia? Although I'm starting to wonder if this Qetsya (sp) might not be one as well. To be honest, the whole doppelgänger business is getting a bit silly.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great finale

loved the silas/stefan twist, was quite spooky. what was he onabout when he said he did the spell himself? why did he need bonnie then?

klaus baby and stefan bottom of river...both storylines used in angel already but still welcome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like you say the original before the dopplegangas could she be Silas true love? I cannot see Stefan falling for Katherine ,I can see Damon maybe falling for her because he did actually love her more than she loved him.Damn Tvd can be confusing.I cannot see Delena lasting......I think Stefan and Elena belong together they been through a lot.Elena in lust with Damon in love with Stefan. I believe the last scene in which Elena said she loved Damon in earshot of Stefan is something Elena wouldnt do..I think this scene maybe a clue in next season.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Like you say the original before the dopplegangas could she be Silas true love? I cannot see Stefan falling for Katherine ,I can see Damon maybe falling for her because he did actually love her more than she loved him.Damn Tvd can be confusing.I cannot see Delena lasting......I think Stefan and Elena belong together they been through a lot.Elena in lust with Damon in love with Stefan. I believe the last scene in which Elena said she loved Damon in earshot of Stefan is something Elena wouldnt do..I think this scene maybe a clue in next season.

That would mean Elena and Katherine are a part of a witch's blood line. And it's been stated that Bonnie is descendant of Qetsiyah. So I really doubt it, but perhaps the other girl that Silas was in love with was Tatia.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Bonnie's dead and Jeremy is now alive
    Gutted. I love Bonnie. Has Katrina Graham officially left the show, or is Bonnie not gone for good?

Plus you get the impression that Rebekah is back next season considering how her character was left, but she has already been confirmed for The Originals.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Has Katrina Graham officially left the show, or is Bonnie not gone for good?
    Apparently Bonnie will remain, but temporarily as a ghost. She did specifically say to Jeremy "you'll still be able to see me" - doubt she's going anywhere for long.
    Plus you get the impression that Rebekah is back next season considering how her character was left, but she has already been confirmed for The Originals.
    I didn't get that either. Rebekah & Matt pretty much decided to take off, yet Rebekah is off to New Orleans, and Matt will remain here.

What's with that? :confused:
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could probably do duty on both shows couldn't they? Especially if her appearances on one or the other are restricted to random appearances every 2nd or 3rd episode. It's managable for a while until we get to the business end and she has to stay on one of them for a few epsiodes which could be explained as exactly that "Hey Matt I'm gonna head to NO to see Klaus and ELijah for a bit. See you soon"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, thought it was a fantastic finale.

I've always rooted for Delena so that was great and also for Klaus and Caroline so I loved that they left that as a probability for the future.

Alaric is brilliant and I think the show has missed him. The dynamic between him and Damon is touching.

Stefan in the lake was a bit ripped off from Angel but I didn't see the twist coming so that's fine. Katherine taking the cure opens up a whole other dimension really so I'm looking forward to that.

The only loose end imo was where was Jenna? (or even Elena's real dad and mother). They all died supernatural deaths so they should have at least got a mention/explanation.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    It's managable for a while until we get to the business end and she has to stay on one of them for a few epsiodes which could be explained as exactly that "Hey Matt I'm gonna head to NO to see Klaus and ELijah for a bit. See you soon"
    I suppose that would work.
    The only loose end imo was where was Jenna? (or even Elena's real dad and mother). They all died supernatural deaths so they should have at least got a mention/explanation.
    I thought it was only Supernatural creatures that could return? Last I checked, John wasn't 'Supernatural'. Don't know about Isobel. Jenna (or rather, Sara Canning) I believe left on bad terms or something?
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I thought it was only Supernatural creatures that could return? Last I checked, John wasn't 'Supernatural'. Don't know about Isobel. Jenna (or rather, Sara Canning) I believe left on bad terms or something?
    Yeah, the "Other Side" is where all the Supernatural critters hang out, so only Supernatural beings would be able to return. Not regular people killed by the supernatural (that's just the ring).

Also they mentioned about only a few having a reason to return to Mystic Falls. I'm not sure if they meant return from the Other Side at all or whether they did come back, they just went somewhere else for the day...like Vegas.

Anyway, I wonder if they will get a replacement witch? A lot of the plots have involved magic in the past so it's going to really restrict the writers if there isn't one about. :D