Comments

• performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have been a good choice!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heriots! **** him, should have gone to Watson's.

(Rival public schools in Edinburgh.)
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this another one of those extraordinarily misleading thread titles?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emun Elliott cast as 12th Doctor, claims Emun Elliott's agent.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire Host wrote: »
    Emun Elliott cast as 12th Doctor, claims Emun Elliott's agent.

Wouldn't his agent announcing this before the official unveiling be a bit of a stupid thing to do? Wouldn't exactly be positive for their relations with the BBC. Unless of course we're learning of 12 at midnight and Sunday's show is just to formally introduce them with some interviews etc as opposed to just having a photo to show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    Wouldn't his agent announcing this before the official unveiling be a bit of a stupid thing to do? Wouldn't exactly be positive for their relations with the BBC. Unless of course we're learning of 12 at midnight and Sunday's show is just to formally introduce them with some interviews etc as opposed to just having a photo to show.

Well, there was semi-serious talk of other agents suggesting their own actors earlier in the speculation period because it's a nice bit of free publicity.

I'm not seriously suggesting this is the case here, but when a guy with only 4 posts suggests a hitherto completely unmentioned actor, it seems a little odd.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd absolutely love it to be him, he is fantastic in Threesome and i could totally picture him in the role. Plus There still hasn't been an annoucment on whether Threesome is back for a third series or not despite finishing nearly a year ago, so maybe him auditioning could be the reason for this?
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be very happy if he was announced. He's a great actor and has a very different look from Chris, David and Matt - the idea of this more suave looking Doctor contrasts very well from the two we've recently had. I can really see him playing the sort of mad inventor style.

He's experienced but not massively well known and he'll be slightly older and yet still youthful.

Damnit! Now I'll be disappointed if it's not him :D
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would be great.
  • FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    No. It's Eddie Izzard. This is a fact as he hasn't publicly denied or confirmed it. :)
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be here for that. He was great in Threesome and Lip Service. I know he was in that bore-fest about the hotel too so he can do drama and comedy just as well without overdoing it like Tennant.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facepalmer wrote: »
    No. It's Eddie Izzard. This is a fact as he hasn't publicly denied or confirmed it. :)

Really! I love Eddie but would much prefer Emun Elliot.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's him - great!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emun Elliott is the 12th Doctor Who
    The program is called 'Doctor Who'. There is nobody on that program called 'Doctor Who'.

The character's name is 'The Doctor'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I went to the same school as Emun, he was a very talented man I remember, nice guy too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mebbe he's the 13th doctor..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I dont believe this at all. In my opinion.. and it is only my opinion.. I think Peter Capaldi would be great as the 12th Doctor.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, you know it will be a woman this time:D
  • Wiwik_AnggrainiWiwik_Anggraini Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I don't think Matt is leaving at all...