Options

LOVE Katie Hopkins

Comments

• Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is exactly the sort of person I absolutely loathe and I would hate to ever have to interact with her because I'm pretty sure she would be an absolute cow. That said, I agree she is quite entertaining and, yes, I do find I agree with her about a lot of things.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give her one lol
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that i absolutely love Katie Hopkins

I know a lot of people hate her but she is tv gold.

I love how she has the Mum Army up in arms every single time. She is of course completely right about a lot of things.

Harsh truth is something the mum army cannot take.

of course thins character he has created is OTT and exaggerated but she has good point on an awful lot of subjects and the majority of her haters are angry because they can't stand having a mirror held up to themselves.

She doesn't sugar coat it

She's right

I think she's a breath of fresh air in this kid gloves society.

And before you start with 'Katie is that you?' blah blah blah

Its just an avid fan who loves the chaos she creates

She doesn't hold a mirror up to me, I am not a sociopath and I have empathy for other people. I don't love money, I have never slept with someone else's husband and I am not a bigot.
    She isn't saying anything original or even important, except that people admire her, which is scary.
    Is she right about ginger-babies being harder to love?
    Is she right to not employ fat people?
    Is she right to not allow her children to play with someone whose name she doesn't like?
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    I'd give her one lol

So would I, but I'd probably be charged with GBH.:p
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    She doesn't hold a mirror up to me, I am not a sociopath and I have empathy for other people. I don't love money, I have never slept with someone else's husband and I am not a bigot.
    She isn't saying anything original or even important, except that people admire her, which is scary.
    Is she right to not allow her children to play with someone whose name she doesn't like
    ?

So very well said. I applaud you MJ.:)
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Just to say that I disagree with every single point the OP makes about Troll Hopkins.

She doesn't hold the slightest shred of entertainment for me, not in a million years. I ignore it, whether in print, radio, TV or Twitter.

Odious, obnoxious, hideous, spiteful, ugly-inside-and-out cretin.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she right to not allow her children to play with someone whose name she doesn't like?
    Maybe, maybe not?

But when I judge that I don't need to use slogans like 'sociopath', 'bigot' and use another persons personal life to attack a person whose opinions I don't agree with. Because to do that is the antithesis of having 'empathy for other people', it's more 'If people don't see things like me I'll name call'.

And Katie does name call but she gives what she can take, and nine times out of ten gives it to those those who love to dish it out but can never take.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    oblivian wrote: »
    She has about as much charm as a mass grave.

Quote of the day for me !! :o
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    What is the "Mum Army?"

Another non-existent thing for right wing nutters to fear or hate, like the "PC Brigade" or the "Do-Gooders" or the "Bleeding Hearts" or the "Health and Safety Brigade?"
  • Options
    debdawdebdaw Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I'm really surprised people take her seriously, or allow themselves to get wound up by her. TV shows have her on purely because she stirs up controversy. Personally I find her funny, particularly when she pulls those faces.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that i absolutely love Katie Hopkins

I know a lot of people hate her but she is tv gold.

I love how she has the Mum Army up in arms every single time. She is of course completely right about a lot of things.

Harsh truth is something the mum army cannot take.

of course thins character he has created is OTT and exaggerated but she has good point on an awful lot of subjects and the majority of her haters are angry because they can't stand having a mirror held up to themselves.

She doesn't sugar coat it

She's right

I think she's a breath of fresh air in this kid gloves society.

And before you start with 'Katie is that you?' blah blah blah

Its just an avid fan who loves the chaos she creates

Help is available Tillymint82.:)
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's dog rough for an alleged 38 year old!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly think that she just says the things she does because she wants a negative reaction from people. She thrives on the negative attention she gets from a lot of people.
  • Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not?

But when I judge that I don't need to use slogans like 'sociopath', 'bigot' and use another persons personal life to attack a person whose opinions I don't agree with. Because to do that is the antithesis of having 'empathy for other people', it's more 'If people don't see things like me I'll name call'.

And Katie does name call but she gives what she can take, and nine times out of ten gives it to those those who love to dish it out but can never take.

I read a full interview with Katie Hopkins with Decca Aitkenhead, she was the very definition of a sociopath. It is why she can steal other peoples husbands and be oblivious to the pain she causes. It is why she can't understand why women feel so much emotion when they give birth and can't leave their children as easily as her. She has no concept of other peoples feelings. Including her children.
    She said she has never cried, has no understanding of pain. She says she has epilepsy so severe that she dislocates her shoulders, yet she mocks the disabled and those that speak out such as Dame Tanni Grey Thompson. When she was pregnant she ran the New York Marathon to see if the child was " meant to be.." And she mocks famous women who don't loose their baby fat quickly.
    She is a bigot because she is immensely prejudiced, she has said she doesn't like short people, fat people, will not employ anyone with a tattoo or the wrong name. She does not welcome discussion. Her method of debating is to use personal insults, speak over people and have a face like a bull about to charge. She welcomes people that might call her names on Twitter because she doesn't feel anything but not anyone that gives her an argument.
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Katie Hopkins is brilliant and certainly held her own when she was being verbally attacked by a group of Muslims on the Big Immigration debate :)
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I hate her but on the other hand, if I was getting paid handsomely for doing very little work and getting to appear on TV and newspaper articles, I might be doing the same thing.

People REALLY REALLY need to actually pay attention to her for a second when they see her and not get caught up in some furious rage. Actually pay attention to the rubbish she is saying, the words. It makes NO SENSE. And she KNOWS HERSELF it makes no sense. She is practically laughing at her own words because she is aying to herself "These idiots on this morning have paid me like £5000 to come on here and say rubbish to get them ratings".
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know who she was until a few weeks ago. Since then I've seen her on the prog about immigration and I thought she spoke a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I think Katie Hopkins is brilliant and certainly held her own when she was being verbally attacked by a group of Muslims on the Big Immigration debate :)

One set of inane opinions shouting down another set.

No one wins.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I actually feel sorry for people who say they like her or agree with her views.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like most people, I based my opinion on watching her on TV ..... I think I saw her on breakfast telly once and also the other night on the benefits prog. She says what she thinks and made a lot of sense. She was also not afraid to stand up against a lot of people who,didn't share her views.

I realise that's not a lot to go on but, as I said, I hadn't heard of her until recently.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately there will be some people out there that will agree with what the wind up Hopkins says. She most likely doesn't even actually believe half the stuff she says, but just says it to try and get the craved for negative attention from the crowd. I just absolutely cannot be bothered with her. I think she just likes to show off half the time.
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I'm a big Hopkins fan too! She's just fantastically good TV. She's just a giant troll and it's funny how people are taken in by her. Interestingly, there is a bit of truth on what she says usually too. I'm not saying I fully agree with her... but I'm sure she does hit a nerve with the majority of people.
    In looks and personality ...vile woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like katie hopkins, don't see why people get so worked up over her, sure she's a bitch but she's pretty funny :p
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    In looks and personality ...vile woman.

but your reaction right now is EXACTLY what she's looking for! Besides that, she's a Godess!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    but your reaction right now is EXACTLY what she's looking for! Besides that, she's a Godess!

Blimey, you aim low! :p:D