Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    Never head of him but some BBC chap apparently. Looks credible at a glance.

I read his tweet as saying that 9 they've found are lost ones, but it's not explicit enough to get too excited. Still, the most interesting thing on this for ages.

He's now said he was joking.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    shortcrust wrote: »
    Never head of him but some BBC chap apparently. Looks credible at a glance.

I read his tweet as saying that 9 they've found are lost ones, but it's not explicit enough to get too excited. Still, the most interesting thing on this for ages.

He is just having a laugh at fans expense. He works with Vanezis on Stargazing live.

Really people, the RT, your emperors have no clothes.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having read the tweets it was just an accident that was only supposed to stay between Paul and a mate. From the responses I can't help but feel fans have totally overreacted over a joke which was only supposed to stay privately with friends.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    Having read the tweets it was just an accident that was only supposed to stay between Paul and a mate. From the responses I can't help but feel fans have totally overreacted over a joke which was only supposed to stay privately with friends.

There doesn't seem to be a "rolleyes" smiley anymore, so please feel free to imagine one here :

(Not rolling eyes re your post, Grazey, just at the "nine episodes" tweet brouhaha)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy wouldn't even know whether any have been found already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    If it ess a private tweet between friends, why did he put it on Twitter
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1milescarf wrote: »
    If it ess a private tweet between friends, why did he put it on Twitter

Where else would he put a tweet?
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    M@nterik wrote: »
    He is just having a laugh at fans expense. He works with Vanezis on Stargazing live.

Really people, the RT, your emperors have no clothes.

It's blatant Twitter trolling, although not as subtle as Vanezis's attempts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    If he wanted it to be private, then maybe Twitter wasn't such a great idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1milescarf wrote: »
    If he wanted it to be private, then maybe Twitter wasn't such a great idea.

He didn't think fans would notice it and thought that it would be just kept to him Paul and his mate.
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    He didn't think fans would notice it and thought that it would be just kept to him Paul and his mate.

He used a hashtag. He used a #drwho hashtag. Strikes me as a very odd way of flying under the radar :D

I agree with M@nterik on this. I don't agree or condone the treatment the RT and other professional fans (i.e. people who do work in Doctor Who fandom) have received on forums or twitter but sometimes they seem to actively court it. You treat fans as the enemy, they become the enemy (and vice versa).
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kudos to everyone here for not posting April Fools jokes.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    Kudos to everyone here for not posting April Fools jokes.

Man, that would have been too cruel. I agree with you, Kudos.

I thought about going to work and changing all of the cokes in the coke machine with Ginger Ale so that when somebody pushed Coke, Mountain Dew, Doctor Pepper or whatever, a Ginger Ale would have been spat out. However, I didn't know if I could find four hundred cans of Ginger Ale, so I shelved the idea. :):):)
  • RooksRooks Posts: 9,097
    Forum Member
    For those following Twitter, I'm not sure Phil is going to agree to Ian's request for a Frost/Nixon style debate on missing episodes. Would be a fascinating debate though.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    Man, that would have been too cruel. I agree with you, Kudos.

I thought about going to work and changing all of the cokes in the coke machine with Ginger Ale so that when somebody pushed Coke, Mountain Dew, Doctor Pepper or whatever, a Ginger Ale would have been spat out. However, I didn't know if I could find four hundred cans of Ginger Ale, so I shelved the idea. :):):)

Apart from DWO, who posted that the BBC had quickly taken down a Marco Polo DVD page from their BBC shop, and they had a "screengrab" including the cover to prove it.

Not on :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with this sami carter idiot making rubbish up,
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is probably doing it for attention ignore him plus he has nothing to do with missing episodes so I have no idea why you want to talk about him on this thread. And given he has learning difficulties I would say using words such as idiot is not appropriate.
  • Demolished ManDemolished Man Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    For those following Twitter, I'm not sure Phil is going to agree to Ian's request for a Frost/Nixon style debate on missing episodes. Would be a fascinating debate though.

Sigh - Ian seems to have conveniently 'forgotten' that he himself 'held on to' The Abominable Snowmen episode two for years before returning it, not to mention hanging on to the 'The Time Meddler' episode three for so long (over a decade!) that it was returned from an alternative source in the mean time, as well as keeping the soundtracks of 'The Crusade' and 'Galaxy 4' to himself until the Graham Strong recordings turned up...

I don't mean this as an attack on Ian, but really - what does he possibly hope to achieve?
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooo, is this Easter announcement rumor actually going to be on Easter day or around it?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo, is this Easter announcement rumor actually going to be on Easter day or around it?

I think Puqui is the only internet rumour guy who still believes in Easter; Scot Ferre has said sometime in spring, though that takes us up till June. The Easter rumours appear to have been torpedoed by Levine's loud insistence nothing else is returned & TIEA are sitting on the episodes much like Smaug the dragon (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense). JR Southhall, who interviewed Phil Morris for Starburst magazine, seems to think the reasons for nothing happening will make sense in the end. I'm happy to go with that.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member

It's not so much 'making it up' as 'believing everything he's told' - People feed him stuff that's clearly BS but he buys into it all. He's even impervious to learning from past experience hence he falls for it time, after time, after time.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    He is probably doing it for attention ignore him plus he has nothing to do with missing episodes so I have no idea why you want to talk about him on this thread. And given he has learning difficulties I would say using words such as idiot is not appropriate.

He may have nothing to do with missing eps but doesn't stop sammi posting fake announcements and trying to take credit for the web and enemy fnds and also claiming that without him we wouldn't have got web and enemy. His arrogance in a recent video saying the find was 60 percent down to him is just pure ego.
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He may have nothing to do with missing eps but doesn't stop sammi posting fake announcements and trying to take credit for the web and enemy fnds and also claiming that without him we wouldn't have got web and enemy. His arrogance in a recent video saying the find was 60 percent down to him is just pure ego.
    Stop talking about him on this forum. It is getting very boring. He is probably saying all this to get attention and if that is the case you are doing exactly what he wants you to do.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

I think he's just trolling now.

ignoring him is the best option there.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone has put 10p in Sami's metre. Stop it!