Leicester city

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do one :D

Justtthink of the joy when you can bump this post next year!
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    You may well do but its tough and very different to the Championship

I think the lesson is not to follow Cardiff and Fulham manager formula and aim for 17th. Anything below that is expected, anything above is an achievement

I wouldn't bank on it, especially as you're under foreign ownership. The last 3 clubs to win the Championship title were all foreign owned and dumped the manager who got them promoted as champions during the following season.
    Gary Linkeker will be happy he always has called Leicester City his

So will Manish Bhasin, even they will cease to be shown on his football programme!:)
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    My girlfriend (from Sheffield) has pointed out that we only got up because of a former Owl managing us! She has to make herself feel better after last night.

GOING TO GET MY FIZZ OUT THE FRIDGE! :):):):):)

Congratulations

I'm sure your girlfriend will feel better when she remembers she supports a far bigger and more historic football club than her boyfriend.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Congratulations

I'm sure your girlfriend will feel better when she remembers she supports a far bigger and more historic football club than her boyfriend.

Sheffield Wednesday have won very little in their long history.
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    Sheffield Wednesday have won very little in their long history.

:D

I'll stick to the facts, ta.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    I think Pearson will be ok as the owners wanted him to be the manager - got him back from Hull after he'd originally left due to issues with the previous directors.

Tan at Cardiff clearly didn't want Mackay.
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't bank on it, especially as you're under foreign ownership. The last 3 clubs to win the Championship title were all foreign owned and dumped the manager who got them promoted as champions during the following season.

So will Manish Bhasin, even they will cease to be shown on his football programme!:)

I'm not so sure, they had ample chances to sack Pearson this time last year when we collected six points from 11 games and fell from 2nd to 8th. They either didn't have the money to sack and replace him or believed in him, he'll be given a chance and I hope he is, deserves it for the sterling work this season.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, they had ample chances to sack Pearson this time last year when we collected six points from 11 games and fell from 2nd to 8th. They either didn't have the money to sack and replace him or believed in him, he'll be given a chance and I hope he is, deserves it for the sterling work this season.

Agreed the Srivaddhanaprabha's (yes I copy and pasted that!) are as far removed from the Vincent Tan's (didn't copy and paste that!) of this world as you can get.

People see foreign owners and always look to the worst examples. They have invested massively in this club, both on the pitch and off. The training facilities we have in place are second to none. We have exceptional fitness and conditioning coaches, which is possibly why we have been so "lucky" with injuries this season.

We may have been constrained in our signings over the last few transfer windows by FFP rules but away from that it appears to have been a case of what Pearson wants, Pearson gets.

What has been achieved this season is due to the backing they have provided.
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    As a non-Leicester fan I'd like to congratulate your team on your promotion. I watch the Premier League but I do also keep an eye on the Championship and for a while it looked like the two automatic promotions would go to QPR and Burnley but the collapse of the former combined with your incredible run has led you to top of the Championship, miles ahead of everyone else and now officially promoted. I have to ask though: Where did this all come from? Apparently you collapsed at the end of last season yet this season you've been phenomenal, beating everyone left, right and centre. What changed?
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    The Turk wrote: »
    As a non-Leicester fan I'd like to congratulate your team on your promotion. I watch the Premier League but I do also keep an eye on the Championship and for a while it looked like the two automatic promotions would go to QPR and Burnley but the collapse of the former combined with your incredible run has led you to top of the Championship, miles ahead of everyone else and now officially promoted. I have to ask though: Where did this all come from? Apparently you collapsed at the end of last season yet this season you've been phenomenal, beating everyone left, right and centre. What changed?
    As if by magic, Claridge & the R Leic commentator have the answers...

10 reasons for the success

A good weekend, for some of us of an East Mids origin... :)
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    We have exceptional fitness and conditioning coaches, which is possibly why we have been so "lucky" with injuries this season..
    From that same article...
    BBC wrote:
    ...the club have just hosted a seminar on injury prevention attended by the Football Association and most Premier League clubs [which] tells its own story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Turk wrote: »

The players learned from the experience, the manager stood by the players, he added much needed experience in key areas to boost the squad and we've played entertaining football all season. We've scored 16 goals in the last 10 minutes which shows the character.

Most players have improved, the consistency has been fantastic and we've got stronger as the season has progressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Leicester, they've done really well to get over the disappointment of last season and dominate the league.
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Commiserations in advance for this time next season

People said the same thing about Hull and Crystal Palace last season.

In recent years, promoted teams have a good record of staying up a few years.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have went up a few seasons ago given the investment they have had.
    Forum Member
    I think it's well established that throwing money at it rarely works on its own. Many clubs have shown that to be the case over the years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have went up a few seasons ago given the investment they have had.

There is no doubt we badly underachieved given the amounts spent, we learnt that just throwing money around didn't work, now we have a transfer policy, proper research and have reduced the wage bill significantly.

It's a much healthier club that has been promoted.
    Forum Member
    Tsssk. That's not in the script, 0-2 at HT to Brighton.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad result against Brighton. Does not bode well for next season :o
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,293
    Forum Member
    I think that is what they call after the lords mayor show!
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to remain unbeaten but.It had to end sometime. This has probably gave the players a kick up the backside and will refocus their minds on the next five games that are remaining. Leicester went on the unbeaten run when they lost to surprise surprise brighton back on december 7th. As for it not looking good for the premier league. That chapter has yet to written and it would be foolish that one result has decided that leicester will struggle. They may well surprise. I am keeping the faith. LCFCTID
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect they'd been on the piss since Saturday evening, hence last night's result.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    congrats and i hope you get the worst ever pts tally next season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It obviously benefits Leicester that they have a quality international goalkeeper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Bad result against Brighton. Does not bode well for next season :o

Wasn't our full strength team and they probably weren't at peak fitness after the celebrations. Will have no bearing on next season, squad changes will be made and our first 11 should be playing against Reading on Monday
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    Wasn't our full strength team and they probably weren't at peak fitness after the celebrations. Will have no bearing on next season, squad changes will be made and our first 11 should be playing against Reading on Monday
    How people are saying that one result will have a bearing on next season is beyond me. The brighton defeat in december sparked the unbeaten run that lasted four months. The lads will have taken on board what happened last night and will put things right come monday night against Reading. WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE. SAY WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE. LCFCTID
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    How people are saying that one result will have a bearing on next season is beyond me. The brighton defeat in december sparked the unbeaten run that lasted four months. The lads will have taken on board what happened last night and will put things right come monday night against Reading. WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE. SAY WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE. LCFCTID
    Nah. I think this bloke was closer.
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I suspect they'd been on the piss since Saturday evening, hence last night's result.
    They're in a foot off the gas situation and will have to be careful not to let Burnley catch them for the title, so next week's result v Reading is the key - win it and it's 4 more wins to wrap up the season & the title, or lose and settle for being second, just above the sheep.