So Go on... Bring Me Up to Speed...

RobRob Posts: 4,171
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm an avid corrie watcher - always have been, always will be. I haven't watched Eastenders properly in years, but you know what? This whole Lucy thing looks amazing and I'm going to start watching.
So what do I need to know? Is there any plots or anything I should be aware of before everything kicks off tomorrow? :) Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm where to start - do you know/have you heard anything that we could start off telling you? Like have you heard any little bits of storylines?

How many years has it been since you last watched? Just wondering who you would know....

:)
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last episode I watched was the Christmas Day episode.
    I'm sort of aware of a few bits and pieces, I know most of the characters, Don't know a massive amount about the Carters but they do look like they've been a big part of making Eastenders good again.
    What's been happening with the Beales leading up to this? What's Lucy been doing to get to this point? Also who is Cindy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apart from the Lucy storyline, this year it's about the Carters. Mick (Danny Dyer) is a revelation as a character - tough yet sensitive and loves his kids. That's been shown on many occasions. His wife is Linda and she has a tough time accepting youngest son Johnny is gay. He's very sweet and is at uni studying law. Nancy is the the middle child and is a tomboy and also has epilepsy. We also saw her almost get married before Mick and Linda dragged her out of the ceremony. Eldest son Lee is in the army and has been back on leave for a couple of weeks. We learnt that he saw a friend blown up and he doesn't want to go back but Mick has persuaded him that he can't go AWOL. Stan is Mick's dad and helped Lee to hide for a bit when he returned as he didn't want to see his family straight away. Stan is an amazing character - you want to dislike him but Timothy West plays him so well that you end up loving him anyway. He's been shown to have been a bad father - Mick is Shirley's brother (you may know her from earlier years) and also Tina's. Mick is the youngest and we recently learnt that he and Tina were in care. Mick had this big monologue about Stan neglecting him and him being hungry and left out of the step once (I'm not doing the scene justice by just one sentence but it's an incredible scene and Danny Dyer is very good at crying scenes!) and we also learnt in the same episode that Mick was almost drowned as a child. Stan asked whether he liked water and Mick shrugged it off and said of course he did. Stan then said that he was held under bath water. Shirley didn't want him to tell the story and after a long pause, when asked by Mick who did it, Stan said it was Mick's mother, Sylvie. There's speculation on DS that is was actually Shirley but I guess we'll find out in the future. Oh yes, Sylvie - it's been said that she's dead but Aunt Babe (who turns up every now and again and is Sylvie's sister) was shown to be phoning someone and said that she'd be home soon. Speculation is that Sylvie is not dead.
    And finally Dean. Formally known has Deano. He came back this week - Stan has helped him in the past (we've been told) and he was finally seen at first watching Shirley and Mick talking outside the Vic and he was stood in the middle of the Square. Then he turned up at Stan's wanting to be hidden, and then we saw him having stolen mobile phones. Stan got arrested and covered for him and he was last seen hiding in the alley way by the Vic when Shirley talked to Stan, and then Stan telling him that he'd be calling in the favour (for him taking the rap) very soon - which is implied to be Dean talking to Shirley.

Wow, that's one family. Any questions? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »
    The last episode I watched was the Christmas Day episode.
    I'm sort of aware of a few bits and pieces, I know most of the characters, Don't know a massive amount about the Carters but they do look like they've been a big part of making Eastenders good again.
    What's been happening with the Beales leading up to this? What's Lucy been doing to get to this point? Also who is Cindy?

OK...easy one first - Cindy Jr. is Cindy's daughter - the daughter she had when she died in childbirth. Both Peter and Lucy lived in Devon for a bit and Cindy arrived last year. Ian's reluctantly let her stay as she's Lucy and Peter's sister.

Lucy and Lauren have recently gone into business together, well, Lauren working for Lucy. They run a letting agency and have been letting flats. Lucy has very recently also been sleeping with Max. She also slept with Lee and they've been quite close, well in tonight's episode anyway! A lot of stuff, I think anyway, we haven't seen which I suppose makes sense as we're supposed to find out loads of stuff once she's died.
    Ian's been obsessed with getting his business with Jane back up and running and so he and Lucy have had some arguments - Lucy stole his credit card to buy alcohol for the opening of her business, for example.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Ian's in a love square with Denise (his fiance), Jane and Masood.
    Peter's in a miscommunication relationship with Lola which is looking to fail soon..
    Cindy is Lucy and Peter's half sister on their mothers side
    Cindy is also pregnant with Bianca's fella's son (TJ)
    Lauren and Lucy have started their own letting agency together
    Lucy's having a secret fling with Max because apparently she's jealous of Max being a more supportive father than Ian is and she seeks security and being made to feel special.
    Lucy has also been sleeping with Lee Carter (who's been with Whitney too)
    Someone took a picture of Max and Lucy together and emailed it to Max as a threat to reveal them.
    Cindy made Ian search Lucy's jewellery box after she acted defensive about it and he found drugs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that :)
    Maybe I should watch tonight's episode on Iplayer :D
    I think you've covered what I need to know but I'll be back if I have questions : D
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey's back and is currently in prison after confessing to killing Archie.
    Janine got off the hook for killing Michael.
    Ronnie killed Carl.
    Forum Member
    Oh.. and Lucy also has a criminal record from shop lifting in Devon according to Cindy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that :)
    Maybe I should watch tonight's episode on Iplayer :D
    I think you've covered what I need to know but I'll be back if I have questions : D

No worries, anytime. Ask as many questions as you like :)

I'd recommend watching tonight's episode to know more about the Lucy storyline, but maybe watch Tuesday's to learn more about the Carters :)
    Forum Member
    Happy reading for all this information, OP :D

And yeah, you're probably best watching this week's episodes on iPlayer too. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, Kat lied about Alice killing Michael to get Janine to tell the police that Stacey didn't stab her (the reason she left in 2010) and then Janine and Alice were both found not guilty after Janine confessed that it was self-defence. Alfie didn't like her doing this. Stacey then confessed to killing Archie because she wanted to have a clear conscience. This is so Lacey can film 'Our Girl' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Tuesdays - who's the woman in the wheelchair? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching Tuesdays - who's the woman in the wheelchair? :)

She's a brand new character....I can't remember her name :o She had one seen on Monday telling Kat and Bianca that she wouldn't wear their 'tat' :D Spring Lane is merging with Bridge Street market and she's from the women's wear stall on Spring Lane. That's all we know.

Let us know what you think of the Carters :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do already like Stan - old dog. Just watched Him giving Deano a load of man advice about two timing . :D so refreshing to see him smoking! I know Dot is like the Bet Lynch of the square when it comes to smoking, but to see a new character do it is great to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do already like Stan - old dog. Just watched Him giving Deano a load of man advice about two timing . :D so refreshing to see him smoking! I know Dot is like the Bet Lynch of the square when it comes to smoking, but to see a new character do it is great to see.

Oooh talking of smoking....Dean may smoke now too. We saw a hoodied guy watch Shirley from afar a few months back and it may have been Dean. The hoodied figure smoked.....That would tie in with him just watching Shirley and Mick from afar last week. Do you remember Dean from his first stint? What do you think of the change in him?

I agree, I loved that bit with Stan too. Not that I agree with advice on cheating(!) but it was nice to see the relaxed relationship they have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember a lot of it. Was his last visit when Shirley was going completely off the rails? (I seem to remember her lying drunk in an alleyway or something? )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember a lot of it. Was his last visit when Shirley was going completely off the rails? (I seem to remember her lying drunk in an alleyway or something? )

Haha kind of. Here are some clips from his last episode in 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gZeRBvDF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9xtf1XuvZI

This scene is the one you remember (I think): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maqgL3x3Ocg

Bit different from this, eh?!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2yUUiooZw

Shirley trying to see Dean earlier in the year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Fz1ZET37s

Dean's first scene this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9aPXrx7M0
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I would stick to Corrie and watch the awesome Liz

Nah, Easties! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Haha kind of. Here are some clips from his last episode in 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0gZeRBvDF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9xtf1XuvZI

This scene is the one you remember (I think): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maqgL3x3Ocg

Bit different from this, eh?!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2yUUiooZw

Shirley trying to see Dean earlier in the year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Fz1ZET37s

Dean's first scene this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9aPXrx7M0

Ah thanks. I'll give those a watch in a bit. :)
    Who's Roxy's new fella? Seems like a bit of a slime ball :D
    Also can I just say Shirley is perfect behind the bar at the Vic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    I would stick to Corrie and watch the awesome Liz

Haha don't worry I haven't deserted the cobbles :D
    Forum Member
    Roxy's new fella is Aleks the Market Inspector. He's a bit of a dodgy one so far.
    He pocketed Bianca and Kat's market rent money, Ronnie paid him to beat up the brother of the man she ended up killing (in self defense before anyone tells you otherwise!)
    Ronnie also paid him to go on a date with Roxy (she still doesn't know) but when Roxy started to get too fast with him, Ronnie tried to warn him off but he hasn't listened.
    Forum Member
    Oh and wait until you see the Carter's doggy, Lady Di :D She's amazing!
    She's about to have pups with the Branning's dog Tramp. (Lady and the Tramp!! :D)
    She growled at Sharon too when she was having a go at Shirley! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Roxy's new fella is Aleks the Market Inspector. He's a bit of a dodgy one so far.
    He pocketed Bianca and Kat's market rent money, Ronnie paid him to beat up the brother of the man she ended up killing (in self defense before anyone tells you otherwise!)
    Ronnie also paid him to go on a date with Roxy (she still doesn't know) but when Roxy started to get too fast with him, Ronnie tried to warn him off but he hasn't listened.

Ooh. So is he genuinely interested in Roxy or are we to believe he has other motives?

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)
    Forum Member
    Ooh. So is he genuinely interested in Roxy or are we to believe he has other motives?

Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

I think he likes her but he also likes the idea of winding Ronnie up. I think he knows that Ronnie has pushed the boundaries as a person so he likes the challenge of squaring up against her, if that makes sense? ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I think he likes her but he also likes the idea of winding Ronnie up. I think he knows that Ronnie has pushed the boundaries as a person so he likes the challenge of squaring up against her, if that makes sense? ^_^

Yeah I understand :) why did she pay him to date Roxie if she clearly knows he's a wrongun?