Options

My right ear feels strange after wearing ear plugs while asleep. what is the reason?

marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, so I went for a nap earlier today and wore my ear plugs. I put them in as normal, but I think I may have pushed the right one in a bit more than the left one, though. When I woke up and took them out, my right ear felt somewhat blocked, a bit like When u have water in it. What do you think the problem is?

Comments

• Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you've pushed a bit of wax further into the ear, encroaching on your ear drum, hence the sense of fullness in the ear.
    It will probably ease off over the next couple of days but if it doesn't then - and you know what I'm going to say here - go to your doctor and let them have a look as that's the only way you'll know for sure.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    Okay, so I went for a nap earlier today and wore my ear plugs. I put them in as normal, but I think I may have pushed the right one in a bit more than the left one, though. When I woke up and took them out, my right ear felt somewhat blocked, a bit like When u have water in it. What do you think the problem is?

I would not worry about it too much it should wear off after a few hours. It could just be the ear reacting the object and becoming sore or sensitive. Even a slight swelling in the ear can feel to use like it big blockage. If it carries on for more than 12 hours you may have compacted some ear wax around the opening. It should work itself loose naturally but you can get drops over the counter and even luke warm olive oil dropped into the ear can help.

If you have any kind of discharge from the ear other than wax don't put anything into it and go see you doctors as you might have an infection.
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've probably accidentally pushed some earwax deeper into your ear which may be causing a slight blockage. Hopefully it'll move out by itself naturally within a few days but if it's still feeling blocked, try some eardrops like sodium bicarbonate or olive oil and if that still doesn't work, maybe go to the doctors as they can remove the earwax for you (I've had it done and it's not painful at all so don't worry).