Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• Options
    JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say "I told you so" but I did predict The Crimson Field wouldn't hold up when it first started. I believe I was told otherwise by others here, suggesting that it would not sink below 5.5m during its run.

Another BBC drama series to add to the list that starts well and tails off.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "@overnightstv: #AllAboutTwo, quiz marking 50th anniversary of 2nd BBC channel, drew 1.9m/8.8% to BBC2 at 9pm http://t.co/Gu75jKfL7Z"
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see it holding up at all tbh, infact I think even Law & Order UK might outrate it on the Wednesday. I think the dark mood and lighting will put people off.

I bet it will hold up, it'll start strongly tonight, then it's got the easy slot on Tuesday, and Law & Order isn't that big a hitter and could always be recorded by viewers.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sn_22 wrote: »
    The promotional bombast is because EastEnders is worth it. I don't think it's "stuck in the past" or "desperate" to simply put your full backing behind what remains the cornerstone of BBC One's schedule. The BBC tend to greet the arrival of every new Doctor Who season like the second coming - its probably about time EE got some support too.

The show tops the channel's daily ratings on literally hundreds of occasions throughout the year. It's spent nearly 30 years propping up the channel share and supporting countless of programmes around it. It's appointment-to-view TV for millions and reaches audiences the rest of the BBC's output can't scratch. They're not getting behind it because it's some malnourished entity that needs life support - they're getting behind it because in the context of their channel, it's massive. ITV will do exactly the same from time to time with Corrie and Emmerdale because the same applies to those.

You've posted everything I wanted to! thanks. The BBC rarely pay EE attention. If anything they take it for granted so its about time they gave it some much needed promotion.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 12th April - Consolidated Figures
    Britain's Got Talent - 12.40m (11.84m excl. +1)

Britain's Got Talent - Consolidated launch figures
    2007 - 5.20m
    2008 - 9.44m
    2009 - 11.21m
    2010 - 11.88m
    2011 - 10.85m / 11.42m
    2012 - 10.87m / 11.57m
    2013 - 10.74m / 12.13m
    2014 - 11.84m / 12.40m
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Not bad at all! That's added about 1.3 million in 7 days.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor ratings again for Catchphrase and Off Their Rockers both slipping week on week and providing little support for Endeavour. Shame both dramas fell again as well.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Eastenders will be the number 1 show tonight, my sources show this, mark my words!

In seriousness, people who don't even like EE will be tuning in to see what the fuss is about, and there is a fuss, they are still airing trailers in every junction this morning and so far the announcer has promoted it over the ident in front of every programme. Whether they stick around for more than one or two episodes is the question.

Why would they - part of EE's ratings issues now is it has gone of the radar with the casual audience and they're not tuning in for the big stories "to see what the fuss is about". The character they've killed off probably barely registers with the people watching, never mind the people not watching.
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »

Britain's Got Talent - Consolidated launch figures
    2007 - 5.20m
    2008 - 9.44m
    2009 - 11.21m
    2010 - 11.88m
    2011 - 10.85m / 11.42m
    2012 - 10.87m / 11.57m
    2013 - 10.74m / 12.13m
    2014 - 11.84m / 12.40m

That is fantastic, only 0.04m off its highest ever rated launch. I'm always saying this but those figures are not to be sniffed at at all.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Overnights.tv ‏@overnightstv 58m
    #TheCrimsonField won its slot at 9pm on BBC1 with 4.8m/20.2%, winning out over #Endeavour @OonaCC http://www.overnights.tv
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor ratings again for Catchphrase and Off Their Rockers both slipping week on week and providing little support for Endeavour. Shame both dramas fell again as well.

Where are the ratings for Catchphrase and Off Their Rockers?
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Endevour was very dark but brilliant last night and well deserves the high ratings,look like a new series almost guaranteed.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Eastenders will be the number 1 show tonight, my sources show this, mark my words!

In seriousness, people who don't even like EE will be tuning in to see what the fuss is about, and there is a fuss, they are still airing trailers in every junction this morning and so far the announcer has promoted it over the ident in front of every programme. Whether they stick around for more than one or two episodes is the question.
    I bet it will hold up, it'll start strongly tonight, then it's got the easy slot on Tuesday, and Law & Order isn't that big a hitter and could always be recorded by viewers.

Have you been on the Easter sherry Andy. Thats 2 posts almost pro BBC - its making me nervous. :D
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    northlad wrote: »
    Endevour was very dark but brilliant last night and well deserves the high ratings,look like a new series almost guaranteed.
    It didnt get high ratings, it fell to its lowest ever audience last night of 4.6million. Beaten head to head by The Crimson Field.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,998
    Forum Member
    BGT lost 2 million viewers? Nobody mentioned it!
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Britain's Got Talent loses 2million viewers in just one week as fans complain that the show seems 'scripted'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2609217/Britains-Got-Talent-loses-2million-viewers-just-one-week-fans-complain-scripted.html#ixzz2zVwpeYjk
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

So?..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It didnt get high ratings, it fell to its lowest ever audience last night of 4.6million. Beaten head to head by The Crimson Field.

Misread figures, apologies
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

Quite surprising to see such significant year on year falls, at least Takeaway and Splash had the excuse of increased competition from The Voice. Catchphrase and Rockers have the exact same competition as last year.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mmmm...what else fell to its lowest rated final even then the competition excuse was trotted out, that right its The Voice.

Endeavour is essentially competing for the same audience as BBC1, but Antiques Roadshow gets a lead in from 6m+ Countryfile to aid it.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    That is fantastic, only 0.04m off its highest ever rated launch. I'm always saying this but those figures are not to be sniffed at at all.

Gosh!! And because of clashes our Sky+ is series linked to the ITV2 same day repeat.

Like to see the weekend aggregate of all eight showings.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    It's a shame The Crimson Field is dropping, it really shouldn't be, it was well received and on paper it seems like it should be a hit. I guess you can never tell whether a drama will do well or not, and quality has very little to do with it.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    The Crimson Field, you mean that one that dropped:

07.83>05.40>04.80

Compared to Endeavour which has dropped:

06.48>06.19>5.11

Which is the bigger ratings drop? At least Crimson Fields is showing the BBC Loyalty there ;)

Why are you comparing overnights with officials?:confused: If you don't know the difference then there is no point posting on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Why are you comparing overnights with officials?:confused: If you don't know the difference then there is no point posting on here.

I misread the figures I posted. There's no need to be rude.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything for Fargo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Endeavour. 7.83 is the official rating, 6.1m was the overnight. So TCF dropped 1.3m and Endeavor dropped 1.37m. Now can we please stop acting like children? That goes for H and Samuel as well.

I misread the figures, post has been removed and apologies made :) I'm not acting like a child, just the figures I read had (OF) for official and (ON) for overnight next to them and I just misread the list. As I said, apologies for misreading
This discussion has been closed.