Options

BBC Radio Norfolk Audio

radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The audio is terrible this afternoon. Lots of noise from the studio in the background even when tracks are playing.
Keith Skues almost un listenable

Comments

• Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The audio is terrible this afternoon. Lots of noise from the studio in the background even when tracks are playing.
    Keith Skues almost un listenable

Sounds OK here on the iPlayer stream as of 14:50hrs
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think someone had a 2nd mike in the studio & it was that causing the noises
    Now Ok
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now Ok

I know what you mean shouldn't sound that bad:(
  • Options
    Paul_HayesPaul_Hayes Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Now Ok

Sadly there was a technical issue with the live stream for a while this afternoon (no random mics open, we're not that bad!). Apologies if it affected anybody's enjoyment - hopefully the issue didn't last too long.

Thanks to those online listeners who phoned in to alert us to it.
  • Options
    KnobTwiddlerKnobTwiddler Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh that explains all the clicks and bangs on my recording of Keith Skues programme.
    I thought it was my end so I rebooted the computer and lost the recording of Keith's programme, so hopefully I can record it off listen again.
    I did notice the quality sounded like the output was about 64kbps or less, but it sounds ok now.

I'm sure some of Keith's programme was pre-recorded because looking on the webcam there wasn't anyone in the studio, also Keith wasn't driving the desk during some of his show - but who cares, well done to everyone at Radio Norfolk for a fantastic days entertainment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did notice the quality sounded like the output was about 64kbps or less, but it sounds ok now.

While the technical issue was being resolved, as a work-around we were sending it to online via ISDN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_Hayes wrote: »
    While the technical issue was being resolved, as a work-around we were sending it to online via ISDN.

Thanks for the info Paul, I think they used to do the same when the link to Skues Towers went down - don't you just hate technology when it goes wrong. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info Paul, I think they used to do the same when the link to Skues Towers went down - don't you just hate technology when it goes wrong. :D

Well, from Skues Towers it would always be ISDN quality anyway (aside from the few records played in from Norwich), as it's an ISDN connection from his studio to Norwich.
  • Options
    Andy WalmsleyAndy Walmsley Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the day too, technical issues aside. Lovely to get a name check from Tatty Tom Edwards too.
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the pirate radio day immensely. Listened from 9am to 4pm. Shame I missed Colin Berry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to let you know, the Listen Again version of Skuesy's show affected by the streaming problems yesterday should be replaced with a "clean" copy taken direct from our ROT at some point today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amara wrote: »
    Enjoyed the pirate radio day immensely. Listened from 9am to 4pm. Shame I missed Colin Berry.
    Listen Again!
    Paul_Hayes wrote: »
    Just to let you know, the Listen Again version of Skuesy's show affected by the streaming problems yesterday should be replaced with a "clean" copy taken direct from our ROT at some point today.
    Excellent Paul - well done to you and all involved in Pirate Radio Norfolk.