Options

What will be David Moyes next job?

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norwich or Mags, id say more likely the Mags though.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    I dont give two monkeys the damage he has caused United.

Who recommended him?
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Levy looked at him before apparently.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at spuds.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who recommended him?
    Surprisingly it was Sir Alex who suggested he take over as manager :o
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly it was Sir Alex who suggested he take over as manager :o

Exactly :D
  • Options
    The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    Why are so many people thinking Alan Pardew will get sacked? Think about it, Mike Ashley didn't sack Pardew when he took Newcastle to the brink of RELEGATION last season! Why would he sack him now after taken them to mid-table. Yes, they're going through a horrific run of results at the mo but it doesn't change the fact Newcastle have had a much better season this time round than last season. The fans may want him out but does Mike Ashley want him gone? He hasn't shown the slightest indication he wants to change manager and he's shown before he's not swayed by what Newcastle fans think. He just does what he wants and isn't the slightest bit bothered by what other people think. I think he'll keep Pardew on for another season because Newcastle are mid-table and well clear of the relegation zone which I suspect is just how Mike Ashley likes it, at least for now.

So, of all the clubs being touted as Moyes' next job I think Newcastle is the least likely one right now. That could change of course if Pardew leads Newcastle to the brink of relegation again next season but in that case he'd have to wait another year or so to get that job. If he wants another job right now though, he'll be better off looking elsewhere. Most of the other clubs being mentioned on this thread do seem more likely to me. I think Paul Lambert is toast even if he keeps Villa away from relegation as Lerner is apparently going to sell and while may he get on with Lambert, the next owner would probably want their own man and that man could be Moyes. Norwich is another good possibility but if Neil Lennon gets that job instead then it might be worth considering going for Celtic if they make Moyes an offer. Might be worth taking it as one of his main weaknesses as Man Utd manager was that he hadn't won a single trophy compared to most of the players he was managing so by moving to Celtic he'll stand a somewhat improved chance of winning trophies which would make him at least a little more respected in England if and when he does go back to managing an English side. Either that or going abroad as he once said he'd consider doing. As someone already mentioned in this thread The Bundesliga is a good option if any German club are interesting in him. Perhaps he should consider leaving England for a bit, whether it be Scotland, Germany or wherever.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Villa, Celtic or Newcastle

Much as I would like to see Moyes back at Celtic, I doubt it will happen. Anything he achieved there, short of taking them to the last 8 of the CL, would be greeted with "ah yes, but it's only Celtic, they have no competition etc". Moyes needs to go somewhere to re-build his reputation and that is not Celtic.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon he should do like Steve McClaren did any like others have said look abroad. But don't speak in a fakey accent. Then come back
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Glad no one is suggesting Swansea, would not be a good fit here.
  • Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    It is a toss up between MacDonalds and Burger King.
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    On the bins?
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will start as a pundit on talksport, and then get promoted to binman.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Chelsea might be in for him after Mourinho leaves for United, the club that he has his heart set on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    I think Chelsea might be in for him after Mourinho leaves for United, the club that he has his heart set on.

No, jose wants CL football.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea were intent on appointing him previously, only for Di Matteo to win the CL and earn the chance to stay on.
  • Options
    ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,854
    Forum Member
    Has he done that Soccer Saturday lark before?

If I were him, i'd just take some time, enjoy the World Cup and not rush into anything
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    binman LOL

Called it:
    Terry N wrote: »
    On the bins?
    codeblue wrote: »
    He will start as a pundit on talksport, and then get promoted to binman.

Top bants!
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    No, jose wants CL football.

His love for United is greater than the CL.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll probably end up managing Scotland.
    He demonstrated he cant hack it at the top, and won't be getting a big opportunity anytime soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    I'd put my house on Arry getting the WHU job if Sam went

If G+S pay him what they are paying Allardyce you could be right - 'H' wouldn't even need to bother with all those 'exotic' transfer shenanigans anymore. :D
  • Options
    Britt_IshraelBritt_Ishrael Posts: 1,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    West Ham
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before he was Chosen, he said he would like to manage in Germany so he might go over there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before he was Chosen, he said he would like to manage in Germany so he might go over there.

Yes, his german must be fluent by now.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he'll go on Sky or ITV for a while before coming back to someone like Aston Villa or Hull.

He should go for the Arsenal job..that would be fun.:D
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could always be Kermits stunt double on the muppets.