The Ratings Thread (Part 59)

Comments

• lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    UK TV Ratings ‏@TVRatingsUK 5s
    '@bbceastenders last night drew its biggest audience of 2014 so far - an average of 8.39m/37.8% tuned in from 7.30pm.

THAT SHARE!!

John Plunkett ‏@johnplunkett149 2m
    Second outing for BBC1's mumbletastic Jamaica Inn, 4.5m viewers, big drop from 6.1m first episode Monday night #bbc #JamaicaInn
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    '@bbceastenders last night drew its biggest audience of 2014 so far - an average of 8.39m/37.8% tuned in from 7.30pm.

THAT SHARE!!

Highest rating since 25th November last year, highest share since 14th August 2012. :o
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Servalan wrote: »
    Shame it's not down more. The alleged 'technical issues' were very much in still in evidence in last night's episode and it's very clear it's about the actors having been given poor direction and none of the multiple executives across it spotting this.

A colossal own goal by the BBC - just hoping it gets parodied in the next series of W1A … ;-)

You must be so disappointed that you cannot blame BBC in house production for it.;-)
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great for EE!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    37%

WHAT!!!!

Now I really am speechless. Lets hope they manage to keep some of this audience boost.

All I can say is at least it was a brilliant episode.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Highest rating since 25th November last year, highest share since 14th August 2012. :o

Wowzers. Poor 'last request' will need to take to his bed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »

Has he been around since all the weekend posts? :o
  • Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Great rating again for EastEnders.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    37%

WHAT!!!!

Now I really am speechless. Lets hope they manage to keep some of this audience boost.

All I can say is at least it was a brilliant episode.

Thats the problem now isnt it? I can well believe they will keep the audience this week but next? Certainly good for the ratings thread though.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Thats the problem now isnt it? I can well believe they will keep the audience this week but next? Certainly good for the ratings thread though.

Hopefully they can sustain some of it. Obviously a drop off will have to happen but I doubt it matters too much. As long as EE can stay closer to Corrie than usual its job done. This has at least proved there is life in EE and the audience is still there for them. No one expected two 8 millions in a row. The consolidated will make these two episodes EEs highest rated of the year so far.

That's a far cry from just a few weeks ago where people in this very thread were calling EE unfixable ;)
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be down due to football according to the great and good on here? :p:D

The great and the good talk a good game but are rarely successful in guessing what's really going to happen.:D:D
  • ServalanServalan Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be so disappointed that you cannot blame BBC in house production for it.;-)

LOL!

I actually think The Crimson Field is good - so that blows a rather large hole in your theory! :p

Who do I blame? The producer, the director, Origin Pictures, the BBC executive producer(s), head of drama Ben Stephenson and BBC One controller Charlotte Moore. What were they all doing when they were watching this (and specifically Sean Harris' performance)? Having a snooze?
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THAT SHARE!!

Second outing for BBC1's mumbletastic Jamaica Inn, 4.5m viewers, big drop from 6.1m first episode Monday night #bbc #JamaicaInn

EastEnders hasn't been getting a share that high since God knows how long! 37%! :o

The audience will watch with the right story.

Expected Jamaica Inn to fall but not by that much!
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member

THAT SHARE!!

That was a bloody good result for Eastenders. I caught up with it this morning and I have to say that I was glad that I watched it on my own, I had tears in my eyes for most of it and then blubbed completely at the end.

It goes to show that when you have decent writers and a story, Eastenders can still attract the viewers. A year ago I think that it is safe to say, a lot of people thought that the show would never get back to this sort of level. The ratings will drop a little as things progress but it does bode well for the rest of the year, especially if they can keep a tight hold of the summer filler nonsense which always seems to take over.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    643k (4.6%) for the BBC Three repeat.

Emmerdale got its highest rating in a month, 6.56m/33.3% (+1: 134k), boosted by more soap viewers watching tv perhaps. When soaps are doing well they do tend to help each other out a bit.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Much nearer to 38% than 37%.

If it can sustain even mid-30s going forward then that will be an achievement,
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    "@Sam_Hodges: #EastEnders was again the highest rating show of the day, averaging 8.4m, peaking at 8.9m on #BBCOne"

Fantastic well deserved. It was a heartbreaking episode.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    EastEnders hasn't been getting a share that high since God knows how long! 37%! :o

The audience will watch with the right story.

Expected Jamaica Inn to fall but not by that much!

Ecstatic about Jamaica Grimm tanking, bodes well for another two million drop tonight.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Much nearer to 38% than 37%.

If it can sustain even mid-30s going forward then that will be an achievement,

So bombarding viewers with trailers at every programme junction from 6 am does actually work - a pointer to the future alas.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Emmerdale got its highest rating in a month, 6.56m/33.3% (+1: 134k), boosted by more soap viewers watching tv perhaps. When soaps are doing well they do tend to help each other out a bit.

That's got to be the higest BBC three repeat figure for EE for sometime. So happy for EE right now.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine EE might even get 50% share in the summer, because total television audiences might dip below 15m on some days.

Soaps ratings tend to hold up fairly well, even as the total number of viewers watching ALL TV can be quite low nowadays.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a fantastic rating for EastEnders, and it was a very raw episode last night. As much as I hate to say it, EastEnders is defiantly the best soap right now and I'm willing to bet Thursday's episode will be up again to around 8.6m. If EE rises above Corrie on Friday/Monday, it should give the ITV heads something to think about when they're looking at Corrie's quality and why its rating low.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

38% share peaking near 9m at the end of the episode while the BBC3 episode got a good rating too. I've said for months the BBC1 showing is the main one and can do well.

Today people aren't saying the BBC3 rating or timeshift brought ratings up to 8m or that viewers have gone to iPlayer. People are talking about a big BBC1 rating for EastEnders, as it should be.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    So bombarding viewers with trailers at every programme junction from 6 am does actually work - a pointer to the future alas.

Not any trailer, they have to be good ones and EastEnders trailer was.
This discussion has been closed.