Dinosaurs "indoctrinate kids into evolutionary ideas"

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,260
Forum Member
Seriously, how can anyone believe this nonsense?

http://io9.com/creationists-say-smithsonian-is-pushing-of-na-1566137794

Comments

• KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're thick as pig shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    KMKYWAP wrote: »

After it's been mixed with cement and left to set.

Terrifying that these people are given even the slightest credibility in this age.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »

Well, his name is Ham.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Seriously, how can anyone believe this nonsense?

http://io9.com/creationists-say-smithsonian-is-pushing-of-na-1566137794

"Dinosaurs are the gateway drug to science for kids." :o

Nut-job makes bat-sh*t crazy statement ... shock, horror! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I'm reminded very much of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NL48kRH3A
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure these creationists haven't evolved from the dark ages. I'm sure they're still mentally stuck there. If they lived in those times, they would be the ones at the front of the queue to burn a woman at the stake for finding out a herb can cure a stomach ache.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame the Pterodactyls myself >:(
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    Well, his name is Ham.

Haha :D
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

That was the museum director who said that.
    This T. Rex is very complete. The museum director, Kirk Johnson, believes the new dinosaur skeleton will draw many children to the National Museum of Natural History, saying, "Dinosaurs are the gateway drug to science for kids."
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact they get such an audience in the US tells you all you need to know about the country.

Imagine trying to get elected there.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what happens when you let oversized lizards run the classroom. They're so tyrannosaurical.

Ken Ham tried to raise funds for an Ark theme park but they kept getting washed away.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    That was the museum director who said that.

You're right, of course! :blush:

My excuse is that I was laughing so hard, my vision was impaired by the tears. ;-)

Having dried my eyes, I see that Ham has also criticised the film Noah because (amongst other reasons) there are too many animals on the ark!

Perhaps he's paving the way for a cut-price version of his proposed theme-park ... with two chickens and a hamster.
  • chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wonder what creationists think of the dinosaur bones and fossils. I mean what explanation do they give for them ?
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    chris1978 wrote: »
    I always wonder what creationists think of the dinosaur bones and fossils. I mean what explanation do they give for them ?

It's all a big joke played on us by God, because we all know what a merry prankster he is.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris1978 wrote: »

They've got a whole bunch of explanations, but at present I think they account for fossilisation by saying either 'time' was different during the 6 days of creation, or that the process of fossilisation (to their minds) was more rapid than evidence would suggest.
    I think arguing they were planted to test our faith has gone out of fashion, now they've got the likes of AiG churning out 'creation science' answer books.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    You're right, of course! :blush:

My excuse is that I was laughing so hard, my vision was impaired by the tears. ;-)

Having dried my eyes, I see that Ham has also criticised the film Noah because (amongst other reasons) there are too many animals on the ark!

Perhaps he's paving the way for a cut-price version of his proposed theme-park ... with two chickens and a hamster.

To be honest, I was rather disappointed myself when I read who had said it. I totally wanted it to be a bonkers remark from one of the fundies. :D
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, there are some good drugs then.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I wonder why our resident creationist hasn't turned up. He loves a thread like this. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 4 year old nephew loves dinosaurs, and as an atheist i bought him a big book on them for his birthday, because I want him to get into science.

I'm getting him one about space next.....
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. Idiots.
    I thought the Creationists had concocted some bullshit human- dinosaur coexistence idea anyway.
  • Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't take that article seriously. Some things are just too ridiculous to be given any credence to.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't wait for THE RAPTUUUUUUUUURE, so i can wave goodbye to these MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE!
  • dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What nutters
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These creationist mouth-breathers constitute around 40% of the population in America.

That worries me deeply.

I never knew the f*****g Flinstones was a documentary. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a kid I always liked the acheoptryx. Not a well known dinosaur, but cool looking one....:D