Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I hope we get more dynamic camerawork this year....I think this performance with the array of shots and atmospheric background really captured the whole essence of the wonderful production from that year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZprvpWlcE
    In fact when I think of Dussledorf, I always immediately think of this performance:)

It is known on here what my opinion of that stage is. Apart from Azerbaijan, Ireland and Germany by and large the whole thing was big and souless. There were far too many long shots or cameras angled from the peformers feet up their noses so we could look at a flat wall.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't a fan of the stage from the static shots earlier - it looks all too dated for me really.. maybe that's just because it reminds me of the Industrial Zone from the Crystal Maze -- but I guess with the history of the building that's not actually a bad thing and is very in keeping.

However, since seeing the test lighting video it does look great when it doesn't look like a massive cage, and the lights are reflecting every which way.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of the stage from the static shots earlier - it looks all too dated for me really.. maybe that's just because it reminds me of the Industrial Zone from the Crystal Maze -- but I guess with the history of the building that's not actually a bad thing and is very in keeping.

However, since seeing the test lighting video it does look great when it doesn't look like a massive cage, and the lights are reflecting every which way.

Anne will be having flashbacks. :kitty:
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

And I hope to join her on here in TV gameshow stardom...although my performance pales in comparison! No jumpsuit for a start! :D

You guys will see in September! ;-) :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »

And I hope to join her on here in TV gameshow stardom...although my performance pales in comparison! No jumpsuit for a start! :D

Yep, and I know what show that will be. :)
    But don't expect a peep from me guys, my lips are sealed.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too, I have an Audition for Perfection tomorrow after not being able to make the last one, was you who had the exact same one and you couldn't make it either?
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://youtu.be/qXaaCqwr7wA

Oh wow! Molly tonight at Madame JoJo's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Me too, I have an Audition for Perfection tomorrow after not being able to make the last one, was you who had the exact same one and you couldn't make it either?

Good luck! :)
    (and also I'm really glad your CD came today! :) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    ollie1004 wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/qXaaCqwr7wA

Oh wow! Molly tonight at Madame JoJo's.

She's STILL getting better and better, with every passing day it seems! :)
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh best of luck! Expect a beach ball and a 1 minute camera audition...oh and a Call my Bluff style of game! But shhhuuushhh, don't tell anyone! :D

P.S....thanks Amy! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikay wrote: »
    Good luck! :)
    (and also I'm really glad your CD came today! :) )

Oh best of luck! Expect a beach ball and a 1 minute camera audition...oh and a Call my Bluff style of game! But shhhuuushhh, don't tell anyone! :D

P.S....thanks Amy! ;-)

Sounds like it will be fun.

Hope you did well on your show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »

Woo I love it!

2 things:
    1: I had to keep looking twice as when she is stood in front of the plant she is the absolute double of Caroline Flack
    2: I just love Molly's dancing style.. it's semi-awkward but it works so well.. I especially love her little stamps and her arm movements (she does this more in live performances I guess)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member

Good luck! I watched that for the first time a while ago and funnily enough there was a Eurovision question on it! Something like Five were the UK's entry in 2011 - they did get that right and say false! :p

Is Molly running a hippy brothel? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Still think I'm dreaming and I will wake up on the 10th and we have Jimmy Nail instead.

Love the video
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I like the video, not sure it matches the song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great stuff. :)

In each new video I see Molly in the more enthusiastic I feel about victory.
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    Whilst I like the video, not sure it matches the song.

Must admit I kind of had the same thought, was expected a Russia 2013 type video, although it looks nice, very retro.

I think it's an arena song as opposed to a studio song though, the opposite of Norway, which is no bad thing given what the song has been written for.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOVE IT! Best MV to come out of this years comp so far!!! SLAY MOLLY SLAY!!!!
  • Options
    ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The live version tonight, oh wow! Just had my 6th viewing, it's incredible!

You know, just a thought, with Guy Freeman in charge, will he have something up his sleeve regards a "final version" that we maybe yet haven't heard? Just look at the Eurovisions he's been in charge of. Katrina in 97 and the orchestrated version of 'LSAL' is STILL my all time Eurovision musical moment. Same with Imaani the next year, albeit these two performances took place with an orchestra.

Tonight's version of 'COTU' was a proper full on live musical orchestration of the song, and it sounds truly magnificent, so much more body to it, and it sounded truly TRULY anthemic. People on here the last couple of days have made mention of the fact that the studio version falls down slightly, I've felt the same just watching the music video.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    The Timoteij trio has surfaced with an acoustic cover of Robyn's Play! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmD-IYcTUF8

A new album and a triumphant Melfest return please girls!
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks absolutely stunning in that video, she's definitely one of the hottest girls in this year's contest!
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the video although she looks stunning. I was hoping for a story in the video but I suppose they had limited time to create the video so it wasn't thought out as well as it should have.
This discussion has been closed.