The Leon Jackson Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• fiftieschildfiftieschild Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    yorkielass wrote: »
    What a load of old tosh. :yawn: I can't even be bothered to get annoyed!:(

I think a few people on DS need to go to specsavers! ;-)

On a lighter note :) I hope it won't be long until we get some new music from Leon. I really missed seeing him live last year! :(

Strange how many posters suddenly became interested in Leon, So very Sad
  • yorkielassyorkielass Posts: 2,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perseverance has paid off! :D

Disappointed we didn't get a blog this year, but as Leon has spent most of the year writing and only done a couple of gigs, I don't suppose he felt he has much to tell us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Leon is looking at studio mics....or maybe even bought one? :o

Having positive thoughts!:cool::D
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Leon is looking at studio mics....or maybe even bought one? :o

Having positive thoughts!:cool::D

It's a sign.. :p.
    Forum Member
    Idle thoughts , Leon must be a canny Scot. If he's still got money to spend
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Leon is taking some time out from songwriting this year and playing a few gigs. :)

He's playing at a festival in Galloway tonight, and has two further gigs coming up, Perth in April and London in August.

I'll deffo be going to the London one! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see Leon is taking some time out from songwriting this year and playing a few gigs. :)

He's playing at a festival in Galloway tonight, and has two further gigs coming up, Perth in April and London in August.

I'll deffo be going to the London one! :D

don't forget the camera.. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should know by now thms that I never go to see Leon without a camera :D .... and a spare SD card! haha!
    Forum Member
    well I guess I still appreciate :cool::cool::cool:
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With talk of X Factor stirring again, I wondered how Leon is doing? Has he produced any more albums and is he still gigging? Has he been able to stay in the music business? I know that he completely changed his music style from the stuff they got him to do in XF but not a lot more than that..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With talk of X Factor stirring again, I wondered how Leon is doing? Has he produced any more albums and is he still gigging? Has he been able to stay in the music business? I know that he completely changed his music style from the stuff they got him to do in XF but not a lot more than that..

Hi
    As my previous posts say, Leon is still doing the odd few gigs but is very focused on his songwriting at the moment. :)
    Forum Member
    Nice to see Leon is alive and well, posted on his Facebook page about a gig in London :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing Leon tomorrow night :D it's been too long!

Hoping to get some video footage e footage....and even some new music maybe? :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to seeing Leon tomorrow night :D it's been too long!

Hoping to get some video footage e footage....and even some new music maybe? :o:D

Hope you have a great night... Fingers crossed for some new songs... and a new look perhaps??? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLngL19CS4

Published on 7 May 2014
    JJ Gilmour and Band, at the Portpatrick Hotel 1st March 2014. With special guests, Leon Jackson and Sean C. Kennedy.

enjoy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thms wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLngL19CS4

Published on 7 May 2014
    JJ Gilmour and Band, at the Portpatrick Hotel 1st March 2014. With special guests, Leon Jackson and Sean C. Kennedy.

enjoy!
    Thanks, thms.....great find. :) A fab cover of Andrew Belle's In My Sleep. That applause at the end is sweet music to my ears! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, thms.....great find. :) A fab cover of Andrew Belle's In My Sleep. That applause at the end is sweet music to my ears! :D

the first song? it gave me goose bumps.. the sound quality was so good..

nice to see him performing again and enjoying himself
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upcoming gigs for Leon :cool::-)

Edinburgh and London here I come! :o:D

https://www.facebook.com/leonjacksonmusic?hc_location=timeline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just knew you would make it! :D I spotted an online ad for the show a couple of weeks ago. The Edinburgh Festival will be great fun. I've only ever been to the Military Tattoo. Hope you and Leon have an enjoyable time.. Will you get a backstage pass yorkielass?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try and stop me thms :D

I first found out about the London gig when Ernie announced it in March. Then shortly after he said he was doing an Edinburgh gig, but no mention of Leon at that point. Leon told me he was joining Ernie there too when saw him at one the gigs in London in May.

Really looking forward to them doing the artists in the round thing. :cool:
    Are you going try and get to the Edinburgh one thms?
    Don't need a backstage pass to see Leon. He always comes and sees everyone at the end of the show. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try and stop me thms :D

I first found out about the London gig when Ernie announced it in March. Then shortly after he said he was doing an Edinburgh gig, but no mention of Leon at that point. Leon told me he was joining Ernie there too when saw him at one the gigs in London in May.

Really looking forward to them doing the artists in the round thing. :cool:
    Are you going try and get to the Edinburgh one thms?
    Don't need a backstage pass to see Leon. He always comes and sees everyone at the end of the show. :D

As you know my home is but a short walk to Pacific Quay and the Armadillo.

But since my father passed away, I have been spending more time as the main carer for my mum. So getting out is difficult.. I could not even muster the energy to go into town to experience the Commonwealth Games.. It looked great on TV..

Have you see this video before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt3fJZM4rlo

Andrew Belle & Leon Jackson - In My Vein
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I remember you live very near the Armadillo. it must be difficult for you to get much of a social life.

Yeah, thanks I have seen it. I've got one pretty similar myself but haven't got round to editing it yet. :blush: lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon and Ernie were incredible in Edinburgh last week. So glad I finally was able to see him live.