Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, coming 2011 (Merged)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    NinaMyers wrote: »
    Agree!! That's as far as I've got on crushing!

Gave up with it when I got Infamous as a freebie after the hack.
    I'm replaying UC3 on crushing just now, reckon when I plat that I'll have to go back and complete the set
    (Already got the plat on UC2)

Justr keep going, and grab the best weapons before you drop down.

As soon as possible go left to that wall
  • Options
    NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished my crushing playthrough the week before xmas. Really enjoyed the second run through, you develop a real affection for the characters, and the final cut scenes are just great (as they were in U2.) Gameplay wise, crushing was not as hard as I expected it to be, in fact I seemed to struggle more on my first Hard playthrough.
    Am now going to sweep through on very easy to pick up a few of the remaining trophies. Nothing should cause too much trouble, but does anyone have any tips for where you can get the killing 4 guys with on explosion trophy:confused:
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    but does anyone have any tips for where you can get the killing 4 guys with on explosion trophy:confused:

I got it on Chapter 16, the part where you shoot the locks so Elena can get into the other hanger, as you do that, a truck pulls up, there's SIX guys in it, two in the front and four in the back, as soon as Elena enters the room, just run towards the truck and let a second or two pass so the guys jump out, then just toss a grenade to the back of the truck, if you're lucky, you can take out five at once, if you fail, just Restart Checkpoint and try again since Elena entering the room is a new checkpoint!

PS: I also abused this Checkpoint to get the 30 Kills for the Mag 5 and the Shotgun since I barely used them in the original playthrough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers Ash - will give that a go tonight....
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished this tonight, only Silver trophy awarded for completion on hard setting? ND are getting stingy with the gold wear. :(

Next stop, crushing - how hard is it, any points in the game that cause real problems?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished this tonight, only Silver trophy awarded for completion on hard setting? ND are getting stingy with the gold wear. :(

Next stop, crushing - how hard is it, any points in the game that cause real problems?

It's not too bad actually - easier than I was expecting for sure.

A couple of tricky points, the fight in the well, when they throw in smoke grenades etc. I kept on getting blasted by the shotguns - and the big gun fight just before you get to the end location (in the sandstorm, with a few snipers and mini guns on trucks etc.)

The part that caused me the most trouble in my hard playthrough was the fight in the final city - where you have about 6 or 7 of the flame head guys in an open room. Took a fair few goes on hard but I did it on my first attempt on crushing.

Great game
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    It's not too bad actually - easier than I was expecting for sure.

A couple of tricky points, the fight in the well, when they throw in smoke grenades etc. I kept on getting blasted by the shotguns - and the big gun fight just before you get to the end location (in the sandstorm, with a few snipers and mini guns on trucks etc.)

The part that caused me the most trouble in my hard playthrough was the fight in the final city - where you have about 6 or 7 of the flame head guys in an open room. Took a fair few goes on hard but I did it on my first attempt on crushing.

Great game

I found that part very tricky, died a good few times early on. Sully tells you to use RPG's on those trucks, I could only find 1 RPG so eventually I just spammed the second gunner with granades.

I always feel a little sad when the end credits start to roll on an Uncharted game because the adventure is over. Most games I'm glad to have reached the end, either they've become annoying or I'm just bored.

I love Uncharted, hope we see many many more adventures.

Gonna make a start on crushing at the weekend. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that part very tricky, died a good few times early on. Sully tells you to use RPG's on those trucks, I could only find 1 RPG so eventually I just spammed the second gunner with granades.

I always feel a little sad when the end credits start to roll on an Uncharted game because the adventure is over. Most games I'm glad to have reached the end, either they've become annoying or I'm just bored.

I love Uncharted, hope we see many many more adventures.

Gonna make a start on crushing at the weekend. :cool:

Yeah, me too. I think it is because the final scenes are always so well written. Definitely at the end of 3, when they are walking towards the plane chatting about parachutes etc. I was thinking, "ahh cool, where are we off to now!" then the credtis rolled.

Really looking forward to Golden Abyss now.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Uncharted 3 multiplayer will be available as a free download on the store from today. There will be a level cap but you can pay if you wish to make further progress

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/26/uncharted-3-multiplayer-goes-free-to-play-this-week/

I've redeemed the online pass but don't have the game anymore so not sure what level I was, or if I'd need to pay to go further than level 15
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Really struggling to get into Uncharted 3, I've beat Uncharted 1&2 on Crushing but I just can't get into the 3rd one!

Currently playing it on hard and I just can't be bothered :p Upto chapter 15 at the min, The guns are rubbish!

Maybe I'm just burnt out having played them back-to-back..
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not as good as the 2nd. Not so many comedy moments in it I felt. Has some good grand scale moments though, where you sort of waaaal at it.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just burnt out having played them back-to-back..

That's certainly a possibility especially as you will have played UC1&2 twice if you finished them on Crushing but UC3 is the weakest of the series.

All of the set piece moments just feel like the developer was try too hard to create a spectacular moment and none of them feel quite a natural as in the previous two games (If that makes sense).

Its still a great game though and has some really cool moments.

The co-op stuff is well worth a look if you have a friend or two with the game.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    That's certainly a possibility especially as you will have played UC1&2 twice if you finished them on Crushing but UC3 is the weakest of the series.

All of the set piece moments just feel like the developer was try too hard to create a spectacular moment and none of them feel quite a natural as in the previous two games (If that makes sense).

Its still a great game though and has some really cool moments.

The co-op stuff is well worth a look if you have a friend or two with the game.

Yeah I kind of feel that way too, although perhaps not as strongly. I would still put 3 above 1 overall, it had more highs and lows than other entries. The part that stands out to me as the developer trying too hard is the whole cruise liner section, especially when it comes to nothing in the end. Even though it had it's cool moments (hanging on the chandelier) I felt a bit deflated afterwards because that whole section could have been taken out and the story wouldn't have changed.

It really picked up again at the aiport for me, that plane crash was amazing and the long desert scene was a great change of pace. Then it mis-stepped with the caravan chase because it felt the same as the chase in Uncharted 2 except this time it had horses. Then it was great again in the end, I thought the lost city was stunning to look at and run around and had some great story moments.

The only bit that really annoyed me in the whole game was
    Nate and Elena's relationship, they apparently got married after 2 and then when we found out they were seperated again I wasn't too happy. I really hope they don't do it again so they get back together after every game that would just be annoying.

It made sense in the overall plot that he just couldn't let go of this obsession with Drake, I assume from the ending and the fact he let the ring go he will move on and be a decent husband. So I let ND off this time but if they do it again i'm out.

I kind of hope they take a break before the 4th, they have the last of us out this year so the most we will get is an announcement and release next year on PS4, that will already be a year longer than normal.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Replayed this again recently I actually loved it more second time around I put this ahead of the 2nd game now

it had the perfect mix of puzzles aswell which actually made you think if you dont use the hints LOL

I played in 3D aswell the boat section where drake hanging from the big light is amazing you really feel the depth in that section of the game some of the best 3D iv ever seen

the gunfights are brutal though you just dont get a chance sometimes LOL I died countless times during the desert bit where you cant see anything.

I felt tomb raider handled the gunfights in a much much better way

Really cannot wait to see how this franchise will evolve on the PS4
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Replayed this again recently I actually loved it more second time around I put this ahead of the 2nd game now

it had the perfect mix of puzzles aswell which actually made you think if you dont use the hints LOL

I played in 3D aswell the boat section where drake hanging from the big light is amazing you really feel the depth in that section of the game some of the best 3D iv ever seen

the gunfights are brutal though you just dont get a chance sometimes LOL I died countless times during the desert bit where you cant see anything.

I felt tomb raider handled the gunfights in a much much better way

Really cannot wait to see how this franchise will evolve on the PS4

I would love to see that in 3D, it's such a small moment in the game but whenever I play it, I just leave Drake hanging there so I can stare at it. It's like in 2 where you climb to the top of the hotel in Nepal and see all the mountains in the distance. They are such beautiful games, and it looks like they are pushing the PS3 even further with the Last if Us, I can't wait to see what they can do on PS4.

I also thought the game was much better 2nd time round, the combat was so much easier, even though I upped the difficulty. I felt like I had a better grasp of what they were trying to do with the enemy AI, and combat flowed much better because of it.

I don't know if i'm in a minority, but I really didn't like the combat in Tomb Raider but love it in Uncharted, I can't explain why, it's a mystery to me even lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with everyone saying the third gets better the more times you play it

My honest opinion i can't choose between 2 and 3 for which one i like the most, both have so many plus points and next to no failings