Options

******Spoiler*********

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
Forum Member
Nigel tweeted:
# Nigel Lythgoe dizzyfeet

#Spoiler Alert: Shocking #AmericanIdol news tonight!!!

May be a shock elimination?

Comments

• Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Chi wrote: »
    Nigel tweeted:

May be a shock elimination?

Maybe Dial Idol was accurate this week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It's possible. Or the the shocking news are not too shocking. It's not sure that they have to do with eliminations.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's possible. Or the the shocking news are not too shocking. It's not sure that they have to do with eliminations.

Exactly what they're saying on the Offical American Idol Forum.
    Though some are saying that it could be 2 eliminated next week
  • Options
    Forum Member

It could well be Uncle Nigel trying to build tension - although it is making me rethink my elimination choices - but as I won't see it tonight I'll stick with original choices.
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i doubt he would say 'shocking news' if there was a shock elimination. probably a double or something like that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The viewing figures for all but one of the results shows this season so far have been appalling so Nigel is probably trying to drum up business.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking news could be that a girl won't be eliminated??!?
  • Options
    BatmanLaBatmanBatmanLaBatman Posts: 3,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    The viewing figures for all but one of the results shows this season so far have been appalling so Nigel is probably trying to drum up business.

Good point.
  • Options
    linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigel wasn't shitting :eek:

I got the time wrong again and tuned in to start watching at 1am and caught the end - forgot it was on at midnight :o
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    linnylou wrote: »
    Nigel wasn't shitting :eek:

I got the time wrong again and tuned in to start watching at 1am and caught the end - forgot it was on at midnight :o

I did the same thing, except I was later so missed the end. :o On the plus side, we'll be accurate with the time next week. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so daft cos I remembered last night and watched it live. I'll be glad when the clocks go back this weekend.

I must say though, I wasn't completely shocked who was in the B3, and even had considered them in my initial predictions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so daft cos I remembered last night and watched it live. I'll be glad when the clocks go back this weekend.

I must say though, I wasn't completely shocked who was in the B3, and even had considered them in my initial predictions.

I couldn't help but look up what happened after what you said about Nigel. :o:D I'm surprised by one but not the other two.

Results spoiler.
    I'm also very surprised they've used the save this early - especially on the act they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was clearly a pre-determined decision by Nigel and the producers to ask the judges to use the save, as they wanted all 11 on the tour.
    I think regardless who had been the bottom vote-getter, they would have still saved them. This lot are all very diverse this season which will be good for the tour.
    As soon as Casey started singing I knew they would use the save.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was clearly a pre-determined decision by Nigel and the producers to ask the judges to use the save, as they wanted all 11 on the tour.
    I think regardless who had been the bottom vote-getter, they would have still saved them. This lot are all very diverse this season which will be good for the tour.
    I'm not so sure; I don't think the other two in the bottom three would've been saved had there been the opportunity. What if one of the 'big' acts had toppled to the bottom or had been at the end of a double elimination because the judges had saved an obviously weaker act?

Casey's just about a big enough act to be saved - I don't think the other two are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they defo wanted Stefano on the tour, for the 'heartthrob' factor and they all seem to really like him. I think even Thia would have a following of sorts, as she is technically a good singer, albeit dull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they defo wanted Stefano on the tour, for the 'heartthrob' factor and they all seem to really like him. I think even Thia would have a following of sorts, as she is technically a good singer, albeit dull.
    If Stefano had been saved I think it would've resulted in a scandal that would have Simon Cowell and co quaking in their boots. :D I think the American public can accept Casey being saved...but Stefano's performances have not hit the grade and the viewers would've reacted to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure. I think they really like Stefano, and have been pimping him (of sorts) along with James and Scotty. When Ryan has a chat with one or two of the Idols on the Stools of Pimpage, before their performance, that's usually been an indication of who they like*.

*This is in no way a scientific observation, merely things I've read and picked up upon over the last few seasons.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure. I think they really like Stefano, and have been pimping him (of sorts) along with James and Scotty. When Ryan has a chat with one or two of the Idols on the Stools of Pimpage, before their performance, that's usually been an indication of who they like*.

*This is in no way a scientific observation, merely things I've read and picked up upon over the last few seasons.:D
    :D True - I thought Gordon Ramsey being critical of his mother's food may have brought out the sympathy vote to keep him out of the bottom 3. Obviously not. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL :D Seeing as they seem to like Gordon out there, they all probably took his comments on board and thought the Idols could do without any more of Stefano's mum's cooking, so were doing the kindly thing and voting him out. Don't forget, Casey does have a dodgy stomach :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd agree, I think they might have saved Stefano, he made a dreadful song choice for so many reasons, whereas last week he was being pimped as a possible winner, not so sure they'd have used it on Thia.

They do like him, but I do wonder why noone mentioned to him that Hello was a song choice from hell?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wonder at their song choices sometimes. Out of all the Motown songs to go for, they choose for him a Lionel Richie number from 1984 which isn't even a Motown song. They really do clutch at losse straws sometimes.

Also, the fact that the songs are being chosen for them to sing. I don't know if this is happening for all of the Idols, whether some are choosing their own songs, but they really do seem to be getting treated like puppets this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do wonder at their song choices sometimes. Out of all the Motown songs to go for, they choose for him a Lionel Richie number from 1984 which isn't even a Motown song. They really do clutch at losse straws sometimes.

Also, the fact that the songs are being chosen for them to sing. I don't know if this is happening for all of the Idols, whether some are choosing their own songs, but they really do seem to be getting treated like puppets this season.

I'll admit, I was very keen when they got Jimmy I on board, thought it would be good, but now I'm thinking he's got too much influence, although I get the feeling that Casey, Paul, James and maybe Pia are doing their own choices.

Hello was an awful pick for Stefano, okay it's on the motown label, but it's not motown sound, a song he didn't know, a song that's a horrible cheesefest and very boring and also a song that had been a well known 'moment' for a previous winner, moving him from cannon fodder to contender. Unless Stefano was exceptional with it and did something different, it was always going to land him in trouble.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I hadn't realised that. Haven't they been allowed to choose any of their songs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »

I think some are choosing their own, and some aren't. Stefano wouldn't have chosen Hello as he'd never heard it before - and whoever chose it for him should be taken outside and shot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

I think some have and some haven't. Jimmy and his team certainly seem to have some input with some of the song selections.

Also, apparently, Stefano only found out before he went on stage that David Cook had his 'moment' with 'Hello' in S, but said he just had to get on the stage and do his best with it.