What Will Dan Wooton Do Now?

Comments

• ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    He'll just work on the Sunday edition of The Sun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they start up the sun on sunday with exactly the same columnists as the NOTW that would be a complete **** you to everyone

Ild like to think that Dan and all the other regulars wont be brought back just to emphasise that the new paper isnt simply the NOTW with a different name.

But then i remember quite how brazen Murdoch is and you just know Dan will back :/
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    the guys a complete fruit loop! and the way he rims cheryl coles arse really is quite nauseating!
    really hope the end of the paper means the end of him. i would love to finally see a decent level headed human being take over the showbiz column of ''the sunday sun'' (if thats whats happening)
    i think females do it better, victoria newton who used to be in the sun was pretty good.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think anything will change really apart from the Name of the newspaper. A new sunday paper will probably be launched with majority of the same journalists or The Sun will have a Sunday edition with the NOTW journalists.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will go on to Murdochs next project with Brooks in charge of course. So long live their puppets!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they will bring back all the NoTW of the journalists but they will bring back the ones with good reputations. Dan Wooton could be the British Perez Hilton and start his own gossip website.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    NOTW hasn't been axed it's just been renamed.
    Forum Member
    http://bbc.in/q517Cb

His reaction
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,987
    Forum Member

What a plank...he's given the sack by the person who said 'yes we paid police officers' and would do it again, before being cut off by Andy Coulson and Wootton says it was years ago.

Look around you Wootton and ask were are those people now who were there during the hacking era?

He was recently praised by someone who's job it is/was to promote the scandal stories since the 1990's and she's still there.

Get a brain Wootton.

Oh didn't he report Cheryl Cole was returning to US X-Factor and would be on a plane back to LA within days?

Didn't he report Claire Powell 'sacked' Kerry Katonna for drunken behaviour, yet both said that wasn't the case.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOTW hasn't been axed it's just been renamed.

I suspect that News International will use this as an opportunity to streamline their tabloid operations. Rather than having an entirely separate set-up for the Sunday edition, they'll possibly draw heavily on their existing staff on The Sun. Wootton, among others, probably won't be guaranteed a job.

By the same point, there were obviously many talented journalists at the NOTW who will land jobs not just at The Sunday Sun but also across the media.
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Suddenly, it appears he's out of work. Does anyone feel sorry for him? :o

Apply for the showbiz ed. position at the Sun on Sunday?

I feel sorry for all of them who got shafted.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Family Relationship Counseller for Melanie Brown and her sister?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    Only the Name News of the World is no more. The infrastructure that created and maintained is still there and working hard to limit the damage that recent stories have caused. They havent gone they are just changing their appearence:mad:

Yes, I suspect only the name/brand's been damaged. It will likely surface with a new name in the future.

Edit: Advertisers will know this as well and will be quite happy to advertise with the rebranded newspaper.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Will Max Clifford have any work after this? I for one, hope not!

I'm watching him (begrudgingly) on Daybreak at the moment. :sleep:

He's invovled with every so-called-showbiz story, isn't he?

ETA - Dan Wooten is on tv now. :sleep:

He calls himself a "journalist"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I wouldn't wish tears on anyone Dan Wotton seems to be enjoying this situation far too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FreddieP wrote: »
    Rumour is The Sun purchased the domain name TheSundaySun.co.uk 2 days ago!

Like another poster said they can't have that name as these lot have it http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/. What's the betting they try and bully ncj media to change the name of the paper!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    start a row with a few celebs it seems
    danwootton Dan Wootton
    @Josiestweet @OfficialMelB @PhillTurnerDIY @MarinaHyde How vile that you all decided to celebrate 200 journalists losing their jobs.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What will he do now?

Seppuku would be my suggestion, but unfortunately shit floats and I suspect he'll resurface sooner or later.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How will we survive without his exclusive scoops on Cheryl Cole's latest hairstyle or X factor drama?:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He is still towing the party line. Obviously hoping for a position on the new paper when it launches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget 'award winning' scoops as he is an 'award winning' journo.
    If he said it once he must have said it twenty times in 5mins on tv.
    A quite revolting man.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sign on? :D

:o
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    He is having a total hissy fit right now on twitter with Caitlin Moran over a joke she told about NOTW.

caitlinmoran Caitlin Moran
    *stares at phone* Hugh Grant hasn't rung me to be my best friend yet. I'm gonna give it 10 minutes, then get his number off someone at NOTW
    11 hours ago
    in reply to ↑

@danwootton
    Dan Wootton
    @caitlinmoran Not funny. Right now, I thought you'd have a bit more sensitivity to 200 journalists in your company who have lost their jobs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Dan has not been involved in hacking I feel sorry for him as he is paying the price for others crimes.

I think it is wrong to tar everyone with the same brush. They are making out its all to do with just one newspaper when many others have done the same be it in the past or present day. With all sides the innocent ones are the ones hurting, I do hope they catch and prosecute those that are guilty.

The old saying comes to mind "There but for the Grace of God go I"
    Forum Member
    Martin Lewis's reaction was the funniest. Apparently he was taking a break to consider his options anyway and has already recieved offers from other major papers but isn't taking them as he wants a break from the big papers :p.