Oh Sophie

2»

Comments

• blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she was really bad, but my friend thought it sounded great! I guess we all have different tastes but I was shocked he thought it was good!
    It's not like they gave her much to work with though.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems a nice enough girl [something that is always a negative in said industry, sadly] - but her vocals were so flat[lined]. And I don't have her performance last week to compare to, as I wasn't about.

Compared to the absolutely train crash that was Frankie's performance tonight that is saying alot too.

Both need to be in the bottom two tomorrow methinks [Frankie to go - I know he won't though :rolleyes:].
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was off key it was awful, she wont last long,I predict out by week 6, they should have kept the other girl.

Gorjuss Dress though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...Awkward because I loved it!

Yes she was flat in some bits of the song but when she belted it out at the end - I got goosebumps!
    Oh and the glitter was a nice touch too.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dy85 wrote: »
    totally agree i thought that it was bad and whats with this "Represent" wtf we are not in the States

Katy likes it :cool:
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is she East European she has that look
  • James TJames T Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At her best, I don't think there's anyone better in this year's competition, but it must be said that she wasn't anywhere near her best this week. Hopefully she'll live to fight another day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she the sweet Irish one?

I thought she did really badly. I love her voice, but she sang out of tune and basically wrecked the song.

I never watch the prog, but watched three acts and all were bad. Yikes!
  • James TJames T Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Is she East European she has that look

Part greek, I think?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel Kelly needs to get her through this week or the press will really go to town on Kelly
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Sophie is great when she just does her thing, just let's her voice flow, it's when she tries to go all Mariah on us that she falls flat or too sharp, she's got an amazing tone, she doesn't need to project range. Aimee Winehouse was the same, Aimee couldn't hit the high notes like Leona but she had an equally as good a voice, her tone and lower register was much more superior to Leona's (who I also love).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she needs her spark sparkiling :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm in the minority, I thought she sang the song beautifully, her voice is smoothing but as a performer however, Lifeless and no spark. Nice girl but she hasn't got the X Factor in my opinion. The show has some big personalities and she falls behind. As amazing as her voice is, so is Kitty and Sami, they are also dubbed the "voice" of the show too. They edge on her however on performance and charisma, and that is very important in show bizz.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArsenalX wrote: »
    Looks like I'm in the minority, I thought she sang the song beautifully, her voice is smoothing but as a performer however, Lifeless and no spark. Nice girl but she hasn't got the X Factor in my opinion. The show has some big personalities and she falls behind. As amazing as her voice is, so is Kitty and Sami, they are also dubbed the "voice" of the show too. They edge on her however on performance and charisma, and that is very important in show bizz.

Hmmm. Has James Morrison, Chris Martin, David Gray? They can be lifeless with no spark too but they sell stuff. And they didn't go on the X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She looks positively fed up when she sings and looks like someone who is lost and looking for the way out of a building
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to urge people who didn't like her to rewatch her performance on Youtube because you'll realise, 'actually it did work'.

You were so distracted by the strange cut dress and tiny vocal issues that you didn't give her credit for the moments she was excellent.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl is dull but no-one has the heart to tell Kelly Rowland the truth. Kelly wants her to sing at her wedding so everyone else has to put up with her. Tut. Bring back Jade.