The SUC Refugee Thread (Part 16)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Gidday :D

An update from Miserygutsville :p

Today was supposed to be D-Day - however one of the two decision makers had a family reunion over the weekend and phoned in sick after confiding in me last week that she has 30 sick days owing.

I took the valium (mother's little helpers, needed to bring me down if I get over excited from the adrenaline rush which my body produces but my brain can't process, on an genetic basis evidently) the doc has prescribed for emergencies, to work today just in case (that was where thing went wrong last Thursday, I had neglected that precaution!) Dignity is precious you know!

Penny (Penelope) had the cheek to ask tonight f I could drive on them - I asked her whether she thought driving in a cyclone (look it up!) with your eyes filled with tears was any better! I then went on to say that i have always focused on the least worst option :blush:

So in general it appears that that which was to happen today or tomorrow at the latest has been postponed yet again. It is yet another long weekend in NZ because of ANZAC Day (bless their souls and We Do Remember Them)

All I can say is God Help Them If They Call Another Meeting To Explain It will be I KNOW FU##ERS PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:D
    In other words make us all happy!!! Get on with it FFS :D
    (Haven't been done for smilies for yonks!) love it!
    Forum Member
    Gidday :D

An update from Miserygutsville :p

Today was supposed to be D-Day - however one of the two decision makers had a family reunion over the weekend and phoned in sick after confiding in me last week that she has 30 sick days owing.

I took the valium (mother's little helpers, needed to bring me down if I get over excited from the adrenaline rush which my body produces but my brain can't process, on an genetic basis evidently) the doc has prescribed for emergencies, to work today just in case (that was where thing went wrong last Thursday, I had neglected that precaution!) Dignity is precious you know!

Penny (Penelope) had the cheek to ask tonight f I could drive on them - I asked her whether she thought driving in a cyclone (look it up!) with your eyes filled with tears was any better! I then went on to say that i have always focused on the least worst option :blush:

So in general it appears that that which was to happen today or tomorrow at the latest has been postponed yet again. It is yet another long weekend in NZ because of ANZAC Day (bless their souls and We Do Remember Them)

All I can say is God Help Them If They Call Another Meeting To Explain It will be I KNOW FU##ERS PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:D
    In other words make us all happy!!! Get on with it FFS :D
    (Haven't been done for smilies for yonks!) love it!

Mutter! Mumble! Mumble! Grump!

I also suspect that the aforementioned person with over 30 days sick leave and whose position has been dis-established, but has been invited to apply for the New Position, is going to do the sensible thing, (she is divorced, been there for 12 years, earns waaaaayyyy more than me, can easily rent out her house to pay the mortgage, and told me she may not make the decision they think she will because she is also ticked right off, we drink together out of hours!) is going to take her payout and run around the world like the sensible person she is.... In NZ you don't get paid out for sick days you have accrued as part of your redundancy package, you just lose 'em. I don't have any to lose ... But a month is a month after all.

Who knows what tomorrow might bring .. but as it is payweek I don't care! I can afford cigarettes, RR AND alcohol! Looking good!
  • Kitty WrinkleKitty Wrinkle Posts: 16,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon SUC-ers :p
    Mutter! Mumble! Mumble! Grump!

I also suspect that the aforementioned person with over 30 days sick leave and whose position has been dis-established, but has been invited to apply for the New Position, is going to do the sensible thing, (she is divorced, been there for 12 years, earns waaaaayyyy more than me, can easily rent out her house to pay the mortgage, and told me she may not make the decision they think she will because she is also ticked right off, we drink together out of hours!) is going to take her payout and run around the world like the sensible person she is.... In NZ you don't get paid out for sick days you have accrued as part of your redundancy package, you just lose 'em. I don't have any to lose ... But a month is a month after all.

Who knows what tomorrow might bring .. but as it is payweek I don't care! I can afford cigarettes, RR AND alcohol! Looking good!

Gidday Rosey ... any news? :D I'm on tenterhooks myself, never mind you :o:p

I think I'm on the verge of going a bit bonkers myself. Can't talk about it, would never be forgiven, but suffice it to say life here is a tad lively. And not in a good way. :o

Meh :(
  • PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet29 wrote: »
    Misery guts and littleredhen are not two words that go together. Im not surprised you are feeling peeved. Control is all you are asking for, you need to know where you stand and how you are gong to go forward its not much to ask for. Youve had a time and a half of it over the past few years

wish you were nearer i would share that wine with you

keep that chin up and play the Roxy LOUDLY ...hugs xx
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'm not surprised you're hacked off.........why do employers play this game? Just bloody tell people what's happening, who is going, over & done with. They obviously get off on having people stressing out, when in fact it can be avoided.

Hopefully you'll find out soon what's going to happen. Meanwhile, keep your chin up. :D
    Evening all, lovely people.

'Kinnell, Rosey ... no wonder you're on tenterhooks :o Why can't they just say what's what and you'll all be better off for knowing. You can bet your bottom dollar that someone knows what's going to happen, so why can't they tell the people directly involved? >:(

And in other news ... I have a white chocolate Hello Kitty Easter 'egg'. :D

I believe this is one of the reasons Mikey became ill in the first place, they kept him hanging on for another post that never transpired. Had they told him at the outset there was no chance of another job, I think he will have been better able to come to terms with it and prepare in the 6 months period. I really do have deep resentment about how the company dealt with him and I am sure it contributed towards his death.
    Afternoon SUC-ers :p

Gidday Rosey ... any news? :D I'm on tenterhooks myself, never mind you

I think I'm on the verge of going a bit bonkers myself. Can't talk about it, would never be forgiven, but suffice it to say life here is a tad lively. And not in a good way. :o

Meh :(
    Hey Rosey. Thinking of you. xx And Kitty ((((Hugs)))) for whatever is going on.
    Forum Member
    Happiness runs in circular motion according to Donovan Leitch so you folks are all due some. :D

Got a decision today and I still have a job.... AND to boot they are moving the office back into town so I don't have to travel anywhere near as far and can go back to walking to work which I used to do everyday till February 2011 :D:D

Good luck with whatever is going on kitty - allegories are a great way of sharing without dropping clangers ....

Pobs I will try and catch up by phone in a day or two - been a bit busy staying sane to be much use - but normal service will be resumed once I get over the celebration phase :D:D

Thank you all for your support!!! (AGAIN!!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poblet wrote: »
    I believe this is one of the reasons Mikey became ill in the first place, they kept him hanging on for another post that never transpired. Had they told him at the outset there was no chance of another job, I think he will have been better able to come to terms with it and prepare in the 6 months period. I really do have deep resentment about how the company dealt with him and I am sure it contributed towards his death.

Hey Rosey. Thinking of you. xx And Kitty ((((Hugs)))) for whatever is going on.

Bless you Sweetpea. (((hugs))) right back atcha, as I believe they say. :D x
    Happiness runs in circular motion according to Donovan Leitch so you folks are all due some. :D

Got a decision today and I still have a job.... AND to boot they are moving the office back into town so I don't have to travel anywhere near as far and can go back to walking to work which I used to do everyday till February 2011 :D

Good luck with whatever is going on kitty - allegories are a great way of sharing without dropping clangers ....

Pobs I will try and catch up by phone in a day or two - been a bit busy staying sane to be much use - but normal service will be resumed once I get over the celebration phase :D

Thank you all for your support!!! (AGAIN!!!)

Woot! So you get to stay employed but even better than that you get to work near home again. :D Yay. I'm really pleased for you Rosey. x
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoo hoooo Rosey good news there hope youve got the beers cracked tonight:cool::D

i got an egg to Kitty and got a nice broken tooth to remember it by.....i have an aversion to dentists but have had no choice but to go, quaking in my boots i was

thinking about you pob xx

im just watchin Weekend escapes with Warwick Davies he is fab and so are is lovely family, i want to go boating now :D
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [highlight]*.¸*.¸[/highlight] HAPPY[highlight]¸.*¸.*[/highlight]
    [highlight]«.* ¸.*.¸[/highlight] BIRTHDAY[highlight]¸.*.¸ *.»[/highlight]
    [highlight]¸.*¸.*¸.* [/highlight]KITTY[highlight]*. ¸*.¸*.¸[/highlight]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60t3svGknk :D Hope it's a good 'un xxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:DHappy Birthday Kitty have a fabby day!!!:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Birthday Kitty, you lovely, wonderful lady. xxxx
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [highlight]✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ •。♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
    /▌*˛˚ ░ ░Happy Birthday Wrinkles* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ[/highlight]

I hope you're having a great day today. x :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    [highlight]✫ ✫ ✫.
    `⋎´✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•✫
    ..✫¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.✫
    ☻/ღ˚ •。♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★
    /▌*˛˚ ░ ░Happy Birthday Wrinkles* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    / \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ[/highlight]

I hope you're having a great day today. x :)

I was trying to plagiarise ^^^ that last night but couldn't find it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Shine on You Crazy Diamond'
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I was trying to plagiarise ^^^ that last night but couldn't find it :D

I had it hidden under lock & key from sticky fingered folk like you! :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the 1st of May..... your shout Pobs xxxxxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello SUC-ers :p

Awwww, thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry I haven't been around for a week or so, but life is continuing to be a tad --> :o <--
    but hopefully we will get some help for our --> :o <-- soon. :p

Janet, sorry to hear about your tooth :( That's pants, especially when you haven't been having any chocolates or sweeties lately. How did you get on at the dentist? x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello SUC-ers :p

Awwww, thanks for the birthday wishes. Sorry I haven't been around for a week or so, but life is continuing to be a tad --> :o <--
    but hopefully we will get some help for our --> :o <-- soon. :p

Janet, sorry to hear about your tooth :( That's pants, especially when you haven't been having any chocolates or sweeties lately. How did you get on at the dentist? x

Hello Kitty :D

sorry to hear things are rough for you hope things pick up you deserve better

i dont eat sweets or chocolates usually it wasnt faiiiiiiiiiiir, the egg was good tho. I have to have a root canal filling next week, im a tad anxious even though the dentist is very nice. Im a wuss were these sort of fillings are concerned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet29 wrote: »
    Hello Kitty :D

sorry to hear things are rough for you hope things pick up you deserve better

i dont eat sweets or chocolates usually it wasnt faiiiiiiiiiiir, the egg was good tho. I have to have a root canal filling next week, im a tad anxious even though the dentist is very nice. Im a wuss were these sort of fillings are concerned

I don't think anyone goes gladly into the dentist surgery for a root canal filling :o Can you take some Rescue Remedy to calm yourself? And maybe some Arnica tablets to speed up the healing from bruising, etc? I hope it goes ok for you. xx

Thanks for your good wishes. Appointments tomorrow which may or may not help the issues with --> :o <--
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck Miss Kitka. There is always a drink in the Pub waiting for you! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to maintain the thread. Sorry, it's a sad thought. I just don't get it. I want to talk to Mike about mum, I want to talk to mum about Mike. How can I lose the two people who mean the most to me within a month? I feel desolated, lonely and scared. There. Can't put this on FB because my niece aged 12 has friended me, and it was her Nana and Uncle who died.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to maintain the thread. Sorry, it's a sad thought. I just don't get it. I want to talk to Mike about mum, I want to talk to mum about Mike. How can I lose the two people who mean the most to me within a month? I feel desolated, lonely and scared. There. Can't put this on FB because my niece aged 12 has friended me, and it was her Nana and Uncle who died.

Sorry to hear your bad news Poblet. As they say it never rains, but it pours. I wish you all the best. :) PM me if you want to talk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening SUC-ers :p

I just wanted to nip in and say a thread 'HaPpY bIrThDaY' to our Milgi. :D x
    chinchin wrote: »
    Good luck Miss Kitka. There is always a drink in the Pub waiting for you! :)

Hello DC - how lovely to see you here :D Thank you, that's very kind. I shall bear it in mind. x

(((((hugs))))) to you, Lovely. I think of you every day. If it's any consolation, I think there would be something a lot wrong with someone who had been through what you've been through, and who didn't consequently feel like you feel. It's horrible. Awful. :cry: xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [highlight] *:D Happy Birthday Milgs and Rosie :D*[/highlight]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    [highlight] *:D Happy Birthday Milgs and Rosie :D*[/highlight]

Evening Joni. How the devil are you? :D

I forgot to say happy birthday to Rosey :blush: So sorry, Rosey. You know I remembered, because of the card at FB, but I forgot when I was posting earlier. Head full of all the crap that's going on here. Sorry again. I hope you had a fantabulous day. :) x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    W.Rs to you all. Thinking of Sarge ... And Balders. Bless them both. Xx