SocialaddictSocialaddict Posts: 850
Forum Member
✭✭
You can tell, it's really sad.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    for some reason i can't sympathise with him.

the reason being it seems fame seems more important to him than his family.

might be harsh but thats my opinion, i cant understand why he chose to come back to the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully as time passes we'll learn more about the situation and what lead him to the decision to stay in the house. That's assuming he stays. he may decide to leave after the funeral.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

How can you tell, are you watching now:confused:
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, if I was in his position - I would also stay in the safe cocoon of the BB house for the time being.
  • Options
    DermodragonDermodragon Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know he has no obligation to do so. But coming clean and fully explaining the situation could do him no harm, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    flowers786 wrote: »
    for some reason i can't sympathise with him.

the reason being it seems fame seems more important to him than his family.

might be harsh but thats my opinion, i cant understand why he chose to come back to the house.

very very harsh, totally unempathetic and just plain nasty
  • Options
    JoshuaRyJoshuaRy Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I personally think he's maybe doing this for his sister or more likely he doesn't want to face up to the truth, staying in the house is like staying in a bubble... its a closed off environment. Maybe in a few days he may ask to leave when the reality hits him.

Either way I very much doubt hes staying in there for selfish reasons ie. wanting fame more than to leave and be with his family. The man can't be judged.
  • Options
    ohboyohboy Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

what's really sad is putting tv time above your family.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...which is why he should be removed from the house. If he really is grieving then being in this type of environment isn't going to do him any good at all.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohboy wrote: »
    what's really sad is putting tv time above your family.

You have no idea what happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a disgrace that he stayed in the house, its not even a proper house but a tv show! Even if he has his reasons like he didnt get along with his sister or something, his family cant be happy with his decision.

And yeah yeah il be told off for judging and what not but like really this is his family and as a viewer im going to put my view across.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have no idea what happened.

what is there to know?

his SISTER died. he chose to stay on a TV SHOW instead of being with and supporting his family who are grieving her loss.
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is going to be comfortable viewing to see Scott over the next few days.

I've read through the threads about him today, and the general consensus is not to judge until we know the facts followed by a qualification for why he has chosen to return to the house eg he was not close to her, she was already ill etc. But if it materialises that he has made his BB experience the top prioroty over the sudden death of a close family member, most people will find it difficult to identify with this decision and he will be judged for it by the public and this will do nothing to assist the grieving process once he leaves the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rubyx93 wrote: »
    I think its a disgrace that he stayed in the house, its not even a proper house but a tv show! Even if he has his reasons like he didnt get along with his sister or something, his family cant be happy with his decision.

And yeah yeah il be told off for judging and what not but like really this is his family and as a viewer im going to put my view across.

well that's the important thing isn't it? never mind not knowing any facts, ignore any hurt your comments might cause to a grieving family as long ad your right as a viewer of a reality tv are not ignored!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohboy wrote: »
    what is there to know?

his SISTER died. he chose to stay on a TV SHOW instead of being with and supporting his family who are grieving her loss.

You have no idea what his family said to him, how he deals with grief etc. It's so easy to sit there and judge people when they're the ones going through the stuff, isn't it?

Like I said, you have no idea what happened.

Random CAPITALS don't make your POINT any more VALID, by the WAY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you need to look up the definition of random.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's in the BB house to be judged by the public- that's what BB is. His decision to stay in the house under these circumstances will be judged whether people like it or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people handle death by putting up walls, while others take comfort in being around family members.

I'm the type of person who builds barriers and uses distraction as a way of dealing with death.

I remember when my sister died. I threw myself into housework. washed the windows, hoovered, did the laundry, anything to avoid facing the finality of the situation. Some people may not understand it. Sometimes grief seems so consuming that we'll lose our minds if we don't keep active.

I dealt with it in my own way and my family understood that my reaction was in no way disrespectful, it was just my way of coping.

I can understand why Scott may have made the decision to stay in BB. It may be his defense mechanism kicking in, a way of coping with the grief itself. It's not to say that in a few days he may not change his mind.

We shouldn't judge others based on how we would cope with a similar situation. It's petty. It's short sighted and it's just plain cruel.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    His sister died?:eek: oh god that is very close family., I thought maybe an elderly relative I know that is still sad but his sister can' be that old so yes its odd that he chose to stay on and still talk about wanting to pull Arron is of poor taste. Sorry not on.:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you tell, are you watching now:confused:

Yeah i was, i saw how he looked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    He's in the BB house to be judged by the public- that's what BB is. His decision to stay in the house under these circumstances will be judged whether people like it or not.

if we had better moderation purposeful nasty comments and posters could be removed. its unfair to scott, his family and his sister to judge him for this
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »

I agree. To say he shouldn't be judged is ( imho ) silly. He's part of a game show being filmed 24 / 7 and is now also a grieving House mate. Of course he is going to be judged on how he is dealing with it whilst in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have no idea what his family said to him, how he deals with grief etc. It's so easy to sit there and judge people when they're the ones going through the stuff, isn't it?

Like I said, you have no idea what happened.

Random CAPITALS don't make your POINT any more VALID, by the WAY.

I agree 100%

None of us know what was said. So it's not fair to judge Scott on the decision he and probably his family made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NaughtyNan wrote: »
    His sister died?:eek: oh god that is very close family., I thought maybe an elderly relative I know that is still sad but his sister can' be that old so yes its odd that he chose to stay on and still talk about wanting to pull Arron is of poor taste. Sorry not on.:sleep:

Nan, it only very close family if you have very close family. Can't people on here understand that not everyone has a close loving family. His best friend may mean more to him than his sister for all we know. Blood doesn't bond everyone.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Caz42 wrote: »
    Nan, it only very close family if you have very close family. Can't people on here understand that not everyone has a close loving family. His best friend may mean more to him than his sister for all we know. Blood doesn't bond everyone.
    You are right, not everyone has a close bond with their closest as in blood relative but still she was his sister and out of respect he should have left an ''entertainment'' show. Its just poor taste, in my opinion.