Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• IvorChestikoffIvorChestikoff Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Vile to an alleged woman-beater just now: "Button it, because I'm not a woman and I'm not afraid of you."

No, Jez, you're not. That's because you've got your team of babysitters to hide behind.
  • poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »
    I never thought of that to be honest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/463819640335774/

There's a Facebook group about Monday's episode lol.

Hmmmm... I have 80 episodes of JK to watch :o

Ohhhh thanks for that link. :) I have lots of episodes to catch up with. I'm off work now till Monday. I'm going to have a 'Jeremy Kyle fest ' I may stay in my pjamas all day and shot popcorn at the TV. ;):o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Ohhhh thanks for that link. :) I have lots of episodes to catch up with. I'm off work now till Monday. I'm going to have a 'Jeremy Kyle fest ' I may stay in my pjamas all day and shot popcorn at the TV. ;):o
    Haha. Sounds good.

Why do the episodes expire after 30 days? :(
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the episode with the alcoholic who was sexually abused in a care home and I have to say, I've reached my limit with this show. When the guy came out on stage stumbling about and people in the audience were laughing it turned my stomach. Stories like this and the dead baby one from Monday are just not right for a bear baiting freakshow like JK. For me the programme has truly crossed a line in terms of what subjects it should be allowed to cover, given the environment of it

I'm I'm switching off...this is not a programme I want to give any time to. It has truly gone too far beyond anything which belongs in a civilised society.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    A lot of people slag off the show...but still watch it. From what I know no one from the Kyle show goes out with a fog horn asking people to come on the show.

People phone up the show if they want to air their dirty washing/teeth/tattoos on their necks well thats up to them isnt it !!
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guests who go on the JK Show know what he is like and what to expect. I think there are some who go on just to get their 15 minutes of fame - there have been some utter pointless time-wasters coming on.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »
    The guests who go on the JK Show know what he is like and what to expect. I think there are some who go on just to get their 15 minutes of fame - there have been some utter pointless time-wasters coming on.

I heard that a high percentage of the guests go on to get a night in a hotel as they've never spent the night in a hotel before! :eek: Having watched the show for many years, I can actually believe that! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that a high percentage of the guests go on to get a night in a hotel as they've never spent the night in a hotel before! :eek: Having watched the show for many years, I can actually believe that! :o

Yes highlander that is true. I free trip to Manchester, and a night in the Jeremy Kyle Travelodge, is like a mini holiday. No wonder some of the guests go back for another show ! ;)
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never been in a hotel. (Except on Holiday abroad as a child but that doesn't really count)
    I might try to get on it then. Lol

"I was impregnated by a hobo and he wants to sell the baby on ebay for drugs!"

That should get me on it I reckon.
  • highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Yes highlander that is true. I free trip to Manchester, and a night in the Jeremy Kyle Travelodge, is like a mini holiday. No wonder some of the guests go back for another show ! ;)

Jeremy Kyle Travelodge...:D
    I wonder if they get a mini bar?

CBFreak wrote: »
    I've never been in a hotel. (Except on Holiday abroad as a child but that doesn't really count)

I think that's the subject of tomorrow's show!!! :D
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Jeremy used to have a go at guests that referred to their child as 'it' but he does it all the time!

Edit: and what's with "You don't want my help and I'll come and find you one day when you least except it!! You don't believe me do you?!" How does he get away with threatening guests yet theyre not allowed to make threats to each other?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »

I would ring up the hotline and get yourself there ;) You can be a double agent, and get us behind the scenes info. :D
    I would love to work on the reception in this place. Imagine watching all the guests checking in the night before. I bet after they check out, all the towels bedding and TVs have been stolen ! The soaps and shampoos are safe. No one looks like they have had a wash on that show.

As its nearly the weekend and there is no show till Monday I think everyone should post the funniest Jeremy Kyle chav clip.
    We can share our top moment on the show.:D
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Jeremy used to have a go at guests that referred to their child as 'it' but he does it all the time!

Edit: and what's with "You don't want my help and I'll come and find you one day when you least except it!! You don't believe me do you?!" How does he get away with threatening guests yet theyre not allowed to make threats to each other?

So true! ....And don't forget the most sinister threat of all:

Guest: "Please stop shouting at me."
    Jeremy (snarling menacingly): "I'll do more than shout in a minute."

He says this quite frequently. What on earth does he mean? What does he imagine he;s allowed to do? Why don't people ever challenge him on this sort of appalling behaviour?

Another creepy thing he does is to deliberately engineer a confrontation with a guest, getting them to stand up and going nose to nose with them, then sneering "My security guard will flatten you if you come any nearer." Well why do it then? It's like he just wants to show the guest that he's allowed to menace them as much as he likes, but they can't do anything about it. If they ask him to back off when he's in their face, he says things like "Gonna start on me now, are you?" as if they've threatened him. Horrible, horrible.

Re the "it" thing, sometimes he even refers to the child as "it" when he or she is clearly pictured on the video screen behind him. Even if it's a sweet two-year-old girl shown playing with dolls, Jeremy still says horrible "objectifying" things like "All that child needs is food in ITS belly and a clean nappy on ITS backside". Who talks about children like this?

The "it" thing doesn't just apply with kids, either. When Jeremy takes against a guest, he starts saying nasty things like "Get IT out of my studio...pick IT up and carry it out...That should be on ITS knees apologising" etc. Normal people don't talk like this about fellow human beings, surely? :eek: It always reminds me of the serial killer in Silence Of The Lambs.
  • IvorChestikoffIvorChestikoff Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »
    The "it" thing doesn't just apply with kids, either. When Jeremy takes against a guest, he starts saying nasty things like "Get IT out of my studio...pick IT up and carry it out...That should be on ITS knees apologising" etc. Normal people don't talk like this about fellow human beings, surely? :eek: It always reminds me of the serial killer in Silence Of The Lambs.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again ..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very rare you see anyone who looks like they're familiar with soap and shampoo on that show. Do you think the producers ask them to dress down, slap their hair back in a child's bobble and not brush their teeth for a week.

If I knew I was going to be on telly I'd damn well make sure I looked clean and tidy, what is it with these people?
    Forum Member
    Jocolah wrote: »

Some have been known to have their 75 min of fame and go on the show 3 times :D

Or in the "olden days" when here was Kilroy and Trisha and Kyle....you would see the same faces on each of them.

Seem to remember watching Kyle then turning over to watch Trisha and they had the same guests on :D
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to the hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if ITV Studios have a contract with a local Manchester hotel (probably Holiday Inn or Travelodge) for guests. This way there's already insurance cover and the like to cover chavvy behaviour from some of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Noodle wrote: »
    It's very rare you see anyone who looks like they're familiar with soap and shampoo on that show. Do you think the producers ask them to dress down, slap their hair back in a child's bobble and not brush their teeth for a week.

If I knew I was going to be on telly I'd damn well make sure I looked clean and tidy, what is it with these people?

I agree some of the guests look minging. When I was watching the baby's grave episode I couldn't stop staring at the fake ugg boots the guests were wearing ! They were filthy..... I wouldn't dare. You would think they would go to the local Asda and buy a nice pair of shoes !

As for the teeth ! I remember years ago there was a funny Facebook page devoted to the gnashers of Jeremy Kyle guests.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a "man" on today called Blue.

That can't be his real name can it?
    Forum Member
    Just watching te show....shes been with him 7 months....lost a baby.....hes been in prison for beating up some poor sod just doing his job.....hes sending dirty messages to other girls.....hes slagging her off to everyone.....

And she wants to know why is he asking other women for sex :rolleyes:

Oh dear shes possesive...now theres a good reason :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the production team have started to find the corridors as boring as some of us in this thread have and are trying out the car park instead.

I guess having the guests actually remain on the stage, in their seats, just isn't worthy enough?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Re the it thing, i hate the way he shouts at a possible father for referring to a child as it and screams at them, she is a baby not an it! But then he refers to the child as it and nobody says anything!

It seems jk can be vile and awful to guests but if anyone says anything to him he turns it around so the audience boos them! Its as if the audience cant think for themselves and just think what jeremy wants them to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something that gets to me even more than his use of "it" is his frequent use of the word "damn" when refering to peoples children.

If he ever used the expression "your damn kid" to me in a conversation he would be on his backside before his heavies had a chance to move.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the way he says "I've got proof you said XYZ....my researcher wrote it down." The guests frequently protest that their words have been twisted or misquoted, but Jeremy just smiles smugly and calls to have the written-down quote brought onstage as if this is absolute cast-iron proof. He then reads it out and bellows in the guests' faces: "See? Nailed-on proof that you said it!" :confused: How is it proof? Writing something down doesn't prove anything...it could have been misheard or misunderstood.

What makes it even worse, is that he sometimes reads out something slightly different from what he originally accused them of saying, then when the guest agrees "Yes, that's what I actually said," Jeremy crows with triumph and claims they've capitulated, which isn't the case at all.

For example, the other day he claimed a guest had said "I don't want a gay man around my baby." The guest strongly denied saying this. But when Jeremy got the quote and referred to it as "nailed-on proof", it turned out the guest had actually said "I don't want [specific person who happened to be gay] around my baby." It was Jeremy who had distorted the quote and made it inflammatory. But as far as he was concerned, reading out the quote banged the guest to rights! He also has a sneaky trick of winding the audience up to boo or applaud while the guest is trying to correct the misquote, so the audience don't get to hear the correction.

And how about his childish tricks to drag the focus back onto himself when the guests are arguing? Lying down on the floor like a toddler seems to be the latest one, along with lots of clowning around and pulling silly faces at the audience to get a laugh, even when the subject matter is something sad or serious.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Just watching the 'trashing the dead baby's grave' ep on ITV2. This programme has sunk to a new low and I didn't think it was possible.

When the accuser said she didn't want the woman accused of trashing her baby's grave sitting next to her, Kyle sneered, ''It's a controlled environment, it's my show and and people will sit where I say" :eek:

Ugh! The lie detector suggests the accuser sent the grave desecrators photos of dead babies - that was their motivation for messing with the grave. One of the accused said that if she had a spade she'd have dug up the remains and spread it across the grave.

Vile and depressing on all levels.