Helen is ruining the entire series

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Price got voted for all the time and she made a great effort in her trials. Helen is just a complete waste of space.

I agree. I can not stand Katie Price but, to give the girl her due, she got stuck in and gave the trials a go, despite being scared.

Helen makes Natalie Appleton look like a hero at the moment
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Helen had a plan in her head for the last trial I am sure. She is so sick of being voted that I think she deliberately chose to not do the trial - "I froze" - in order not to give the public the squeals that they so delight in. Maybe shrewd but of course it backfires for her monumentally in the camp.

Hate how much of a poseur she is...she knows when the cameras are on her hence the pouty, pouty fish lips....yuk!!! Pretentious moi? This does nothing to try and address her bimbo image...."I'm deep and complex"....yeah :rolleyes:
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    she is now making a point by not even starting the trials as if to say "vote for me and I wont do it". the public know its very unlikely she will do trials now but still vote, its on them, this is the kind of show Britain now likes to see, starving people and a berated, bullied contestent for not getting them food. Human natures a bitch

Good for her I say. I hate the trials anyway unless they require physical skill. Humiliating peiople by dousing them in fish guts, meal worms etc is not my idea of entertainment.

However, we're seeing how the people in the camp react - Eric Bristow "If my son behaved like that at her age I'd hang him" charming.man:rolleyes:. Limal who would have run out of the hut if Rosemary hadn't been there. Colin, crying at the thought of his daughters being put through the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    AnthonyS wrote: »
    I think it's one of the best series yet and Helen is not ruining anything, she's the one everyones talking about and I think for a 22 year old girl she's handling it really well. As she said, she thought she would be able to handle it a lot better than she is, nobody knows how they are going to react until put into the situation.

She eat things most people wouldn't, and although yesterday she didn't even attempt it I think mentally she had just had enough, 5 in a row most people would be the same. And I think it's great that she's basically putting two fingers up to the people spending money on voting for her - as somebody said above, she's breaking no rules.

I also think she's handling the other camp mates quite well too, especially that idiot Limahl last night and also Eric, I think she's getting a lot of stick when she's doing better than most would. She's also the most entertaining out of them all IMO, unintentionally funny and she seems like a lovely girl.

Why is Limahl an idiot? He stated the obvious. You must have known what you were coming in to?

Helen had tried to manipulate the situation. She hadn't even attempted the trial and had to go back to camp and tell them. She tried to turn the situation around putting the issue back on the other celebs to take the pressure off herself. Picked on Charlie brooks and then was quite affronted when Limahl answered her question. She then tried to tell Limahl that his opinion didn't count as he had only been in camp 2 days! But he has actually done more in those 2 days than she had in a week!!
    She tried to laugh off Eric's comments. Maybe that's why tonight's trial she actually does try as she is seeing her princess routine is wearing thin in camp
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm giving up on the series until she leaves. It is good to vote the same people to do the trails, as long as they do it, Janice Dickenson, Jan Leeming and Gillian McKeith all at least attempted the trails. But sadly this year's series has been wrecked.
  • ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theory is that she (or those that advise her) had a game plan from day one, to get the most exposure/camera time possible. Be afraid and screamy about everything, get voted for all the trials etc etc. If you look at some of the evidence she is actually a lot tougher than she seems. Someone with a fear of heights would have found that first rope bridge almost impossible - yeah there was a lot of squealing but she did pretty well - and no further mention of heights going back and forth across the rope bridge to the trials. She's never looked actually scared to me, and I do believe she deliberately took the under water stars with her hand to be controversial. The eating task is often the worst but she did do some of this. We've seen real fear many times on this show and its not there with her.

So far so good... however the plan has started to unravel a bit as the campmates, Ant and Dec and poss even the producers are starting to get genuinely annoyed with her. Possibly time to change strategy?
  • itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. I can not stand Katie Price but, to give the girl her due, she got stuck in and gave the trials a go, despite being scared.

Helen makes Natalie Appleton look like a hero at the moment

IMO if she was that scared she wouldn't have gone back to give it another go.
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Artois wrote: »
    My theory is that she (or those that advise her) had a game plan from day one, to get the most exposure/camera time possible. Be afraid and screamy about everything, get voted for all the trials etc etc. If you look at some of the evidence she is actually a lot tougher than she seems. Someone with a fear of heights would have found that first rope bridge almost impossible - yeah there was a lot of squealing but she did pretty well - and no further mention of heights going back and forth across the rope bridge to the trials. She's never looked actually scared to me, and I do believe she deliberately took the under water stars with her hand to be controversial. The eating task is often the worst but she did do some of this. We've seen real fear many times on this show and its not there with her.

So far so good... however the plan has started to unravel a bit as the campmates, Ant and Dec and poss even the producers are starting to get genuinely annoyed with her. Possibly time to change strategy?

I don't think she possesses sufficient brain cells to come up with a game plan.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The majority of people voted for Helen, get over it.

Nothing to get over. Simply saying that the only people to blame for Helen always doing the trials are the public..she doesn't deserve the blame as the public know exactly what they are getting (or not getting). We get the show we deserve..one way or the other.

People need to pick another target if they don't want her to do them (and there have been some pretty obvious targets other than Helen over the last couple of days)

..and it's probably not true to say the majority of people voted for Helen (unless she got over 50% of the vote). She got the most votes... but it may have only been 1 in 5 voters who actually voted for her. The majority likely didn't want her to do another trial.
  • LeePatrickLeePatrick Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    AnthonyS wrote: »
    ...... I think she's getting a lot of stick when she's doing better than most would. She's also the most entertaining out of them all IMO, unintentionally funny and she seems like a lovely girl.
    Anthony, I think you must be liking the boobs a bit too much, because the rest of your quote is a load of rubbish, she's totally useless
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony's post was perfectly cogent, maybe you didn't understand it.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    I don't think she possesses sufficient brain cells to come up with a game plan.

I agree but I bet her management does ;)
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    This series has been quite boring tbh because the british public (who in general are idiots) keep voting for Helen to do the trials. They always pick one person and it gets old real quick.
    Also I would be really pissed off if I was one of the researcher/people who work for the show ,who came up with the Bushtucker trial idea and then no one even gets to see the trial cus Helen doesn't even give it a proper try. Like imagine you thought out that Hamster cage set with all the props and built it together and the thing doesn't even get used, what a waste!
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ant and Dec keep saying it is the public voting for her. I think it is the press who have speed dial on so they have something to write about. They can afford hundreds of pounds on phone charges. It is one of the reasons I gave up on Big Brother years ago, after seeing a journalist say she had her phone on speed dial.

This is happening every year so it is up to the producers to limit calls from a single phone as they do now on the NTA awards ( 6 votes per household phone) or limit how many times one contestant can do the trials in the first week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    It's only for a couple more days, then the campmates will be choosing who does the trials.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ncl*girl wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed I'm a Celebrity... but the acts of this pathetic little bimbo who 'always tries her best' before attempting any trial have prompted me to stop watching. Someone inform me on this thread when the voting public get a grip - I'm starting to think with this and Christopher Maloney there's some sort of campaign the vast majority aren't aware of

Incorrect. The morons who vote for her every night are the ones who have ruined the first week by choosing her every night.
    Don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.
  • BRGBRG Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The forums are littered with the same quote that "the GBP are idiots and are ruining the show" (and other shows where the GBP are allowed to vote). The GBP have the right to vote however they see fit for whatever reasons they feel like. Whatever the result, the only person with any blame for "ruining the show" is the one who doesn't bother to do the trial. Anything else is a shift of blame worthy of one particular camp mate. The largest group of people voting are voting for Helen. You might not like it but that means that Helen is selected for the trial. It's in her hands then, no one else's. She should grow a backbone and do one trial, then we can all vote for Nadine or someone else and very probably would.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Incorrect. The morons who vote for her every night are the ones who have ruined the first week by choosing her every night.
    Don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

Perhaps if Helen at least attempted a trial then the "morons" as you rudely call them would give her a rest. I shall be voting for her when the vote to evict gets underway and I hope that everyone does the same. She adds nothing to the camp and it would be great to see her go first.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Perhaps if Helen at least attempted a trial then the "morons" as you rudely call them would give her a rest. I shall be voting for her when the vote to evict gets underway and I hope that everyone does the same. She adds nothing to the camp and it would be great to see her go first.

Vote to evict? Have they changed the rules this year then?
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen isn't ruining anything. It's the dumb viewers for constantly voting for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »

She only ate one less food item than nadine in the dine with me challenge. I feel whoever is voting is going to keep voting regardless of how she performs.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRG wrote: »
    The forums are littered with the same quote that "the GBP are idiots and are ruining the show" (and other shows where the GBP are allowed to vote). The GBP have the right to vote however they see fit for whatever reasons they feel like. Whatever the result, the only person with any blame for "ruining the show" is the one who doesn't bother to do the trial. Anything else is a shift of blame worthy of one particular camp mate. The largest group of people voting are voting for Helen. You might not like it but that means that Helen is selected for the trial. It's in her hands then, no one else's. She should grow a backbone and do one trial, then we can all vote for Nadine or someone else and very probably would.

The public are voting for Helen in the full knowledge that she will refuse to do the trial. I wasn't going to watch this year's show because I've grown bored of the format (once you've seen one celebrity covered in cockroaches and eating a kangaroo anus, you've seen them all). However, Helen's antics have drawn me in and I'm enjoying the other celeb's reaction to her hopelessness much, much more than watching yet another celeb get covered in bugs.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martenla wrote: »
    She only ate one less food item than nadine in the dine with me challenge. I feel whoever is voting is going to keep voting regardless of how she performs.

I agree. She won stars in my view eating those bugs. It wasn't fair she got nothing for her achievements. She isn't a complete flop which is what people are making her out to be.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them are (or are going to) starve.:rolleyes:

Colin Baker is loving all the fails, he only went in to lose weight !
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she can't do any or refuse them, she should just leave! If i was in the same situation, I would just leave rather than let everyone starve.

I'm surprised she hasn't left already, to be pampered and waited on at the posh Hotel for two weeks !

Tweeting away with her booby prizes.