Programmes you remember - but no one else does!

Comments

• DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    Remember tthe Kelly Monteith show in the late 80s??

I watched it, was screened in the early 80s when I was at secondary school.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember that, what was his wife called? I remember she was tidy ;)
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna have imdb this now, am kinda chuffed others remember it, always thought he was good, how about the paul hogan show on channel 4? way before crocodile dundee??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabrielle Drake? think she was a bond girl...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Liquid Television count?

Weird MTV show that BBC2 aired with lots of random stuff including the Aeon Flux cartoon. Wish I could get hold of some of those episodes now.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the gal! cheers :D
  • tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Secret Army,,,watched the repeats on cable in the mid 90's but not many people seem to remember it,, great show and "allo allo" was a spoof of it.
  • mattandgazmattandgaz Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Clue Club USA cartoon. I only saw this once and it was ITV answer to scooby Doo.
    Ghosts of Motley Hall.
    Thriller.
    The Adventure Game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Two from the mid 70s that for the life of me i cannot remember the titles of. One was about a Knight in the middle east in the crusades. and the other was about two fighter pilots in South America, Chile i think it was. Nobody can remember the shows let alone the titles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polaski...Britains version of Moonlighting!!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A teen drama on Channel 4 in the 80's called S.W.A.L.K

I remember it. Prunella Scales appeared in it, as an agony-aunt, who popped up in each episode.

I'm sure that the mother of the main female character was played by Shirley Stelfox (Edna Birch from Emmerdale).

Another old C4 series: Behaving Badly, starring Judi Dench.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Nightingales- Sitcom starring Robert Lynsday...fantastic
    I was going to say this one too. "There's nobody here but us chickens!".
    Simon and Simon

Hardcastle and McCormac

Crazy Like A Fox....all from the Stephen J Cannell cop show factory.

Anyone remember these??

Don't remember Simon & Simon but the other two certainly - and that puts me in mind of The Feather and Father Gang. Oh dear. :D
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She is best remembered for wearing a purple wig in UFO...:)

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/gabrielle-drake
  • BoiledSpoonsBoiledSpoons Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    mattandgaz wrote: »
    Clue Club USA cartoon. I only saw this once and it was ITV answer to scooby Doo.
    Ghosts of Motley Hall.
    Thriller.
    The Adventure Game.

I remember figuring out how to count the drogna coins in the adventure game :D
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiltonland wrote: »
    Secret Army,,,watched the repeats on cable in the mid 90's but not many people seem to remember it,, great show and "allo allo" was a spoof of it.

It was repeated on Yesterday in the last couple of years.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beat The Teacher on bbc kids tv In the 80's.
    I loved it.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do.

It was awful.

A couple of good dramas the BBC did that should be shown again - Fame is the Spur (from the Howard Spring novel) and A Horseman Riding By (R.F.Delderfield) - ITV also did a Delderfield one, The Avenue, in the 70s.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Prospects'. I really used to enjoy this, but don't know anyone who remembers it now, including my husband, who not only introduced me to it when I first knew him, but used to rave about it like it was the best thing on the box ever at the time. I think it came a bit later than 'Auf Wiedersehen Pet', but stayed in the UK and featured the same themes of recession-hit Britain and high unemployment. If I'm remembering right, it had a really haunting, atmospheric theme tune and the two main characters drove an old hearse.
  • Locarno1Locarno1 Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    When I was small I remember very vividly either a Royal Variety Performance or, from research I have done, possibly a Childrens Royal Variety Performance show.

I have no clue when this was but I can remember bits about it which might help nail down when it actually was! The show started off with a time machine scene and a flying machine. There was a kid and a professor?! If my memory is right.. Then within the show, Mr Billy Pearce also took part in a kind of wild west scene where HE was Billy the Kid, then I'm pretty sure straight after that scene there was a ballet of Beatric Potter?? I also think Mr Blobby was in this.

I also think Princess Anne was there or the Queen. I would love to know if anyone, anyone at all remembers this. Even if it was/wasn't a (Children's) Royal Variety Performance?

We recorded it ages ago, and that's how I remember it as I used to watch it when I was probably about 5-6.. I am 20 now. But for the life of me won't remember where that VHS Video is now!

Would love to know if anyone remembers this at all??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The Partridge family
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely. Channel 4 sketch show....................."Stoneybridge !"
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I just remember dodgy cartoons from when I was a kid, Wattoo Wattoo Super Bird and Mr. Rossi. What the hell were they all about?:confused:

Mr. Rossi was an Italian cartoon dubbed into English.

Bizarrely, our house used to get S4C in Ireland and I remember
    seeing bits of both "Mr. Rossi" and "Superted" dubbed in
    Welsh.

Never saw WWSB, but apparently it was French:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310542/
  • squirts mumsquirts mum Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'sex, chips and rock and roll'
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Channel 4 sketch show....................."Stoneybridge !"

Memories of my student days in 1990-1, there-so you're not the only one to recall this.

With the Stoneybridge spoof ads, they were happy to laugh at themselves, as all Scots, I think!

It also included the authoritarian 1950s-style father ('Gyooo tooo yourrr rooommmss!') and the rather nice Morwenna Banks!
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember a show from maybe early 90s about a woman whose husband kidnapped their child and took him or her to Pakistan or India and she went to try and find the child. I think it was on ITV and just called "Missing"? I defintiely remember this show :p It was British not American.