Options

The 2013 PDC Darts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Gerwen v JELLE KLAASEN of 'I sent nude pics to a 15yr old girl' infamy you mean? :eek:
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Van Gerwen v JELLE KLAASEN of 'I sent nude pics to a 15yr old girl' infamy you mean? :eek:

yep.hes back playing today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well rather him up there on that stage in those shoes than me..
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to most darts forums the girl in question was MVG's girlfriend's sister.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    According to most darts forums the girl in question was MVG's girlfriend's sister.

If THAT is true... OH MY GOD :eek:
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see Ted back with a whitewash :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaasen loses 6-5 to Ritchie Howson in his comeback match.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Ted loses 6-5 to Vernon Sheppard.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,177
    Forum Member

I posted many pages ago Klaasen is one of the 8 European qualifiers for the Euro Tour event 1 at Minehead in a few weeks. That was his PDC return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Klaasen loses 6-5 to Ritchie Howson in his comeback match.

See my comment above. It's his first PDC event in the UK since his comeback, but he did the Euro qualifier before the World Cup of Darts some weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I haven't even heard of 3 of the last 8 today :p
  • Options
    tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Thornton hits a 9 darter in losing to Chizzy 6-4
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MVG beats Chizzy 6-2 in the final
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT:What he said above:p

Amazing how them 2 are once again in the thick of it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MVG beats Chizzy 6-2 in the final

MVG is definitely a level above everyone at present. Pity Taylor psyched him out for the world title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    MVG is definitely a level above everyone at present. Pity Taylor psyched him out for the world title.

Totally disagree. MVG isnt as good as Taylor at the moment. I think his first two weeks performances in the PL showed that.

He is very good but firmly number 2 in the world for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has this ever been confirmed by anyone of standing though? I mean, if you read it in a Stuart Pyke blog or something then you'd accept in unequivocally. But just random posters on forums....well, you have to retain a degree of scepticism really...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this ever been confirmed by anyone of standing though? I mean, if you read it in a Stuart Pyke blog or something then you'd accept in unequivocally. But just random posters on forums....well, you have to retain a degree of scepticism really...

quite agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will find out for sure when Jelle & Mike meet on the oche...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't half get some absurdly strong pairings in the last 256 eh.....King v Huybrechts, Whitlock v Winstanley.....yet relative unknowns against each other too. I'm sure there's method to the seeding, but it baffles me....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You don't half get some absurdly strong pairings in the last 256 eh.....King v Huybrechts, Whitlock v Winstanley.....yet relative unknowns against each other too. I'm sure there's method to the seeding, but it baffles me....

Only the top 32 are seeded but it is the floor competitions order of merit so Taylor isn't No 1 as he only plays the minimum to qualify for the UK Open and Players Championship. Therefore some minor players are seeded and some big names are not. The big players don't need to chase the cash at these minor events as make more than enough from the TV events.

If the PDC want the top players to play these they should televise more. They should definitely be televising the first Euro Tour in Minehead. The Players there had a great crowd and I am sure ITV4 did well with its viewership.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers, I knew it was something of that nature but it just looks odd!
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Major shock at Crawley today, Jackpot actually wins a match, defeating Stuart White 6-1!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Klaasen beats Andy Hamilton in Round 1 and now plays Van Barneveld.

Interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Only the top 32 are seeded but it is the floor competitions order of merit so Taylor isn't No 1 as he only plays the minimum to qualify for the UK Open and Players Championship. Therefore some minor players are seeded and some big names are not. The big players don't need to chase the cash at these minor events as make more than enough from the TV events.

There was no seeding for this event. It was a completely open draw.
This discussion has been closed.