The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooo I like Netherlands, its different to the other ballads.

But as people say I think it will be borderline qualifying and I think those last few qualifying places in that semi are going to be tight
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netherlands is alright, think it's most likely boarderline qualifier, like said before it well depend on how the juries rank, for me it's one of the better ballads in the semi
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I really like it and she deserves to qualify for sure. This feels like Netherlands last role of the dice.
    As others have said, Birds will need full jury support.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it and she deserves to qualify for sure. This feels like Netherlands last role of the dice.
    As others have said, Birds will need full jury support.

The new system should help, a well sung ballad should get reasonable scores even if its not top 10
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    The new system should help, a well sung ballad should get reasonable scores even if its not top 10

In the final perhaps. In the semis I don't think it will help. I see it being in juries top 5 and in televoters bottom 5 as it isn't instant enough. It also has the problem of being in the first half and in most case scenarios only 40% qualify from the first half regardless of quality between halves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the final perhaps. In the semis I don't think it will help. I see it being in juries top 5 and in televoters bottom 5 as it isn't instant enough. It also has the problem of being in the first half and in most case scenarios only 40% qualify from the first half regardless of quality between halves.

I think its hard to second guess the voting on borderline qualifiers though. This certainly ain't a year where people will be able to easily pick the qualifiers, I think some money will be there to be made when qualifier odds are realised.

But you are right it will help in the final more, but this system does give it more of a chance then the old one
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    As it stands, I'd rather Mižerja qualified over Birds.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    I definitely think the juries will go for this -- if they make the stage show dramatic enough -- or she has real stage presence it could scrape through with the televoters...certainly think it's one of the more interesting ballads...but I'll put it in my neutral pack of songs for now...
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh crap missed the song :( is it on youtube yet?

Got it now :)
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv2SXOOWWk

Posted earlier by CelticMyth ;)
    Forum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv2SXOOWWk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Listening to it again, I hate it even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like it, if they stage it right she should sail through.
    Forum Member
    I'm liking this more and more...Cyprus see you later...this could well be in my top 5...
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like it, if they stage it right she should sail through.

Just her and backing singers nothing else.
    Forum Member
    Just her and backing singers nothing else.

I was hoping for a big black feathery bird dangling in the background -- :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Birds don't fly in Holland, guess they must be all too high off the fumes :p
    Forum Member
    I'm really really loving this now...come on the Netherlands! ;)
    Forum Member
    I genuinely cannot understand the overly positive reaction to this song. The lyrics are just awful! But I'll leave you all to it. :p Netherlands is near the bottom of my ranking.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Birds sounds like something from a film. No idea how it will do in Malmo. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.....I'm torn between pretty or pretentious
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Birds sounds like something from a film. No idea how it will do in Malmo. I'm not sure what I think of it yet.....I'm torn between pretty or pretentious

Maybe they can have a big black feathery bird sweep down and peck the eyes out of the backing singer...:eek:;)

Pretty and pretentious -- a perfect combo for juries...:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else really liking Serbia? with some changes I think it will be brilliant. Not sure how it will do though
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Maybe they can have a big black feathery bird sweep down and peck the eyes out of the backing singer...:eek:;)

Pretty and pretentious -- a perfect combo for juries...:)

I'll only start to worry when I hear an A.Hitchcock has been put in charge of staging
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04l_bmp3y4Q&feature=youtu.be

Live version she recorded this morning. Note perfect. Effortless. I'm getting a Kaas-esque feeling.
This discussion has been closed.