Bt Sport On Bt Vision + Box

I am totally confused by how I will receive BT Sport channels.

I am a BT broadband customer
I have a black BT Vision + box
I subscribe to BT Vision ' essentials'
I previously had a viewing card for ESPN
I do not have infinity, but do have a good broadband speed
I do not have ' You view'

I have the channels via freeview but they are disabled.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Hi,

You can call BT on 0800 756 7566 and pay a one off £10 for a TV viewing card which they will send you and is inserted into the front of your BT Vision+ box. Alternatively or in addition, you can register as an existing BT Broadband customer on the www.btsport.com website and then download an app which allows you watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN free using your PC, tablet or smartphone - you may download it and watch the channels on an unlimited number of different devices.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan
  • Fozzie55Fozzie55 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Spot on from Jonathan that advice. I am in exactly the same position as you Homer but I already had a viewing card for Sky Sports so it would just work, but it doesn't. I just get a blank screen saying viewing card not activated. Had emails, texts saying activated, watch in 15 minutes etc but nothing. Going to miss Steven Gerrard Testimonial :mad:
  • Homer HotspurHomer Hotspur Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Thanks, both.

One extra fact - I don't know whether this also applied to you Fozzie- I received a letter a few weeks ago telling me that I was being given BT Sport for free 'automatically'.

IT then said ' just tune in to your tv guide from 16 August 2013 and make sure you keep your current viewing card. In the small print it then added' If you need a new viewing card a one -off charge of £10 will apply'

So , I don't know the relevance of 16 August as opposed to 1 August or whether or not I need to get a new card?:confused:
    Forum Member
    But Fozzie55, assuming you are already a BT Broadband subscriber, why don't you get the app and watch the channels on your computer until your viewing card arrives? I registered and was using the app within 10 minutes!

Incidentally, you NEED to buy a new BT Sport viewing card. Cards issued by Sky or the old ESPN will not work.
  • MikembeMikembe Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    You can call BT on 0800 756 7566 and pay a one off £10 for a TV viewing card which they will send you and is inserted into the front of your BT Vision+ box.

So can you put the viewing card in the card slot on a TV?? :confused:

Mikembe
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikembe wrote: »

Mikembe

No you can't, it has to go in the BT Vision box unfortunately.

Just for information, I had a working ESPN card but BT sent me a new card and it was free. I didn't sign up for sports but just had the letter with the card to say they were giving it to me free of charge as a long standing BT customer.

I am out of contract and was just waiting to see what happened in August before committing to a new contract. I have not had to sign up again and have not been asked to take out a new contract so presumably have a year to run with BTS so will review my position after that.
    Forum Member
    Mikembe wrote: »

Mikembe

Mikembe, To do this, BT would have to start selling a Conditional Access Module together with the card, similar to the one that used to be issued by TopUpTV for Sky Sports and the old ESPN.

If only BT would start selling a CAM! It's got to be their easiest next step to getting more TV viewers for BT Sport, surely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great information on this thread, thanks. Wonder if anyone can answer me this; would the purchasing of the BT sport card for £10 still work in a BT Vision box even though I'm no longer a BT TV customer? I still have broadband with them (not infinity) and got the app for watching on laptop, but I think it would be worth £10 to be able to watch on TV. Having cancelled BT TV I can still watch the freeview channels through the old black vision box, so it seems logical that it might be possible after reading this thread. Thanks again
  • Fozzie55Fozzie55 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    But Fozzie55, assuming you are already a BT Broadband subscriber, why don't you get the app and watch the channels on your computer until your viewing card arrives? I registered and was using the app within 10 minutes!

Incidentally, you NEED to buy a new BT Sport viewing card. Cards issued by Sky or the old ESPN will not work.

Hi interactive1, my broadband is too slow to stream properly, buffering etc is annoying.

Anyway an update, my BT Sport is now working on my BT Vision+ box using the existing Sky card. I have my suspicions that they have turned of encryption temporarily as they have had so many problems with viewing cards. (not sure if that is possible though)