The Official X Factor USA 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    First show was great. When is it on again on itv2?
    Today at 1:10pm :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    Today at 1:10pm :)

Isn`t that a repeat?
    Forum Member
    Isn`t that a repeat?
    Nope I dont think so apparently its episode 2 but I might be wrong idk

Edit: Sorry I think it is a repeat because its an hour long because episode 2 is 2 hours
    Forum Member
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    Nope I dont think so apparently its episode 2 but I might be wrong idk

Edit: Sorry I think it is a repeat because its an hour long because episode 2 is 2 hours

Oh right thanks anyway. So does anyone know when it`s on again? Is it Thursday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just going to say it ---- even if people start with the 'why are you obsessed with cheryl' bs
    I think Paulina so far hasn't been very good. She seems nice, have nothing against her, whatever. But are people being serious when they say that Americans couldn't understand Cheryl? B/c Paulina is several times more incomprehensible.

I think Kelly. Demi. Cheryl. Simon in that order would have had real chemistry. Oh well. The only think good about Paulina would be if she could at least bring in some Latin viewers, but that doesn't seem to be happening as the show is flirting with cancellation numbers unfortunately.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating Paulina being replaced or anything. Just talking hypothetically since for whatever reason there was a buzz about Cheryl for several months earlier this year.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    ablahh wrote: »
    I'm just going to say it ---- even if people start with the 'why are you obsessed with cheryl' bs
    I think Paulina so far hasn't been very good. She seems nice, have nothing against her, whatever. But are people being serious when they say that Americans couldn't understand Cheryl? B/c Paulina is several times more incomprehensible.

I think Kelly. Demi. Cheryl. Simon in that order would have had real chemistry. Oh well. The only think good about Paulina would be if she could at least bring in some Latin viewers, but that doesn't seem to be happening as the show is flirting with cancellation numbers unfortunately.

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating Paulina being replaced or anything. Just talking hypothetically since for whatever reason there was a buzz about Cheryl for several months earlier this year.

Paulina was supposed to be the X Factor's answer to The Voice's Shakira. I guess it hasn't worked out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if things start to look dire and Simon gets desperate, how that will impact the show midway through this (final?) season. :)

#karmaforcheryl haha, never gonna let it go.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    I think this post by Jork on idol forums sums up why this show isn't catching on with America
    As for XF itself, I think the problem is that Simon's targeting the very fickle 10-18 year old tween group that tends to buy the boyband/ girl pop music that constantly clusters up the top of the radio and itunes charts. That's the primary problem, and pretty obvious on XF's part at the very outset. It's the right idea in terms of attempting to aim high in getting the biggest radio presence/Itunes charters, but it's also an idea that goes completely opposite of the frau who tend to watch the most network television. 10-18 year old teens who like pop music tend to watch the CW or Disney or Nick, and they probably get turned off watching older contestants. Conversely, frau hate the show's shenanigans in sabotaging frau-friendly music types like Josh Krajcik, Tate Stevens and Melanie Amaro and also can't stomach all the tween-catering music. So at the end it has the worst of both worlds colliding with each other leading to ratings disaster. It's always been a faustian bargain to try to really cater to teens at the pretense of having overs, and while I think Simon's realized the problem this year, it's too late, and the label has already stuck.

If we were to say a positive about this, is that this show, through its devout worshipping of catering to tweens, has amassed a sizable social media presence, as contestants get twitter followers quickly, youtube views get racked up fast and go viral if good, and the girls who follow the show tend to frequently trend tweenbait groups/contestants. They do this way better than Idol and the Voice, who post-show appear to have amassed more frau followers reflective of the Demo/total viewers ratio those shows possess. So there's some marketability aspect but those contestants often are chastised by the frau during the show, so again, it's sacrificing ratings for the sake of churning these types out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 3 in full, easily my favourite of any XFUSA season. A lot of really promising singers for the lives and the right amount of funny auditions. Judges chemistry is perfect for me. I really wish more people in the US would try to watch this season, it's so much better the the ratings suggest.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Just watched episode 3 in full, easily my favourite of any XFUSA season. A lot of really promising singers for the lives and the right amount of funny auditions. Judges chemistry is perfect for me. I really wish more people in the US would try to watch this season, it's so much better the the ratings suggest.

I'm loving this season, I reckon its the best yet, some amazing talent, cannot wait to live shows
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when the second lot of auditions are on itv2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know when the second lot of auditions are on itv2?

There on Thursday and Friday at 8pm and repeated the next day at 12.05 in the afternoon
    Forum Member
    clare32 wrote: »
    There on Friday, not sure what time though, think its 8pm.

Well I looked and there is one on Thursday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I looked and there is one on Thursday?

Yeah there are 2 episodes on this week, Thursday and Friday at 8pm
    Forum Member
    Yeah there are 2 episodes on this week, Thursday and Friday at 8pm

Ok thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Josh has made it to live shows
    Carlos has made it to live shows but as part of a Group
    Watched through now. I another strong episode I thought :) I really liked Jeff, and Danie's voice (Didn't like her song, with better songs I think she'll be great though.) Simon was right when he said Jeff probably should've made the lives last year.

I liked Carlos, I'd kinda worry if he made the lives though... But yeah, we'll see what happens there I guess.

Wasn't massively keen on Josh, AKNU, Brandie or Colton, they were all good though. Especially Josh. Not my thing at all, but he was talented.

Imo the US version continues to be better than the UK version in every way... I kind of wish there was more forum discussion of it to be honest.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I've read the spoilers too, but it's fun to play along :D
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    no.... Carlos has made it to the liveshows in the boys category, it was Colton who was put in a country group if Im not wrong, Carlos is the one with Tourette, he wouldnt appeal to anyone in a group. Danie's made it as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no.... Carlos has made it to the liveshows in the boys category, it was Colton who was put in a country group if Im not wrong, Carlos is the one with Tourette, he wouldnt appeal to anyone in a group. Danie's made it as well

ok thanks for that
  • istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    THE X FACTOR (USA) ‏@TheXFactorUSA 4h
    Yes. You heard correctly. Simon WILL be rapping on #XFactorTonight http://instagram.com/p/esSvfTxHb6/
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed last nights show. Best of the show so far.
    Forum Member
    Did they show the baby got back audition?
    Forum Member
    Where does everyone watch it online as I am not liking being so behind on itv2? :)