iphone 5 - anyone still got one?

2»

Comments

• enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    It doesn't make you spoiled, just incredibly vain, and a little bit desperate actually.

Anyway, I have my iPhone 5, and there is no way in hell I'd bother updating for an iPhone 5S.

Plus, if you're bothered about people looking at them, the 5 and 5S look identical apart from a slight difference in the grey.

Yeah I can't see a real reason anyone with a 5 needs upgrade unless they on O2 or Vodafone so they get LTE support.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't make you spoiled, just incredibly vain, and a little bit desperate actually.

Anyway, I have my iPhone 5, and there is no way in hell I'd bother updating for an iPhone 5S.

Plus, if you're bothered about people looking at them, the 5 and 5S look identical apart from a slight difference in the grey.

Thank you for that :) not going into details but I've only started being like this due to endless bullying in College with not having the most up to date clothes, devices etc. I am just scared of people's perceptions of me and being hated for being cheap.

I love my Sony Xperia™ Z but obviously now will be getting rid of it on my birthday. Although don't think anyone will have that phone anyway!!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    Thank you for that :) not going into details but I've only started being like this due to endless bullying in College with not having the most up to date clothes, devices etc. I am just scared of people's perceptions of me and being hated for being cheap.

I love my Sony Xperia™ Z but obviously now will be getting rid of it on my birthday. Although don't think anyone will have that phone anyway!!

Well people are hardly going to call you cheap for having an iPhone 5.
    Just don't go announcing to all and sundry that your nan got it for you.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sirocco758 wrote: »

You know what, fck 'em, who cares what other people think, your in college to better yourself and set yourself up for the future, your not there to be popular or make tons of friends, their just a bonus.

Friends are overrated anyway, I can count on one hand the amount of people who I'd actually call a friend and can trust, and I'm 29.

Put yourself first mate, don't let other fools bring you down.
  • lem ramsaylem ramsay Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. So don't worry and be grateful your nan is this generous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have my iPhone 5 and while I would love to have the 5S I'm tied down to a contract for another 2 years so by the time it's ended another 2 iPhones will be out.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only upgraded from my 4S to a 5 a few weeks ago, I knew what the 5S was going to be like but I also knew that i don't want a higher phone contract or pay £549 for a phone so I opted with the 5, and now it's got ios7 I'm more than happy.

Obviously there's one or two niggles with ios7 but there very minor and Apple will be on it
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to my iPhone 6 next year complete with iTeleport and iHoverboard :D
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    Looking forward to my iPhone 6 next year complete with iTeleport and iHoverboard :D

Hopefully a high quality 4.5 - 5 inch display to accompany it is as well. Then I may seriously consider getting one as that is the major let down for me.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems I got it wrong I'm actually getting the iPhone 5S Nan thought the "S" was an error lol :) and that's why I've got to wait for 4 weeks for it to be delivered. So happy like!! Should be here before my birthday on 19 October