Options

Patrick Kielty covers Breakfast

abertomabertom Posts: 1,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Week beginning 21st Patrick Kielty and Michael Ball are in for Chris and Ken respectively

Comments

• Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,879
    Forum Member
    Oh Lord no, not Kielty at breakfast please.

Michael Ball back mid mornings though is pleasing.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You having a laugh. Kielty will put everyone to sleep he's boring. Glad Simon Bates is on Smooth Radio. Michael Ball is great.
  • Options
    AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it just gets worse I agree its over to Simon
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have rather had Chris Tarrant on Breakfast
  • Options
    cromerladcromerlad Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not fussed about Kielty, but I thought Michael Ball was excellent when he covered for Ken a few months ago... Look forward to this!
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said they wanted an Irishman back on breakfast,Not the Irish man we would prefer
  • Options
    curlybaggiecurlybaggie Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    What on earth do Radio 2 see in Kielty? He's useless on the radio.
  • Options
    Von TrappVon Trapp Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Someone said they wanted an Irishman back on breakfast,Not the Irish man I would prefer

Edited for accuracy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whoever decided that Patrick Kielty should be covering for Chris needs taking into a field and given 20 lashings

He is worse at Breakfast than in the afternoons covering for Steve.

Switched over to Smooth this week. At least Simon Bates is a professional radio broadcaster.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abertom wrote: »
    Week beginning 21st Patrick Kielty and Michael Ball are in for Chris and Ken respectively
    I have never listened to Kielty after his statements when Margaret Thatcher died, virtually the same as what the IRA were saying.
  • Options
    Peace100Peace100 Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful Breakfast Show today, dreadful....
  • Options
    Steve_WattSteve_Watt Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Peace100 wrote: »

Zoe Ball or Richard Allison should be the regular cover (though obviously Zoe has Strictly commitments @ present.

Christain O Connells off as well this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony Blackburn would be fun. its only a week give it a try
  • Options
    RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Whoever decided that Patrick Kielty should be covering for Chris needs taking into a field and given 20 lashings

Switched over to Smooth this week. At least Simon Bates is a professional radio broadcaster.

I just can not understand why they use him he has no personality at all, They have two of the most professional broadcasters in UK radio in Alex Lester & Richard Allinson who should cover breakfast so why not use them to cover it baffles me it really does ???
  • Options
    thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    RadioJohn wrote: »
    I just can not understand why they use him he has no personality at all, They have two of the most professional broadcasters in UK radio in Alex Lester & Richard Allinson who should cover breakfast so why not use them to cover it baffles me it really does ???

CELEBRITY! CELEBRITY! CELEBRITY! its about celebrity culture and R2 is following the trend. albiet very poorly by employing Patrick Kielty. I agree, Alex Lester should be given a shot to present Breakfast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »
    CELEBRITY! CELEBRITY! CELEBRITY! its about celebrity culture and R2 is following the trend. albiet very poorly by employing Patrick Kielty. I agree, Alex Lester should be given a shot to present Breakfast.

hes not even A list I don't know who picks him
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peace100 wrote: »
    despite saying ive enjoyed him in the afternoons, I did not enjoy him this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    despite saying ive enjoyed him in the afternoons, I did not enjoy him this morning.

I just checked he schedules for next week. He's back Monday too:eek:
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just checked he schedules for next week. He's back Monday too:eek:
    maybe he will get better, or at least better than Chris. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem with Bobby he likes to try out so many on Breakfast and Afternoons and there is only a few that really pull it off. I have said this before ' he was much better when he covered Alan Carr with someone else'

We all know Richard and Zoe pull it off on Breakfast and Tarrant on Afternoons. Radio 2 shouldn't need them to bail them out. Unfortunately The Boss and Co should listen to us and send PK to commercial Radio
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True commercial radio have a lot of the good ones. Should send the celebrities to Richard Parks empire and send over the professionals.
  • Options
    up to the vocalup to the vocal Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Problem with Bobby he likes to try out so many on Breakfast and Afternoons and there is only a few that really pull it off. I have said this before ' he was much better when he covered Alan Carr with someone else'

We all know Richard and Zoe pull it off on Breakfast and Tarrant on Afternoons. Radio 2 shouldn't need them to bail them out. Unfortunately The Boss and Co should listen to us and send PK to commercial Radio

Farm PK out to Smooth,Won't be able to say anything then:D
  • Options
    benjammin316benjammin316 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Listening to him now, he is truly terrible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member

Have you lot not worked out how Evans and his like operate?

You always get the most annoying tosser possible to cover for you - the last thing you want is someone who knows what they're doing and makes you look bad...
  • Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,377
    Forum Member
    AL89 wrote: »
    tony Blackburn would be fun. its only a week give it a try

Certainly would really don't understand why when Radio 2 employs professionals like Tony and then don't use them where they have a proven track record.