Options

Is anyone else just glad it's almost over?

Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just haven't really got excited this year and wonder if I've just watched out of habit and nothing much else on.

I'm actually pleased it's all over after tonight and I can get back to catching up with the stuff on my Sky+ planner and almost forget it ever happened.

Does anyone else feel the same or are people going to miss the show after tonight?

Comments

• Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :confused: I seriously don't understand why people continue to watch when they feel this way. Why didn't you just stop watching it before? There was nothing forcing you to watch...
  • Options
    Dean_AdamsDean_Adams Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As annoying as it is to admit, i will miss it.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always feel a bit flat after it's finished - all over for another year :(
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    It's been pretty boring this year, didn't like any of the finalists tbh.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year has been the worst series by far so yes I'll be glad when it is over
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    :confused: I seriously don't understand why people continue to watch when they feel this way. Why didn't you just stop watching it before? There was nothing forcing you to watch...

bad habits are not easy to break. :D
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I think having seen some of this series, it has really whet my appetite for the Voice even more, which is launching on January 11th on BBC1. TXF has lacked contestants with vocal ability this series where as the Voice normally more than delivers on that front.
  • Options
    Dean_AdamsDean_Adams Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    I think having seen some of this series, it has really whet my appetite for the Voice even more, which is launching on January 11th on BBC1. TXF has lacked contestants with vocal ability this series where as the Voice normally more than delivers on that front.

Yeah except the winners are shit.

Still cant get over how leah mcfall didnt win, pathetic.
  • Options
    dandydandy Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    I have never been so bored with the X Factor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    bad habits are not easy to break. :D

I think that's the problem. Each year I watch hoping for something special and almost every year I end up disappointed.
    This year, I just think it's been limping to a dismal conclusion since about week 3 or 4.

It's timing as well. If it was on in the summer months, I wouldn't dream of watching.
  • Options
    ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sad it's over :( I think this series was really good
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Dean_Adams wrote: »

She didnt win because Andrea sang well on the night of the final. But Leah is a star nonetheless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member

Delivers on that front, but sadly not much else (this year's The Voice only confirmed that! How did Leah not win? How did Liam not even make it to the live shows :(:( - still not over it).

It could take some tips from The X Factor tbh with regards to the set-up of the live shows, and helping the winner even a tiny amount (love how it just ended with no mention of what the winner's single may be, what the prize actually was...). Plus the judging panel is a little weaker this year (a Kaiser Chief? Really?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didnt win because Andrea sang well on the night of the final. But Leah is a star nonetheless

I think the Leah and Will duet was the best thing I've ever seen on a tv talent show and blew everything else on the night out of the water.
    However, I do think it would have left some of the more traditional viewers scratching their heads wondering what on earth they'd just witnessed.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would've thought its a bit odd to put yourself through 2-3hours of something you dislike so much you want to forget it even happened every weekend. If it makes you actively miserable and yet you can't stop watching it then that's a bit worrying. Why not fill those hours with something you enjoy. Literally anything. Its the weekend for goodness sake.

I don't care that's its over. Its tacky rubbish but entertaining enough when I'm not out that I'll usually watch at least some of the Saturday show and the end of the results. But its not appointment TV and it has gone downhill.

The catchphrase from Why Don't You springs to mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think the Leah and Will duet was the best thing I've ever seen on a tv talent show and blew everything else on the night out of the water.
    However, I do think it would have left some of the more traditional viewers scratching their heads wondering what on earth they'd just witnessed.

Actual fact!

People went for the safer option, rather than someone who had genuine star quality (I apparently still have a lot of feelings on this. Don't get me started on Liam) :blush:
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a long slog admittedly

Have to see it through to the end whoever wins though

Won't miss this series very much as it has been largely forgettable, so will be glad when the end credits roll
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would've thought its a bit odd to put yourself through 2-3hours of something you dislike so much you want to forget it even happened every weekend. If it makes you actively miserable and yet you can't stop watching it then that's a bit worrying. Why not fill those hours with something you enjoy. Literally anything. Its the weekend for goodness sake.

I don't care that's its over. Its tacky rubbish but entertaining enough when I'm not out that I'll usually watch at least some of the Saturday show and the end of the results. But its not appointment TV and it has gone downhill.

The catchphrase from Why Don't You springs to mind.

Where has anyone said it actually makes them miserable? :confused:

It doesn't take up anywhere near 2-3 hours if you watch on Sky+. By the time I FF'd through the dross of last nights show, I managed to fit what I did watch into 30 minutes tops. The results show can be condensed into about 20 minutes most weeks as well
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's already ended for me last night as the only act I liked went out. I'm not certain I'll watch tonight, mainly because the thought of watching gary bloody barlow performing makes me want to hurt things. I probably will though...

Mainly looking forward to CBB starting now :)
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just haven't really got excited this year and wonder if I've just watched out of habit and nothing much else on.

I'm actually pleased it's all over after tonight and I can get back to catching up with the stuff on my Sky+ planner and almost forget it ever happened.

Does anyone else feel the same or are people going to miss the show after tonight?
    Did someone handcuff you to the screen then? Habit or not, it was your choice to watch and be bored.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where has anyone said it actually makes them miserable? :confused:

Well you were the OP and this is what you said
    While you didn't go as far as saying it made you miserable, the subtext seems to be that you didn't enjoy it. So you showed admirable fortitude in sticking with it.:D
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's the problem. Each year I watch hoping for something special and almost every year I end up disappointed.
    This year, I just think it's been limping to a dismal conclusion since about week 3 or 4.

It's timing as well. If it was on in the summer months, I wouldn't dream of watching.

I haven't watched for the last couple of weeks since Hannah went out, though I've seen the odd song. Out of the three left I thought Luke was the most interesting. Couldn't be less interested in who wins tonight, so won't watch (Maybe i'll record it to see the gueat acts later)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you were the OP and this is what you said
    While you didn't go as far as saying it made you miserable, you have shown admirable fortitude in sticking with a show you didn't enjoy.

Yes I am the OP and I haven't said or even insinuated that watching the show makes me miserable . But if other FMs want to read something into my posts that isn't there, then they are happy to do so but it doesn't make what they think true
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean_Adams wrote: »

Leah was robbed!! :(
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    It's been pretty boring this year, .

Och, little nicks got it in the bag ! :p