How many times has Sam been in the skateoff

TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
Forum Member
He seems to be in it all the time. I always thought it was 3 tries then you are out.

Comments

• Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was his 4th this series. I think Zaraah got through 4 skate offs in series 3.

If he's up against Beth next week in skate off I can see him getting through again.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    It's the job of the panel to save the best skater. And each time Sam has been in the skate off he has been the best.

It's a shame he isn't getting the public votes but after Ray he is the most talented left.
  • sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could three times and you're out work?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    The instructions to the panel is for them to say who they are putting through and why. Not one of the judges gave a reason for picking Sam over Kyran. I personally thought Kyran performed his routine much better. I agree Sam can skate pretty well but I don't think he is very watchable for some reason. Both Kyran and Ray have that certain something which makes you want to watch. (I am not talking about appearance! More a prescence on the ice). I thought Sam's routine looked a bit frantic and rushed in places too.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Meanaunty wrote: »
    The instructions to the panel is for them to say who they are putting through and why. Not one of the judges gave a reason for picking Sam over Kyran. I personally thought Kyran performed his routine much better. I agree Sam can skate pretty well but I don't think he is very watchable for some reason. Both Kyran and Ray have that certain something which makes you want to watch. (I am not talking about appearance! More a prescence on the ice). I thought Sam's routine looked a bit frantic and rushed in places too.

Agree. Kyran looked slicker to me and had bigger tricks. He was right that that that was his best perfomance of a series winning routine - with added difficulty over his original. Sam was a bit shaky and Riverdance has fewer big moves and has been perfomed better. The judges tho can do what they like when you have two high quality skaters there. They can say they like the skating, the performance, the difficulty, the synchronisation, or the detail we don't see, more. They can then vote for who they want in, for the routine. or for their mate, or to get someone else out , or for anyone they fancy, for any reason.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I would have marked him down for repeating a routine he's already done in a skate off.
    He got to the final so had lots of routines to choose from - no need to repeat one after only 3 skate offs when he has at least 8 to pick from.

Kyran managed a different one each week - why couldn't Sam?
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    I would have marked him down for repeating a routine he's already done in a skate off.
    He got to the final so had lots of routines to choose from - no need to repeat one after only 3 skate offs when he has at least 8 to pick from.

Kyran managed a different one each week - why couldn't Sam?

No, Kyran done the chasing cars routine earlier in the series too.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should he be punished for repeating a skate off, has someone got the rule list then? :confused:

It's a bit much to ask them to do new ones constantly, it's actually hugely unfair and prevents serial skate off attendees of doing well with their main routine as they have to learn (or re-learn) two if they've already used one.

I like that they seem to be able to do what they want with it. I assume Sam will have Riverdance ready again next week, because frankly if you were him, what would you want to wheel out against Jai Ho? It would be massively unfair if he simply couldn't use his trump card while Hayley still has hers.

It's funny though that Ray could literally do his worst ever routine and it would still be enough to win.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    It's the job of the panel to save the best skater. And each time Sam has been in the skate off he has been the best.

It's a shame he isn't getting the public votes but after Ray he is the most talented left.

its because he does that darn Riverdance every time he is in the skate off - its a crowd and judge pleaser
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    its because he does that darn Riverdance every time he is in the skate off - its a crowd and judge pleaser

He's only done it twice hasn't it? The other two were the Newton Faulkner song and something else I think?

In any case because he's in it so often he's doing well at it now, which could catch Hayley out if she's there and does a Suzanne.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    He's only done it twice hasn't it? The other two were the Newton Faulkner song and something else I think?

In any case because he's in it so often he's doing well at it now, which could catch Hayley out if she's there and does a Suzanne.

has he? feels like I have seen him standing in his green suit every results show :D:p I do think there should be a rule - different routine every time you end up in the skate off
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason he is in the skate off, is the fact the public have not taken to him or his partner( IMO), as yes he can skate but for some reason i dont find them "likable" hence i would not pick up the phone for them and i guess other people may think the same, i maybe wrong though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it's more to do with Ray quite rightly nabbing all the males votes, as Kyran has suffered too being in 3 skate offs himself.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the 'male vote' and 'female vote' is an interesting point. If the final is Ray, Beth and Hayley, Ray will get the 'male vote' while the 'girls vote' will be split, giving Ray an advantage.

If the final is Ray, Sam and a female, Ray will probably get most of the male vote - but would Hayley voters go for Beth and vice versa, or transfer to one of the boys? Or just not vote?

Either way, I still think Ray will come out on top.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the girls' vote is or will split, they are both very different and have their own voters, it's just that with Ray he's so superior to the other guys there's almost no point voting for them other than to get them to a certain point. The same is true of the girls but they both have their own styles, as well as being female, whereas Sam and Kyran, while good, are just inferior Rays in some ways.

Whatever the final outcome I suspect Ray will nab it, unless Beth is heading the vote! I don't think for one second Hayley will win unless there are some miracle performances in there - though the Charleston routine and a decent showcase that really highlights her strengths would be formidable. That's if she gets through next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be voting in the final I don't think - I prefer Hayley and Beth to watch than Ray, but obviously Ray should win! So almost feel like I can't vote. Next week I definitely will though.

Actually scrap that, I'd at least want one of the girls to do Bolero, so maybe I will.
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    has he? feels like I have seen him standing in his green suit every results show :D:p I do think there should be a rule - different routine every time you end up in the skate off

that was defintely only 2nd time he has done it, he did the newton fawkner routine 2 weeks in a row.