Is it true that all of life's problems can be solved with WD40 and Duct Tape?

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
" If it moves and it shouldn’t, you need duct tape. And if it doesn’t move and it should, you need WD40.”

I was speaking to my mate MacGyver and he said that i should carry some duct tape and WD40 around with me at all times, just in case.

Unwanted hair - Save your waxing money and apply some duct tape to your fuzz. A quick, and very painful, flick of the wrist, and voila, smooth and red skin (if there's any skin left).

Flies bothering your cows - A quick spray of WD40 keeps flies at bay.

Forgot your bra - Underpin your boobs with swathes of duct tape. Be creative, lift and separate. Some women may need the jumbo roll for this.

Friction slowing you down - Coat the aluminium slide in the childrens playground with WD40 and watch the kids reach terminal velocity when descending. A well placed puddle at the end of the slide helps in braking.

Can you give me a few examples of things that could be fixed with WD40 and Duct Tape and maybe an example of something they can't fix.

Comments

• RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat's got fleas?

Duct tape it completely and rip the fur off - then spray naked creature with WD40 and they'll just slide off.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broken CD? Just duct tape it.

That doesn't work though.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If your kid can't stop crying, duct tape. If your wife isn't in the mood, WD40.

Has the frying pan's handle fallen off? Duct tape. Need to make an omelette but there's no cooking oil? WD40 to the rescue.
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,041
    Forum Member
    There are two more things you need, for more technological equipment. one is a lump hammer - just the threat of a good thump gets many things working again. Second is the ability to turn something off, and then turn it back on again.

But those are for the rare occasions where duct tape or WD40 don't apply
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is making me laugh in a ridiculous way:D

Duct tape is the answer.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    There are two more things you need, for more technological equipment. one is a lump hammer - just the threat of a good thump gets many things working again. Second is the ability to turn something off, and then turn it back on again.

But those are for the rare occasions where duct tape or WD40 don't apply

Ahhh, percussive maintenance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is making me laugh in a ridiculous way:D

Duct tape is the answer.

Duct tape underpants are great whilst adorned but removal is troublesome to say the least. I probably should have sprayed the inside with WD40 to aid extirpation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Dust tape underpants are great whilst adorned but removal is troublesome to say the least. I probably should have sprayed the inside with WD40 to aid extirpation.

It's the same for the duct tape hair band, looks great for a bit, bugger to get off.

Mind, sprayed beforehand with WD40 it just slides off like a normal hairband. And you'd need a couple of grips.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you need a cup of tea, as well.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you need a cup of tea, as well.

Mould duct tape into a teacup shape, attach a little duct tape handle, spay inside duct tape teacup with WD40 and for those who like the bag inside, fashion a duct tape tea bag.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duct tape is like the force theres a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Mould duct tape into a teacup shape, attach a little duct tape handle, spay inside duct tape teacup with WD40 and for those who like the bag inside, fashion a duct tape tea bag.

Good try.

Just doesn't taste the same though.

Duct tape sugar cubes are terribly chewy I would imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Duct tape is like the force theres a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together

And can fix a broken heart.

From the macro, to the micro...
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Constipation? 10 second squirt of WD40 in your anus - if it doesn't do the trick, at least it'll smell nice!

Embarrassed when you fart in public? Just put duct tape over your..........
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

Thanks OP, we've been missing a seriously funny thread for a while now. This is brilliant.
  • MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There must be a Ray Mears style Survival series in this thread of pure spun gold, surely?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a thread here years ago dedicated to the million uses of WD 40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Constipation? 10 second squirt of WD40 in your anus - if it doesn't do the trick, at least it'll smell nice!

Embarrassed when you fart in public? Just put duct tape over your..........

If you squirted WD40 into your anus doesn't that mean your farts won't squeak so there is no need to be embarrassed in public. You could fart away to your hearts content with no incriminating sounds to locate the culprit.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    WD40 is a miraculous substance that can be used for thousands of things.
    I believe it was made using technology from the Roswell crash.

I once accidently walked on a new carpet with bitumen on my shoes, after trying a multitude of cleaners with no success I sprayed wd40 on it, it removed the bitumen quite easily, which was good.
    It did leave the carpet stinking of fish though, which wasn't so good.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that is a safe claim....

duck/gaffa tap plus wd40 is all you need.
  • dreadnoughtdreadnought Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I was speaking to my mate MacGyver and he said that i should carry some duct tape and WD40 around with me at all times, just in case.

Plus a mullet and a Swiss army knife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTNWI0eYJ4 :D
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..... and plutonium. dont forget the plutonium .........
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    WD40 is a miraculous substance that can be used for thousands of things.
    I believe it was made using technology from the Roswell crash.

I once accidently walked on a new carpet with bitumen on my shoes, after trying a multitude of cleaners with no success I sprayed wd40 on it, it removed the bitumen quite easily, which was good.
    It did leave the carpet stinking of fish though, which wasn't so good.:(

Yep, I spilled nearly a whole tin of gloss paint on a carpet. It got rid of that.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member
    Nope. If you knock a radiator off a wall and the pipe gets a leak, duck tape doesn't stop help to stop the leak in my experience