Options

ITV Weekend Mornings

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Daybreaks axe, Aled Jones will host the new morning show Weekend on Saturday and Sunday mornings, which will feature a mixture of chat and musical guests.

Scrambled is on for the children till 9.25am and then we had Sunday Scoop/Side Up with Stephen Mulhern/kaye Adams/Nadia Swahala.

Do this mean that the latter is axed in way for a new show with Aled or will all three be showed?

Comments

• Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that on another thread, what will know happen to Scrambled only a couple of months after being lauched, if it was axed I would feel sorry for the presenters who wouldn't really have had a try.

Could we see it being bought back to 9:25 like which most of us grew up with.

Otherwise it would surely, really put the final nail in the coffin, of CITV on ITV after 31 years
  • Options
    Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I thought if scrambled gets another run it would just be on the citv channel
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought if scrambled gets another run it would just be on the citv channel

If it is on CITV only it looses the ITV budget and will be capped at CITV budget which I do not think would cover live programming
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody on another post says ITV have said Aled's programme will be from 8:30 till 9:25, maybe they are turning Scrambled into an hour programme.

Is Scrambled live or prerecorded as if it was prerecorded they could start it at 6am until 8:30
  • Options
    zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said that on another thread, what will know happen to Scrambled only a couple of months after being lauched, if it was axed I would feel sorry for the presenters who wouldn't really have had a try.

Otherwise it would surely, really put the final nail in the coffin, of CITV on ITV after 31 years

The nail in the coffin happened in 2006 when they moved Holly and Stephen's Saturday Showdown to the CITV Channel only and then after a few weeks it was axed all together which meant Saturday Morning shows going back to TISWAS was now in the past.

Scrambled shouldn't be compared to these types of shows as its like in vision continuity links with some mild out of the box stuff but not the stuff we grew up.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member

Is Scrambled live or prerecorded as if it was prerecorded they could start it at 6am until 8:30

I think it is pre-recorded. Sometimes during an invision continuity link they take to another scene where outfits are different and the presenters are poised in different seating/standing arrangements.
  • Options
    CynicalGnomeCynicalGnome Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Can we thus assume Aled's Classic FM show - broadcasted on Sunday mornings - is pre-recorded?
  • Options
    mseven1mseven1 Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Scrambled is only on until Easter. Scrambled would be better as a live studio based programme like SMTV and Ministry of Mayhem was.
    jonjons wrote: »
    If it is on CITV only it looses the ITV budget and will be capped at CITV budget which I do not think would cover live programming

Live programming doesn't have to be more expensive. There are advantages of live competitions and free prizes from toy companies. Children's programming also has the advantage of alternative funding such as merchandise that will be purchased by viewers of the programmes however the way ITV's licencing was structured meant all money from licencing goes in to one pot with all of ITV's programme sales, format sales and merchandising sales where as with the BBC licencing Bob the Builder or Teletubbies merchandise it would go back in to children's programming.
    Somebody on another post says ITV have said Aled's programme will be from 8:30 till 9:25, maybe they are turning Scrambled into an hour programme.

Scrambled is said to be recorded in a flat in Brighton but I am not sure if it is because the company that produces Scrambled (The foundation) is based in the Maidstone Studios where they produce many of their programmes and there are studios which require little set up compared to lighting a flat and setting up the equipment to record the programme from a flat.
    Can we thus assume Aled's Classic FM show - broadcasted on Sunday mornings - is pre-recorded?

His radio show and TV show could be both pre recorded and he could be at home having a lay in