Your amazing body and the unusual things you can do with it.

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My friend told me that you can't hum whilst you are holding your nose closed. I didn't believe her so i gave it a go and i couldn't hum at all. So obviously, this failure led to investigations on the limitations of the human body and the small percentage of people who defy these limitations. This is what i came up with.

Many people can't raise just one eyebrow.

I can. I often raise one eyebrow whilst viewing threads on DS. You can even teach yourself to raise one eyebrow.

Lick your elbow

I can't do this.

Apparently 75% of the people told they can't lick their elbows immediately tried to lick their elbows.

Touch your nose with your tongue (and other tongue related oddities)

Gene Simmons can but us mortals struggle with this. However, a few people do have amazing tongue skills. Are you one of these?

Tickle yourself.

The cerebellum can predict sensations when your own movement causes them but not when someone else does. Damn you cerebellum, I want to tickle myself.

Autofellatio

I can do this. Why do you think I haven't been on DS for the last week.

Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can.

We will talk about the paralyzed finger and the rotating six later.

What unusual things can you do with your body that will amaze and horrify me at the same time?

Comments

• trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can stand with my right foot pointing forwards, and the left pointing backwards.

I recall at school playing cricket, I stood at the crease with one foot at 12 o'clock, and the other at 25-to and the teacher going "WTF?" (modern translation).

I can also bend my thumbs right back.

I have no idea about auto fellatio. Probably years ago before my gut got in the way, though never tried it as the concept does not appeal in any shape or form. Like the cleaning the house - I get someone else in to do it.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    I can stand with my right foot pointing forwards, and the left pointing backwards.

I recall at school playing cricket, I stood at the crease with one foot at 12 o'clock, and the other at 25-to and the teacher going "WTF?" (modern translation).

I can also bend my thumbs right back.

I have no idea about auto fellatio. Probably years ago before my gut got in the way, though never tried it as the concept does not appeal in any shape or form. Like the cleaning the house - I get someone else in to do it.

I'm not sure i can do the foot rotation but i can place my hand flat on the table and rotate it 360 degrees.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only found out recently that the skin on your elbows can't feel pain. My mind was blown

Edit - to an extent obviously
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother can sneeze with his eyes open.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rotating six

Try this: while sitting on a chair, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. Then, while doing that, draw the number 6 with your right hand. Your foot desperately wants to change direction. Can you feel it?
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can make a kind of popping sound by moving my fingers from side to side, mainly my index and middle finger. My daughter can do it with her toes, it looks really freaky, lol. It's not a knuckle-cracking thing. I can also do it with my wrist but my husband hates the sound, it's quite loud.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I can move my eyebrows like the kids in the old tv advert. When we first saw it i wasnt impressed because i assumed everyone could do it. Turns out im the only one in my family who can!

I can do this weird thing with my thumb where i can move it so the joint goes one way and the tip goes the other. Not sure if its partially dislocated but it looks horrible even though its painless. Can only do it with one thumb though for some reason.

As a kid i used to be able to sit on the ground with my legs out straight and then bend them at the knees so my feet were out at a right angle. It was painless and my party trick. Until i dislocated my knee in an unrelated incident several years later and i darent tey it anymore.
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I'm not sure i can do the foot rotation but i can place my hand flat on the table and rotate it 360 degrees.

I can do that!

I can also use each eye basically independently to focus which gives me really good peripheral vision. (Comes at the expense of binocular vision and depth perception though)
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I can do this weird thing with my thumb where i can move it so the joint goes one way and the tip goes the other. Not sure if its partially dislocated but it looks horrible even though its painless. Can only do it with one thumb though for some reason.

As a kid i used to be able to sit on the ground with my legs out straight and then bend them at the knees so my feet were out at a right angle. It was painless and my party trick. Until i dislocated my knee in an unrelated incident several years later and i darent tey it anymore.

Other than the eyebrows, seems we have the same body.

We should form a double act and go on Britain's Got Talent.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Other than the eyebrows, seems we have the same body.

We should form a double act and go on Britain's Got Talent.

Bring Picto with you and he can auto-fellate while you two wiggle your thumbs and bend your legs. It's a sure-fire ratings winner.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only thing I can do is touch my nose with my tongue. I do have the advantage of an overshot jaw though :D My friend can lick her elbow. She was very excited to show us :D
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can pick up a thin piece of card off the floor with my mouth, without my hands touching the floor, and i'm fat which makes it even more remarkable.

I can lick my elbow and nose and I can touch the top of my head with my foot.

For a fat guy, i'm pretty flexible.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I can pick up a thin piece of card off the floor with my mouth, without my hands touching the floor, and i'm fat which makes it even more remarkable.

I can lick my elbow and nose and I can touch the top of my head with my foot.

For a fat guy, i'm pretty flexible.

I'm quite big and I can do the splits and also put my palms on the floor without bending my knees. Us fatties can sure move!
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I'm quite big and I can do the splits and also put my palms on the floor without bending my knees. Us fatties can sure move!

It's why we shouldn't be underestimated, our big shells disguise our true nature.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

I can do that too, and also hyperextend my elbows to a very sharp angle, that gets people very weirded out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.

Not really remarkable though as i suspect nearly everyone can do that.
  • FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL as soon as i got to the bit about the elbow I tried it and no i couldn't do it. I can rub tummy/pathead and raise one eyebrow. I can also pop my arm out its socket and back in mainly a pain free experience since i fell off a little dinghy into shallow water arm first when I was about 8.