Options

The Walking Dead has lost its way totally time to axe it?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Deserves it's own thread this. The show has really lost is way. Season 1 was brilliant. Season two was half decent but slow could have had less episodes. Season 3 brought on new characters and it was fast paced but spent too long in the same locations. Season 4 has been terrible.

The episodes have the same characters and it's so drawn out and slow. I've figured where the show has went wrong it's been characters like Shane, Merle, Hershel, Lori. Dale. All the strong cast has gone and Rick is taking a back seat role hardly on it and he's not the leader of the group. It's a constant dwindle developing characters and the explanations and ways to escape the outbreak or cure have froze since season one. Even when they eat food now it must be well out of date given the outbreak must be a few years ago.

The show has lost its buzz and has no direction. Time to pull the plug on the show now and wind it down. The new characters have never lasted long and there's no leaders in the show. Sadly it's becoming more of a soap than a zombie series. Clearly it's low budget given the lack of action seems they are milking the show. I read they want to do a spin off to the show. Seems it's already started given how slow paced it is and lacking direction.

Sadly it's just a case of the show has now gone on too many series. Are the viewing figures holding out?

Comments

• Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    viewing figures (US) are stronger each season.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    imo it keeps on getting better, am loving season 4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imo it keeps on getting better, am loving season 4

Better? All the lead cast have gone, it's slow, it's a soap opera.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,187
    Forum Member
    I disagree. I'm really enjoying series 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Better? All the lead cast have gone, it's slow, it's a soap opera.

each to their own, the last couple of episodes especially have been fab, did you see last weeks

main cast changes , the show is not scared to kill of the main cast characters, never know who is for the chop next .

i like the characters, it would be boring if it was just walkers, walkers, walkers, i enjoy the characterizations, the relationships, how the apocalypse affects them
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apart from 'Person of Interest', 'The Walking Dead' is one of the best shows on TV at the moment.

I like the last couple of episodes especially the last one which was very good.

We need a zombie show on TV and 'The Walking Dead' is the definitive one.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Next.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    I love it too, I watch each episode 2 or 3 times and find something new in them each time.

It's way,way off its sell -by date as yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you see 'The Grove'? One of the best hours of TV in a long time, from ANY show.

"Lost it's way" my foot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    each to their own, the last couple of episodes especially have been fab, did you see last weeks

main cast changes , the show is not scared to kill of the main cast characters, never know who is for the chop next .

i like the characters, it would be boring if it was just walkers, walkers, walkers, i enjoy the characterizations, the relationships, how the apocalypse affects them

Yes but strong shows have strong lead characters. Since season 1 the show has been weaker. I never liked them bringing in comic book characters that spoiled it.

I agree we need a zombie drama but maybe a new one as the script writers would rather develop and over develop characters into a soap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Did you see 'The Grove'? One of the best hours of TV in a long time, from ANY show. .

that was a fab and very shocking episode
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes but strong shows have strong lead characters. Since season 1 the show has been weaker. I never liked them bringing in comic book characters that spoiled it.

I agree we need a zombie drama but maybe a new one as the script writers would rather develop and over develop characters into a soap.

i watched the tv show first and got the first comic compendium later which ended after they left the prison, the tv show doesnt follow the comic completely, although from what i have heard it is following it closer nowadays
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny this thread has been created just after the last amazing TWD episode! :o:D

Oh well, each to their own. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny this thread has been created just after the last amazing TWD episode! :o:D

Oh well, each to their own. :)

It's those two episodes in particular that made me post this.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    Did you see 'The Grove'? One of the best hours of TV in a long time, from ANY show.

"Lost it's way" my foot.

It was very good but the shock of the last 5 minutes is the bit that actually made it that good.
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    You seem to be in a minority of one.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    OP needs to "just look at the flowers". :)
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Strong characters?

Carol - lead character, there since season one, just shot a 12yo girl in the head. And she was RIGHT to do it. And here ENTIRE character development from season 1 led to this moment - its a four season character arc and brilliantly acted by Melissa McBride.

TBH, you're trolling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but it's paint dry tv.

The show has zero pace they are not in the city, there's not a lot of zombies or characters.

It's low budget soap drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could also be why it went off track after series 1:

http://screenrant.com/the-walking-dead-fires-writers-aco-89980/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but it's paint dry tv.

The show has zero pace they are not in the city, there's not a lot of zombies or characters.

It's low budget soap drama.

Cool, son. Don't watch it then.

It's the biggest scripted show in the US with over 12m watching every week and its a comic book/sci fi nerd fest. But hey. its paint dry as you comment on the 4th season 14th episode. Its uncancellable which as a Firefly and other sci fi fan, I know all about. But here we got a Sci Fi/fantasty genre show thats gonna last a long time with great story and writing. But its paint dry....

I believe you.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dare_Allan wrote: »
    Cool, son. Don't watch it then.

It's the biggest scripted show in the US with over 12m watching every week and its a comic book/sci fi nerd fest. But hey. its paint dry as you comment on the 4th season 14th episode.

I believe you.....

Most would argue season one was best.

People probably keep watching hoping the end will come and they will explain the zombie thing but it's not the show is a constant loop now of soap drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People probably keep watching hoping the end will come and they will explain the zombie thing but it's not the show is a constant loop now of soap drama.

Season 1 was average, lacked a proper antagonist, season 2 was worse - 13 episodes where nothing happened except a kid came out a barn till the finalé.

Thing is, you NEED an antagonist in any movie or TV series. Seasons 1 had no antagonist, Season 2 had no antagonist, Season 3 to 4.5 had the guv'nor, great antagonist and the ratings went through the roof.

We have a genre show IN THE MAINSTREAM with great charectarisation, great story and incredible episodes. Any fanboi saying otherwise is trolling.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I certainly do not want it to end.

It is just nice to have a show set in a zombie world rather than having to wait for the next zombie film to get my zombie fix.