Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belarus is growing on me a lot . i like Teo he has a cheeky early Michael Buble chipmunk face . Sounds like he sings *dont wanna wear no twerpy hats today*

I find TEO strangely attractive...... :blush::blush::blush:

Cleo wins my vote for the gurls though.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Every time I have to listen to COTU I love it more but it could be better and then it could be a winner. But I feel like I'll be slightly disappointed if it does win because I don't think it's worthy.

Katie Taylor is that you? :D "Every time I have to listen to COTU" - you make it sound like a chore! :o If COTU isn't winner material then I don't know what is, because it's easily our best song since 2002.
  • Options
    Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just noticed that Safura's dress lit up. 4 years late...
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just went and checked that out. I never knew either.. :blush:

I wonder what the reception will be when Eurovision channels adds the video. More than likely the dislikers will come out in force when they see us as even stronger competition :cool:

haters gon' hate
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for Molly's album. I really love OCD and Beneath the Lights. I doubt it will be available on US itunes though :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Belarus is growing on me a lot . i like Teo he has a cheeky early Michael Buble chipmunk face . Sounds like he sings *dont wanna wear no twerpy hats today*

Robin cheap
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondered if anyone's got any suggestions for some tracks that I can play on my radio show, as I'm planning on doing a Eurovision special of it in a couple of weeks...

It's normally a show featuring dance music from all over Europe - so all tracks need to be of that theme or very upbeat. There's a few songs I have in mind from this year (Amazing, Rise Up, Miracle etc), plus the likes of Euphoria, Only Love Survives etc - but I'd like to widen the year range/add remixes etc. Anyone have any good suggestions? :)
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah - Straight into Love (Slovenia 2013).

Addicted to Inga and Anush - Jan Jan at the moment too :D:D
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat.Deelay wrote: »
    Just wondered if anyone's got any suggestions for some tracks that I can play on my radio show, as I'm planning on doing a Eurovision special of it in a couple of weeks...

It's normally a show featuring dance music from all over Europe - so all tracks need to be of that theme or very upbeat. There's a few songs I have in mind from this year (Amazing, Rise Up, Miracle etc), plus the likes of Euphoria, Only Love Survives etc - but I'd like to widen the year range/add remixes etc. Anyone have any good suggestions? :)

Not sure if it's the kind of thing you're after.. :p
    But I heard this remix on ESC Radio last week and I fell in love with the song all over again. :D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjy5EThdS_A
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As was said in another thread, Lose Control (Finland 2009) is a timeless classic ;) (At least the studio version is...)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Belgium this year, he sings the beginning of "dear" like the beginning of "dare", so it really sounds like he's singing 'dead mother' sometimes.

I think a lot of non-native English speakers are going to be left thinking he was singing about his dead mum...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Oops...
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    With Belgium this year, he sings the beginning of "dear" like the beginning of "dare", so it really sounds like he's singing 'dead mother' sometimes.

I think a lot of non-native English speakers are going to be left thinking he was singing about his dead mum...

accidental sympathy vote >:(
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    COTU getting radio time in the Netherlands! https://twitter.com/Wesleyy93/status/459239286995685376
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly is doing Scott Mills radio 1 show I think, she just tweeted about doing Innuendo bingo anyway.
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to hear "Douze points pour le Royaume-Uni!" at least once on 10th May, i'm looking at you Ireland... :D ;-)
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Molly is doing Scott Mills radio 1 show I think, she just tweeted about doing Innuendo bingo anyway.

Wow that should get her some good coverage, that has quite the following on youtube from people who don't necessarily watch his show - Hopefully people we see and go on to find Molly's entry.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

either that or she was suffering with very heavy 'monthlies' that May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGAE Iceland:

1 point - Italy
    2 points - United Kingdom
    3 points - Israel
    4 points - Austria
    5 points - Montenegro
    6 points - Netherlands
    7 points - Armenia
    8 points - Norway
    10 points - Hungary
    12 points - Sweden

Finland and Poland will be announced today. UK will be announced tomorrow.
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Noticed a couple of winners in recent years had position 17 (Euthoria and Molitva) seems like a good place in the running to be placed. have to go back and see if any others had same position

.Edited to update. Lordi also won at position 17
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Hannah - Straight into Love (Slovenia 2013).

Addicted to Inga and Anush - Jan Jan at the moment too :D:D
    Mikay wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the kind of thing you're after.. :p
    But I heard this remix on ESC Radio last week and I fell in love with the song all over again. :D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjy5EThdS_A
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    As was said in another thread, Lose Control (Finland 2009) is a timeless classic ;) (At least the studio version is...)

Cheers for the suggestions, guys! Keep 'em coming :)
    I've got an hour to fill in total, so need about 20 songs. Think I'm upto about 15 songs now, after rummaging though some old Eurovision CD's... ;-)
  • Options
    Shar_dsShar_ds Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QuartzMan wrote: »
    I want to hear "Douze points pour le Royaume-Uni!" at least once on 10th May, i'm looking at you Ireland... :D ;-)

Returning to the "discussion" about misheard Mei Finegold lyrics... I'm sure that the last bit in Hebrew is threatening something bad to the people of the Netherlands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uB4JMw4ctc#t=110
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Cheers for the suggestions, guys! Keep 'em coming :)
    I've got an hour to fill in total, so need about 20 songs. Think I'm upto about 15 songs now, after rummaging though some old Eurovision CD's... ;-)

The wonderful Geaorges Alagaios OPA

Romanian entry Let me try Luminata Anghel
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    That's amazing about innuendo bingo - one of the best features on radio. Think Molly will be great on it :)
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    The wonderful Geaorges Alagaios OPA

Romanian entry Let me try

I'd definitely add in La La Love from 2012 and also Love Unlimited. Pretty sure I also saw Mandinga on UK dance tv stations a lot too.
This discussion has been closed.