South Park - Stick of Truth

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not really a South Park fan but watch it if it's on, am I likely to still enjoy this?!

Wanted it digitally ideally but far too expensive at the mo.

Comments

• davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    It's a very amusing game. Some knowledge of South Park especially the more memorable moments or episodes is a plus with some of the jokes but isn't really essential.

I believe the PS3 version is censored in a couple of places which may be something to consider. The PC version is uncensored and given the simple nature of South Park's graphics it doesn't need a powerhouse of a PC to run. Some of the mini games can be trickier on PC though.

It is also quite an easy game especially if you have experience of RPGs. I completed it in about 2 or 3 days although I missed a few collectables. Did get all the chinpokomon though
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    It's a very amusing game. Some knowledge of South Park especially the more memorable moments or episodes is a plus with some of the jokes but isn't really essential.

I believe the PS3 version is censored in a couple of places which may be something to consider. The PC version is uncensored and given the simple nature of South Park's graphics it doesn't need a powerhouse of a PC to run. Some of the mini games can be trickier on PC though.

It is also quite an easy game especially if you have experience of RPGs. I completed it in about 2 or 3 days although I missed a few collectables. Did get all the chinpokomon though

I ordered it from Amazon.com so it should be the full uncut version.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good until I got a game breaking bug 3/4 of the way through it.... And that was at launch and it's still not been patched for the PS3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    it was good until that goth dance cant do I
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It was good until I got a game breaking bug 3/4 of the way through it.... And that was at launch and it's still not been patched for the PS3.

What big was that?! Other people have managed to complete the game.

It's $59.99 on the US store and I have $77 credit... so tempted as it's the proper uncut version.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    What big was that?! Other people have managed to complete the game.

It's $59.99 on the US store and I have $77 credit... so tempted as it's the proper uncut version.

The O'Canada quest bug http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65376-o-canada-quest-bug/

It didn't happen to everyone but if you get it you have to start the game again, which I couldn't be arsed doing as I was 3/4 of the way through it.

The PC got a patch to fix it on 8/4/14 but still no sign of it on the PS3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    The O'Canada quest bug http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65376-o-canada-quest-bug/

It didn't happen to everyone but if you get it you have to start the game again, which I couldn't be arsed doing as I was 3/4 of the way through it.

The PC got a patch to fix it on 8/4/14 but still no sign of it on the PS3.

One guy says the problem happens if you go talk to the Mounties near the dead guy with the bear, before you talk to the Duke of Winnipeg. So will try and remember to avoid that.

Was it good apart from that?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought it on the PS3 for £22 from Tesco. Normally something cut would annoy me but I am not a big enough South Park fan to pay extra.
    Plus I've had customs on my back a couple of times recently for stuff over £15.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought it on the PS3 for £22 from Tesco. Normally something cut would annoy me but I am not a big enough South Park fan to pay extra.
    Plus I've had customs on my back a couple of times recently for stuff over £15.

It's not a case of being a huge fan, it's the fact that the cut scenes just add even more shock to the game itself.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think the way Stone and Parker go about 'censoring' the scenes is actually funnier than the scenes themselves.

I had a look at them on Youtube and I have to say I was severely underwhelmed.