Strange BDTC/FTTP - can anyone explain?

onephatonephat Posts: 898
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I live in a rather large town but my house is fed off a smaller rural exchange some 3miles away. While the rest of the town gained FTTC through the commercial rolll-out ours was sadily missed. BDUK and Leicestershire County Council seem to be stepping in to fund the upgrade.

Large parts of our estate have Virgin but some 250 homes including mine cant get etither Virgin or a an ADSL connection much above 2-4mb/s.

Our exchange is due to be upgraded to fibre later this year and i decided to see if my line would producce any information as i believe that if the upgrade is circa 3 months away the BT Wholesale ADSL checker should include details? To cut that part of the story short it produced just the normal ADSL info and nothing about fibre.

I then decided to put the exchange, postcode and telephone number into SamKnows and this is where the confusion has arrisen.

"FTTC is not yet available in your area"

&

FTTP will be available in your area, but the precise date is unknown

Is this just SamKnows being unreliable or having an update or am i looking at FTTP in my area rather than FTTC or is it just to early to say?

Thanks for your help

Ben

Comments

• mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't trust Samknows with that level of detail.

If you want something concrete, contact Openreach directly and/or whatever BDUK outfit is doing your area, they seem to be fairly good at giving info down to street/cabinet level.
  • onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »

If you want something concrete, contact Openreach directly and/or whatever BDUK outfit is doing your area, they seem to be fairly good at giving info down to street/cabinet level.

Great, thanks for the advice will do that now.

Cheers
    Ben
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    moox wrote: »

Think the email address to query that at Openreaxh has now been closed.

Is the area expected to be covered by BDUK funding?
  • onephatonephat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent some emails today. Its looking like it is likely to be fttp.