Jan singing

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Jan hit and held, that last 'note' :eek: our dogs shot out through the back door and we can't get them back in. They are still cowering, twitching and looking over their shoulders at any sudden noise. :D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks it's sad, then? She reminds me a bit of Blanche DuBois in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'. She's a faded beauty who is finding it hard to accept the ageing process and the resultant loss of beauty and loss of the power, status, and opportunities that beauty affords a younger woman. In her desperation to cling onto something, she has cast her dignity to the winds. She's not at all likable, but she is very pathetic.
    I think she's more Norma Desmond from sunset Boulevard myself ,I am suprised she didn't say "ready for my close up Mr De Milne" just before she held that last note.She must be hell to be stuck with 24 hours a day, Toby must have the patience of a saint
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleckerl wrote:
    When Jan hit and held, that last 'note' :eek: our dogs shot out through the back door and we can't get them back in. They are still cowering, twitching and looking over their shoulders at any sudden noise. :D
    She made our dog howl ( incidentally he's called toby and a male with no nuts too )
  • lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was no worse than that awful Leona on X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least that was on X Factor where awful singing is to be expected, a prerequisite even. I missed the strip - was in NY. Did she take a catsuit into the jungle????
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman is so wrapped up in herself and doesn't even realise it. Her singing last night was a shocker. I think the wildlife population of Australia wilted and died during that final note she held. :eek:
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote:
    I've never seen her son so can't comment. And the fact that you consider that at 65 or whatever she's old, has nothing to do with my comments. A bitch is a bitch whatever age but I'd hope that by her age the insecurity that's excusable in an 18 year-old would have been long overcome.

Who is her son - would I have seen him?
  • MelodybearMelodybear Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she-hulk wrote:
    At least that was on X Factor where awful singing is to be expected, a prerequisite even. I missed the strip - was in NY. Did she take a catsuit into the jungle????

No it was for the task with Scott - Canary yellow and skin tight like an 80's aerobics leotard. She is slim but her boobs ( complete with peanuts down said leotard if you get my drift ) were nearly on her waist. Going to have saucer of milk now :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everyone on this thread without exception (i think although one poster thought her sad) has caught the essense of this truly awful woman ugh! :eek:
    she is blanche dubois and baby jan and norma desmond rolled into one without any (if they had any) redeeming features :eek:
    one poster said she had met her and loathed her so it's good to know my instincts were right as to what a self loving woman she is
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Fleckerl wrote:

Actually laughed out loud at this one! Superb! :D:D:D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant's face at the end of the VT of Jan singing and holding that last note was a picture! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    lol that's funny because my cat woke up with a really surprised look on her face when Jan started singing. I feel a bit sorry for her, she obviously has some issues after five marriages but that singing is awful! The peanut incident was a bit of a shocker too!
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Some of your posts about your pets have made me lol too and from now on I shall call her Baby Jan. Brilliant!
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found her 'singing' excrutiatingly embarrassing!

Every time she sang, I either had to switch channels or put my hands over my eyes and ears.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    The image of her tenderly singing "Summertime" to a rock is going to stay with me indefinitely (unfortunately).

It has to be up there with Dean in TV's funniest moments.
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never met Jan but also know of her fearsomely cold reputation within media circles.

It is desperately sad to see all this in public. Unlike others here I feel a real pity for her. Probably the saving grace for her, and the saddest thing for all watching, including any family she may have, is that she really cannot see how pathetically pitiful and undignified all this is.

I hope that when the evictions start to happen, she will go quickly. For her sake.
  • 12bigbrother1212bigbrother12 Posts: 4,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lumpbottom wrote:
    She was no worse than that awful Leona on X Factor.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: I like Leona
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never met Jan but also know of her fearsomely cold reputation within media circles....

Some might say it's jungle justice :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never met Jan but also know of her fearsomely cold reputation within media circles.

It is desperately sad to see all this in public. Unlike others here I feel a real pity for her. Probably the saving grace for her, and the saddest thing for all watching, including any family she may have, is that she really cannot see how pathetically pitiful and undignified all this is.
    but why would you waste any sympathy on her?

why feel sorry because she had shown the british public her true colours
    better that she had not come on this show and some of us would have remembered her as that quite pretty woman who read the news rather than that horror who we now know her to be!
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but why would you waste any sympathy on her?

why feel sorry because she had shown the british public her true colours
    better that she had not come on this show and some of us would have remembered her as that quite pretty woman who read the news rather than that horror who we now know her to be!

I know what you mean but I just can't help feeling sad for her.

I guess that's just the way I am made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean but I just can't help feeling sad for her.

I guess that's just the way I am made.
    well we're all different and nice you can find it in your heart to feel sorry for her

i'm known in my family as a real softie but i can't find any sympathy for jan.....there you go! :)
  • MetermaidMetermaid Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    everyone on this thread without exception (i think although one poster thought her sad) has caught the essense of this truly awful woman ugh! :eek:
    she is blanche dubois and baby jan and norma desmond rolled into one without any (if they had any) redeeming features :eek:
    one poster said she had met her and loathed her so it's good to know my instincts were right as to what a self loving woman she is
    Brilliant comparisons sixtieschick !! Keep em coming !!
  • ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JTW wrote:
    One minute I'm feeling sorry for her and now your post has got me back to how I first felt about her....she's a narcissist to the extreme. What's sad about it is that at 65, she still wants to be a diva and the way she's acting on the show, it's like she's looking for her second chance :eek:
    Wow I'd never have thought she was that old!. She looks good for her age
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She made our dog howl ( incidentally he's called toby and a male with no nuts too )

Hi Faye,

We've two Great Danes, also without nuts which is understandable because they are girls :D Eldest is Willow youngest is Amber.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks it's sad, then? She reminds me a bit of Blanche DuBois in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'.
    She's a faded beauty who is finding it hard to accept the ageing process and the resultant loss of beauty and loss of the power, status, and opportunities that beauty affords a younger woman. In her desperation to cling onto something, she has cast her dignity to the winds. She's not at all likable, but she is very pathetic.

Yes she reminds me of Blanche; only exception is that Jan Leeming has never been beautiful or particularly powerful. Its all in her head.