"Bluejacked" ?

David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been leaving my Sony 810i bluetooth switched on for months now, and everything has been fine, until the other day.

The phone was in the room closest to next door (through the wall). It "woke up" and chirped: Do you want to add "maggs" to you bluetooth devices?". At this point I should point out that nothing else in our house was on, apart from the wireless internet - which is Wifi, not bluetooth anyway. In a sort of panic, I clicked no to the prompt, and quickly turned off the bluetooth feature.

Was this the neighbours trying to bluejack my phone, or is some sort of random software bug?

Dave

Comments

• TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Maggs' was trying to add you to their phone. You weren't bluejacked unless you accepted him/her.
  • Warfield RoyalWarfield Royal Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    You pulled. Get in ;)
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, it's pretty harmless.

I used to enjoy creating a contact called "hello" and sending it to strangers.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's pretty harmless.

I used to enjoy creating a contact called "hello" and sending it to strangers.

I used to do that on the train with the name "Add me". No one ever did though lol :D
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had several

"Hello"

"how are you?"

"having a nice journey?"

and

"SMILE!"

The only response I ever got was someone switching bluetooth off. Miserable buggers.
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Yeah BlueJacking is harmless, its BlueSnarfling where someone nicks your files.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    happy bluejacking