Has recent events put anyone off watching?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will watch both X-factor and Strictly as I always do.

I will Sky plus strictly and start watching ten minutes in so I can get rid of all the John nonsense. Just want to see the contestants, their dances and the scores.

I don't want to see any opinions on the madness this week, don't want to watch the farewell dance. Just want to pretend it never happened.

Want John to present HIGNFY again - I do love him (not as a dancer though).
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Everyone????I can assure of this I have never and will never watch the x factor

Please watch it I implore you.....:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    I value my sanity far too much but thanks for the begging;):p
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all. I think there are six entertaining dancers left - Austin, Tom, Rachel, Christine, Jodie and Lisa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Not at all. I think there are six entertaining dancers left - Austin, Tom, Rachel, Christine, Jodie and Lisa.

Well 5 if you take out annoying Lisa who is more irritating than entertaining
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who work hard and are going to be completely overshadowed by the whole thing...hence my trying to pretend it never happened, and hoping that people do not give up watching.

Whatever they start SCD for (usually to further their careers) you can tell when they put the effort in and start to care so much about the dance and judge/public approval - I hope it's not ruined for them.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all.

After Cherie & James left, John & Kristina were my least favourite couple overall. The last 4 or 5 days couldn't have gone much better. Shame about the 2-person final but I guess you can't have everything.
  • bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well 5 if you take out annoying Lisa who is more irritating than entertaining

I can see we're going to have to agree to disagree! :D
    I think Lisa is fab and am looking forward to her routine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who work hard and are going to be completely overshadowed by the whole thing...hence my trying to pretend it never happened, and hoping that people do not give up watching.

Whatever they start SCD for (usually to further their careers) you can tell when they put the effort in and start to care so much about the dance and judge/public approval - I hope it's not ruined for them.

John worked particularly hard given that he is overweight, older and has a sedentary job. He probably put in more effort than most. If I wanted to see excellent dancers I would go to the ballet. I want to be entertained by not so good dancers becoming half decent. I don't want to see trained dancers which Tom certainly is showing us how good they are.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably looking forward to this weeks show more than usual, no more John (hurrah) and Brendan's first quickstep since season 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I will watch. I'm supporting Rachel, and I love watching the dancing in general.
    I am sad to see John go though, although he wasn't the primary reason I watched SCD. He was just a nice part of it.

Switching off because he's left is like saying he's the only reason you would ever watch Strictly - did you not watch it for the past 5 series or so, when John wasn't on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I'm probably looking forward to this weeks show more than usual, no more John (hurrah) and Brendan's first quickstep since season 1

I would not say that Brendan's quick step is a thing to behold. I think there is a reason he has not done one since season one!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think viewing figures will be substantially affected. Strictly has now attained a notoriety. The whole of the panel on Question Time thought John shouldn't have quit, a view that I share. This Week also has a Strictly theme.

The interesting thing will be the effect on the voting. If at least some of the 40-50% (quotations vary), who were voting for John, continue to vote, I suspect that either Jodie or Christine will win.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John worked particularly hard given that he is overweight, older and has a sedentary job. He probably put in more effort than most. If I wanted to see excellent dancers I would go to the ballet. I want to be entertained by not so good dancers becoming half decent. I don't want to see trained dancers which Tom certainly is showing us how good they are.

Didn't say he didn't. We don't know he put more effort in than most.

I would go to the ballet to see professional ballet dancers.
    I watch Strictly to see novice ballroom dancers being taught the ropes and then improving their technique and performance week after week. I'm perfectly happy to do this, I've done it since the first series and it's always worked out for me.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Yes I intend to switch off SCD after the farewell dance, which will be my farewell to SCD. None of the remaining celebs remotely interests me, and the pros have shown nothing I have not seen before. To be rid of the 4 stooges would be a relief. As I will not be watching I will obviously stop posting in this forum.

A lot of time freed up for activities more rewarding and less sad.
  • bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't say he didn't. We don't know he put more effort in than most.

I would go to the ballet to see professional ballet dancers.
    I watch Strictly to see novice ballroom dancers being taught the ropes and then improving their technique and performance week after week. I'm perfectly happy to do this, I've done it since the first series and it's always worked out for me.

Agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Yes I intend to switch off SCD after the farewell dance, which will be my farewell to SCD. None of the remaining celebs remotely interests me, and the pros have shown nothing I have not seen before. To be rid of the 4 stooges would be a relief. As I will not be watching I will obviously stop posting in this forum.

A lot of time freed up for activities more rewarding and less sad.

Here here me too, I may even develop a social life.:D:D
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RocknRolla wrote: »
    I will definatley be watching now John is out of the comp. :)

Me too.
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't miss it for the world...I think the vocal minority might though,I don't feel they amount to a majority.

Me neither & I agree 100% :)

And the competition is wide open!

I'm also hoping this board returns to some kind of normality and a lot of the staggering negativity will disappear too.

It is like this board has been invaded by a bad crowd who can't argue their points without getting downright nasty and personal (they all seem to know exactly how far they can go without breaking the DS T&Cs too (:o) - and I'm talking about before this week's happenings).

Of course, I've always been the eternal optimist.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

I'm also hoping this board returns to some kind of normality and a lot of the staggering negativity will disappear too.

It is like this board has been invaded by a bad crowd who can't argue their points without getting downright nasty and personal (they all seem to know exactly how far they can go without breaking the DS T&Cs too (:o) - and I'm talking about before this week's happenings).

I am sure we would all like to have no dissent and be agreed with totally. However, in the real world there are differing opinions, and a rich diversity of views and tastes. I think forums like this one demonstrates this. I think to disregard or generalised people who disagree with sugary sentiment is quite narrow minded.:eek:
    Forum Member
    Soulmate, and others who will not be watching.
    I'm curious, you've obviously watched most if not all of the SCD series', however the exit of John means you will be watching no more. If he is the only contestant entertaining enough for you to tune if for, what fascination did the other series hold for you? It just shows you really don't love or appreciate dancing or the principle of the show as much as previously thought. As you can see I don't post on here that much so I actually DO have a social life (i've been at dancing for 5 hours today), and it would be pretty sad for these forums to replace a social life for somebody. Maybe you could have a go at dancing yourself now you will have so much free time, if you don't do it already. :)
    I hope one day you'll watch SCD again and see it for the wonderful entertaining show that it is. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too.

I completely agree. I don't like the negativity on here. I always feel I have to defend everybody - I've been defending James left right and centre up and down the threads. Not because I'm a particular fan (I think he's alright) but because I just think people are being cruel. It's very tiring :)

I want to go back to discussing whether or not so-and-so did a decent fleckerl or not. :p
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    I was never a fan of JS as such, but the methods of the judges expressing their opinions to the media was a bit much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luv_latin wrote: »
    Soulmate, and others who will not be watching.
    I'm curious, you've obviously watched most if not all of the SCD series', however the exit of John means you will be watching no more. If he is the only contestant entertaining enough for you to tune if for, what fascination did the other series hold for you? It just shows you really don't love or appreciate dancing or the principle of the show as much as previously thought. As you can see I don't post on here that much so I actually DO have a social life (i've been at dancing for 5 hours today), and it would be pretty sad for these forums to replace a social life for somebody. Maybe you could have a go at dancing yourself now you will have so much free time, if you don't do it already. :)
    I hope one day you'll watch SCD again and see it for the wonderful entertaining show that it is. :)

Bravo I am delighted that you have experienced the art of dance I am so overjoyed that you took the time at 12.18 to post in a forum. Someone can't have a social life.....
    Forum Member
    I don't want to get into an argument here Lisa with a Zee because it seems so silly to argue over a computer...but I just came back to my halls from my friend's, am about to write an essay and then have my weekend free to carry out my social life as I please. So yes, I do have one. This is just, like I am sure it is for most of us, a little distraction and a place to "vent".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luv_latin wrote: »
    I don't want to get into an argument here Lisa with a Zee because it seems so silly to argue over a computer...but I just came back to my halls from my friend's, am about to write an essay and then have my weekend free to carry out my social life as I please. So yes, I do have one. This is just, like I am sure it is for most of us, a little distraction and a place to "vent".

Nite nite going clubbing now I have so much time to make up:p:p:p:p:D