Options

Katie Price in OK Mag

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe that Katie would dye her kid's hair at such a young age, a baby !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Lenore wrote: »
    Actually blonde hair is dominant over red hair. Red is the rarest of hair colours and caused by a variation in the Mc1r gene. If you have a redheaded parent and a blonde parent you are far more likely to have blonde children that red headed ones (for example I have red hair and my oh is brunette (though was blonde as a child) our daughters hair is blonde, though looking at it it's fairly obvious it'll go brown later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hair_color#Red_hair

Really? Ah now that is interesting. I was always told the opposite.

However on the subject of Jordan's daughter, as far as I can see she is turning into what I would call a strawberry blonde. I would doubt that even Jordan, as daft as she is, would risk her daughter's health by colouring her hair. She is probably relieved that her daughter is probably going to be blonde rather than ginger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I admit that my mother held a view which has passed down to both her daughters. If we were meant to have piercings, we would have been born with little holes in all of the strategic places.

:p:D

Piercing and tattooing were originally a means of identifying tribes, although in many places the markings and types of piercings are often marked as an indication of beauty.

However in recent centuries that has not been the case in the Western world. Piercings to me are just a convenient way of slotting a piece of jewellery in. I personally feel, and this is just a personal opinion, that they are unhygienic unless you are very careful and also can be dangerous. A seven year old is not likely to understand either of these two concepts, therefore piercings should be advised against until someone is at least 18. Then they can make an informed choice and understand the drawbacks and possible dangers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    Well I admit that my mother held a view which has passed down to both her daughters. If we were meant to have piercings, we would have been born with little holes in all of the strategic places.

Piercing and tattooing were originally a means of identifying tribes, although in many places the markings and types of piercings are often marked as an indication of beauty.

However in recent centuries that has not been the case in the Western world. Piercings to me are just a convenient way of slotting a piece of jewellery in. I personally feel, and this is just a personal opinion, that they are unhygienic unless you are very careful and also can be dangerous. A seven year old is not likely to understand either of these two concepts, therefore piercings should be advised against until someone is at least 18. Then they can make an informed choice and understand the drawbacks and possible dangers.

Which is why she has NOT had it done and I said I wasn't sure she was ready. There really was no need for any of what followed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    Anyway, back on topic:rolleyes: I don't think she has coloured her daughters hair, yet anyway!
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Well this thread took off...I've not been on through Christmas and have just checked in. Some good points have been made.

I'm a bit more undecided now, after reading some posts, on whether she has stuck a highlift tint on her 18 month old daughters hair or not (not to mention a bit of a bleach bath to start with to lift out some of the red). I suppose it is possible her hair has changed in shade but if she has, anyone that has tinted their hair will tell you it itches like hell - not to mention the risk she would've taken with reactions.

I still feel it out of order to put bleach through her son's hair though (and it would be bleach due to the darkness of his hair a tint just wouldn't lift it that light). He's only little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is why she has NOT had it done and I said I wasn't sure she was ready. There really was no need for any of what followed it.

A wise decision on your part and one you should be congratulated for without a doubt. When your daughter is older she will understand and make a proper choice for herself. That is one of the signs of a good parent.

Anyway replying to your on topic comment, I don't believe Jordan has coloured the child's hair either. She is an awful person to be sure, but I don't believe she's stupid.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

My daughter wanted her ears pierced so I took her to Claires Accesories and made her watch someone have their ears pierced. She doesn't want them done anymore! :D :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    My daughter wanted her ears pierced so I took her to Claires Accesories and made her watch someone have their ears pierced. She doesn't want them done anymore! :D :eek:

Haha, did they use the gun? That put me off when I was younger...

However, I now have 10 piercings including my lip and nose (they're quite discreet, I hasten to add). Previously I also had the other side of my nose, the back of my neck and 3 other ear piercings. I like piercings, but obviously understand why a parent would be torn in making a decision based on their own child. I definitely would not let my child get any piercings at all until they were old enough to completely understand the maintenance involved to prevent infection, which is why I find it quite horrid to see babies with their ears pierced... They have no say.

I say it's only a matter of time before Princess has her ears pierced, to be honest. I'm still undecided about her hair...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    A wise decision on your part and one you should be congratulated for without a doubt. When your daughter is older she will understand and make a proper choice for herself. That is one of the signs of a good parent.

Anyway replying to your on topic comment, I don't believe Jordan has coloured the child's hair either. She is an awful person to be sure, but I don't believe she's stupid.

The Pwicey's quite stupid - she's dyed her 3 year old's hair, so I'd put nothing past her where her 1 year old's concerned.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    Haha, did they use the gun? That put me off when I was younger...

However, I now have 10 piercings including my lip and nose (they're quite discreet, I hasten to add). Previously I also had the other side of my nose, the back of my neck and 3 other ear piercings. I like piercings, but obviously understand why a parent would be torn in making a decision based on their own child. I definitely would not let my child get any piercings at all until they were old enough to completely understand the maintenance involved to prevent infection, which is why I find it quite horrid to see babies with their ears pierced... They have no say.

I say it's only a matter of time before Princess has her ears pierced, to be honest. I'm still undecided about her hair...

Yes. My daughter is a stubborn so and so and if I had just said ''no'' to her it would have made her more determined she wanted it done. Now she is scared of the whole idea. :D
  • Options
    DamagedDamaged Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    It's only hair...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't this a quote from Pete shortly after birth ? “I don’t mind, I love her anyway, even if she’s a ginge!”
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Damaged wrote: »
    It's only hair...:rolleyes:

There clearly speaks a parent :rolleyes:

It's not just hair, it's baby hair , a fragile scalp and strong chemicals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Wasn't this a quote from Pete shortly after birth ? “I don’t mind, I love her anyway, even if she’s a ginge!”

uuurgh..she'd have been up for adoption if she was one of my children:D
    I dreaded having a ginger baby more than anything when I was pregnant...:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    It's not just La Price who's as thick as doggy doo either. Pete must have an IQ lower than a snake's belly if he thinks it's alright to let his missus dye their kids' hair at such a young age. Tsk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How odd, most people just want a healthy baby :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As someone who has tried unsuccessfully for years to have a child, I'd like to congratulate you on your wonderful ideals.

Would I rather have a child with ginger hair than one with downs syndrome? No give me downs any day....

For those that don't understand - that was sarcasm, and saying what I really feel would get me barred.
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would I rather have a child with ginger hair than one with downs syndrome? No give me downs any day....

There's only one way to find out ....... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, can't she let her children be children for as long as possible or does she have to drown them in her world of superficial "beauty"!!!??? I hope her daughter rebels and turns out to be a proper tomboy, I really do. Jordan is a disgusting specimen and this is held up as beauty?! She was pretty once but she is going the way of Bride Of Wildenstein, along with Posh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS since ginger is mentioned I quite like ginger men, like Paul Bettany YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the big deal about ginger hair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    As someone who has tried unsuccessfully for years to have a child, I'd like to congratulate you on your wonderful ideals.

For those that don't understand - that was sarcasm, and saying what I really feel would get me barred.

Dont get your knickers in a twist..it was a joke..OK a ..JOKE...have you heard of them??

But I'm still glad none of my kids are ginger....:D
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont get your knickers in a twist..it was a joke..OK a ..JOKE...have you heard of them??

But I'm still glad none of my kids are ginger....:D

Shame they're ugly and thick though!!!

He he he this joke thing is fun!!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the cover? Hair does not just turn that colour!

I am not saying she aahs not coloured there hair but I wi9ll point out that your comment about hair not turning that colour is completely wrong.

I was born with a mop of jet black hair that had to be cut before my christening, over the next two to three years it gradually changed colour until it became literally platinum blonde (and if you look at old pics of me as a child it would look at times like streaks of different colours ) and then later setlled down to light brown which goes very easily blonde in the sun. People used to accuse me of colouring my hair in the summer as it went blonde so easily.