donna hopedonna hope Posts: 139
Forum Member
anyone else think this? so forced innit :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it meant the most to her out of everyone, and she was just so gutted that she was going, she must have known she was out too so I can't blame her either.
  • Options
    donna hopedonna hope Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    she came across too fake

ive never liked her anyway. terrible actress! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she lost votes by wanting 6's too early. You could see the disappointment written all over her face when the marks came up. And to think that Roxanne was her only competition shows what she really thought of the other contestants. Harsh, I suppose, but that's how it came across to me.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I thought she is far better than some if it was all the boys and girls she wouldn't have gone. Todd and Coleen are awful at the sport too and they stay in. It's not about talent on these shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i think she did well, and she isnt fake at all, iv met her a few times, and she is lovley...

and terrible actress? i think not!!! British soap award comes to mind!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jojo07x wrote: »
    well i think she did well, and she isnt fake at all, iv met her a few times, and she is lovley...

Yeah she really helped HO with her performance and gripping veiwing material.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow a british soap award.

Not everyone give a stuff about soaps

I don't watch any.

She came across as a bit competitive and cocky. I mean to say that Roxanne was her main competitition did she not see Zoe or Jessica skating at all?
  • Options
    Shane ParrishShane Parrish Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a pity she didnt get through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Wow a british soap award.

Not everyone give a stuff about soaps

I don't watch any.

She came across as a bit competitive and cocky. I mean to say that Roxanne was her main competitition did she not see Zoe or Jessica skating at all?

She said it in the way they are the soap actress' in the show. Even explained it in the VT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tamasooz wrote: »
    I think she lost votes by wanting 6's too early. You could see the disappointment written all over her face when the marks came up. And to think that Roxanne was her only competition shows what she really thought of the other contestants. Harsh, I suppose, but that's how it came across to me.

That's how it cam across to me too!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I don't think she came across very well. She did seem a bit up herself. I don't watch soaps so I had no pre-conceived ideas about her, but I did not like her at all.
    I was glad that all the judges chose Melinda.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I always liked Gemma, thought she was great in hollyoaks and when reading about how that part "saved her career" after she was getting no acting offers. I was pleased for her.

I was looking forward to her joining Hollyoaks and thought they discarded her cos Janine was comign back and there was no room for her character.

I was pleased she joined DOI and she seeme dto genuinely loved the show.

I did think she came over as a bit arrogant and the opposite of how she wanted to come across.

She wasn't the worst skater, Colleen was and Todd was last week but they both seemed to have the likebility factor.

That seems to be why she went tonight, there were better skaters and more likable skaters. Hence the departure.

I think she was upset, she is out fo work and this was obviously going to be a career move for her if it went well. She would have got the tour too and as a genuine fan I am sure she would have loved to have done it.
    Gemma built up her part too much, without having the skill and it went against her.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemma seemed to think she was the bee's knees but on the day was very poor.
  • Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tamasooz wrote: »

I took it as Gemma thinking that she was some sort of sex godess. Hence seeing Roxanne as her only competition.

Thing is Gemma's not even that pretty really.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't a clue who Gemma is, or what she has done/is doing career wise, but on the strength of the training vt (which isn't much, I know) I couldn't take to her one little bit. Had the distinct feeling that Jayne T wasn't keen on her either - something she said, can't remember exactly what! And didn't Nicky say something about "less chat"?

I was surprised all 5 judges eliminated her in favour of Melinda, so rather have a feeling she talked her way out of the show! A little humility never goes amiss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sentiment gets the win over talent in the country, always the same.
  • Options
    moonbabymoonbaby Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was quite rude about the other male skaters I thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    She wasn't very likeable for some reason. Maybe she was encouraged to make something out of the soap rivalry, but all that came across very badly. A mixture of arrogant and deluded.

I felt incredibly sorry for her tonight though, she really wanted to do well, and she certainly tried. A shame someone so enthusiastic about the show left so early really, and we never got a chance to know her.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    moonbaby wrote: »
    She was quite rude about the other male skaters I thought.

I didn't get that comment of course you are going to feel closer to the person you have been training with. Why say that. There were silly conmments form her last week and this week.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    Sentiment gets the win over talent in the country, always the same.

Colleen presumably the 'sentiment'? I do agree. However, in this instance I don't think Gemma had that much talent, and she actually talked herself out of the show. Rub people up the wrong way hard enough, and no amount of talent will save!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She didn't endear herself to the public with her VT comments. Her skating was OK, but not amazing. She would probably have avoided the bottom two if she'd come across as being more likeable. Coleen's skating was worse, imo.

Melinda was quite good, and didn't deserve to be in the bottom two.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma cost Andrei - no question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    jojo07x wrote: »

Ah yes, I'm sure Kate Winslet would swap her Golden Globes or any Oscar she may receive for just one of those...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Gemma cost Andrei - no question.

Oh I so agree with that. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, I'm sure Kate Winslet would swap her Golden Globes or any Oscar she may receive for just one of those...

Different area of acting though isn't it.