is 3 network any good

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
Forum Member
been on 02 for ages and saw a good deal on three, is this network any good and is it reliable? dont want to get legged in then its crap....

Comments

• blinginbunniblinginbunni Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, one of my friends is on three and they said the signal is terrible.
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been with 3 for over 3 (pun) years now. At first was pretty bad. But now just about anywhere in the UK has a good signal. The services are better now too. Internet browsing, e-mail etc. Roaming also good.

Can't really fault 3 now. Good airtime packages available. (I should be a 3 salesperson!)
  • pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    3 is great. I've been with them for just over a year. Their coverage is excellent, if you are outside their coverage you simply roam on to O2, 3 have just signed a deal with Orange and when your outside 3's coverage you will soon be roaming onto Orange instead of O2. 3 have the best 3G coverage of any UK network.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Although i've never been a customer, I've heard they have improved a lot over the last couple of years. Try it out, if you don't like it I'm sure you can return the phone (according to the shop's policies of course).
  • chris20chris20 Posts: 3,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 are very good you should join them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    The network itself is pretty good but the customer service is absolutely abysmal - their CS is in India, that should tell you enough.
  • plasma-screenplasma-screen Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phatmattuk wrote:
    been on 02 for ages and saw a good deal on three, is this network any good and is it reliable? dont want to get legged in then its crap....

been with 3 for 10months-- superb!

indian call centre - depends who you get--but orange and others got em too.

download music on your phone AND pc or laptop --no extra charge

:)
  • SPARKIE1984SPARKIE1984 Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive never had an indian call centre on orange??? in 3 years with them, its scottish i get!

sparky
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have both like 3 i have had indian and scottish call centers i had Scottish today
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard the top ups for 3 are not like the other mobile networks.

Darren
  • plasma-screenplasma-screen Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris20 wrote:
    they have both like 3 i have had indian and scottish call centers i had Scottish today

do you call them daily?

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £10 £15 £20 top ups lasts for ever £25 500text 50min you get that for 31 days plus you can add £5 and £10 to use on any thing plus £5 text you get 75 and £10 text you get 200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a big problem with my phone and contract so have to lol they never do things first time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris20 wrote:
    £10 £15 £20 top ups lasts for ever £25 500text 50min you get that for 31 days plus you can add £5 and £10 to use on any thing plus £5 text you get 75 and £10 text you get 200

For the odd person that only uses a mobile say 2 or 3 times a month 3 may seem a dear network.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you don't use phone that much a £10 top up will be fine it lasts till you use it all up plus you can top up at any mobile phone shop plus 3 stores you can top up at any food shop or newsagent or petrol station there are loads of places you can top up even on phone or the net
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cant top up 3 at a cash machine. Well I have never seen 3 listed at any TSB cash machine. Also do 3 use e-top up cards. I have seen the 3 sign at my local newspaper shop and in a shop in town
    I top up my 02 between £15 and £20 a month and get 25 free text a month from 02 treats. My sister has to top up £20 a month for she on an 02 bolt on thing and gets so many free text a month. Mums on 02 also and she topes up £10 or £15 every 2 months as she dont use her mobile that much so the 3 network could seem a little dear for her. A friend I knows has Orange and she topes up between £10 and £15 nearly every 2 weeks.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I've got a contract with 3 and with O2 (both 3G phones) and the signal is miles better with 02, which makes no sense as O2 is the carrier for the Three network.
    Also o2 online seem to have better contract packages.
    Don't change to Three the CS is terrible....
  • jeremybaileyjeremybailey Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    .:kate:. wrote:
    O2 is the carrier for the Three network.

Only for the 2G connection, and its changing soon to Orange, which will allow you to roam onto Orange 3G network as well.
  • neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    .:kate:. wrote:
    I've got a contract with 3 and with O2 (both 3G phones) and the signal is miles better with 02, which makes no sense as O2 is the carrier for the Three network.
    Also o2 online seem to have better contract packages.
    Don't change to Three the CS is terrible....

Wrong...

As stated above o2 is not the carrier for 3's 3g service however when the 3g signal drops it will switch to o2 (soon to be orange) but thats very rare considering 3 have the best reception for a 3g network in the UK.

3 also have some better packages than o2 do.

The customer service i and my g/f have received from 3 has been utterly excellent. Yes its in India but what call centre now isn't? They have always been polite and if i cant understand them i get through to a UK call centre.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo6776 wrote:
    Wrong...

As stated above o2 is not the carrier for 3's 3g service however when the 3g signal drops it will switch to o2 (soon to be orange) but thats very rare considering 3 have the best reception for a 3g network in the UK.

3 also have some better packages than o2 do.

The customer service i and my g/f have received from 3 has been utterly excellent. Yes its in India but what call centre now isn't? They have always been polite and if i cant understand them i get through to a UK call centre.
    Do not agree about best coverage on 3g no way I travel all over the uk with my job and in 9/10 times orange has 3g were 3 does not fine in big cities but go into the country and that all changes very quickly.

Does anyone know when they switch to orange. Just hope they dont start to share customer services.

You only get an indian call centre with orange if you do top ups etc on pay as you go.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't get your phone from Phones4U.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was with 3 until about 3 months ago when i recieved a new phone for xmas, i found 3 excellent, always had a good signal and found it pretty good that you get paid 2p for every text you read and 5p a minute when n the phone (you get that when you top up) plus the fact you can browse the internet for a whole hour only costing you 50p
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two questions, if anyone could help I'd be grateful:

1. Is 3 a sensible choice for a pay-as-you-go user who makes one or two calls a week and maybe 10-20 texts a week?

2. Is it a sensible choice for using abroad, compared with other networks?
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would avoid 3 at all costs I had a year of complete and utter hell with them. The customer service is an absolute disgrace.

please go on another network 02 are very good for pay as u go, the Tmobile Flext tariff pay monthly tariff is fantastic value if you can get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yea pay as you go is very good on 3 i would not go contract Theo you can put a £10 top up on and it will last till you use it up you get internet,msn,tv and much more on 3 plus they are the cheapest to use abroad http://www.three.co.uk/personal/coverage_/going_abroad_/index.omp