Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Watching Wales V Australia in the
    Rugby

Well its being played in Melbourne
    so i,m also scanning the crowd :o

i know its a long shot
    but you never know :D
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    So its 30 days...now....

to what ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So today ...my oldest daughter is packing up her house from uni and bringing it all home.....

then going back to stay with her friends for the next month....!!!!!

I am going to enjoy having her home........I am going to enjoy having her home...

if I say it enough times I might convince myself......!!!:D:p:D

I do love her dearly., and she can be an absolute sweetheart, ...but.......she is an ultra sensitive soul.....who finds life extremely difficult because people are always winding her up or offending her somehow...

and shes just finished uni and cos she hasnt got a job, will be moving back home....which I dont think she really wants to do.....

so I can forsee having to grit my teeth and smile......:eek:

where are those jokes when I need them???.
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone, hope you're all well. Sun is shining here today and no rain expected :) although it's mighty blustery.:eek:

Hubby is currently in a school field in the next town putting up a gazebo for a school fete where my son's girlfriend has been booked for an animal show. She has her own fledgling business where she does animal parties and events. Kind of like a show and tell thing where the kids learn about the animals and get a chance to hold them. They needed another car to help transport all the gear and livestock. He texted me a couple of hours ago to say he had chickens, snakes, some form of reptile and mice in the car! Thank goodness he hasn't got the Tarantula's - I'd never get in there again.:eek:

Needless to say I shall be checking for snakes before getting in the car again!:o:D

Penelope Pitstop is going to a wonderful rehoming centre this afternoon, they rang yesterday and offered her a place. Breaks my heart really but I just can't keep her.:cry: If she'd turned up before I took in the unwanted budgies she'd have a lovely home here, but sadly she sees them as her prey and we nearly had a disaster on Thursday when I went to answer the phone and she leapt on top of budgie villas while I was out of the room!:(

We will sponser her until she finds a permanent home. She will make someone a lovely companion. Such a pity we never found her owner or maybe she was just no longer wanted.:(
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lena J wrote: »
    G

Penelope Pitstop is going to a wonderful rehoming centre this afternoon, they rang yesterday and offered her a place. Breaks my heart really but I just can't keep her.:cry: If she'd turned up before I took in the unwanted budgies she'd have a lovely home here, but sadly she sees them as her prey and we nearly had a disaster on Thursday when I went to answer the phone and she leapt on top of budgie villas while I was out of the room!:(

We will sponser her until she finds a permanent home. She will make someone a lovely companion. Such a pity we never found her owner or maybe she was just no longer wanted.:(

At least you know Penelope will be well looked after Lena. :)
    My lodger as i call her is a dirty stop out shes started staying out all night then coming back to sleep and to be fed in the morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    So its 30 days...now....

to what ???

Who knows? Hope its good.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats awful..........get them to sort it out........:mad:

We had a mostly lovely sunny day here...but It did pour with rain....just as the kids when out to play...

did I hear that the forecasters are predicting summer as starting in September???

Sounds like last year; it was pretty dire until the riots when it was boiling!
    ellemay wrote: »
    Who knows? Hope its good.

It's 30 days until John becomes Jeanine :D (being topical at the moment :D)
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So today ...my oldest daughter is packing up her house from uni and bringing it all home.....

then going back to stay with her friends for the next month....!!!!!

I am going to enjoy having her home........I am going to enjoy having her home...

if I say it enough times I might convince myself......!!!:D:p:D

I do love her dearly., and she can be an absolute sweetheart, ...but.......she is an ultra sensitive soul.....who finds life extremely difficult because people are always winding her up or offending her somehow...

and shes just finished uni and cos she hasnt got a job, will be moving back home....which I dont think she really wants to do.....

so I can forsee having to grit my teeth and smile......:eek:

where are those jokes when I need them???.

Sounds farmiliar except mine wanted to come home asp.She has never stayed at uni unless there was something:rolleyes: and that was in the first year.Since then she is very home.She seems to be holding her own against something:rolleyes:She has registered on the volunteer scheme for graduates run by the council to get them into work but her course is more to that
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Good morning everyone, hope you're all well. Sun is shining here today and no rain expected :) although it's mighty blustery.:eek:

Hubby is currently in a school field in the next town putting up a gazebo for a school fete where my son's girlfriend has been booked for an animal show. She has her own fledgling business where she does animal parties and events. Kind of like a show and tell thing where the kids learn about the animals and get a chance to hold them. They needed another car to help transport all the gear and livestock. He texted me a couple of hours ago to say he had chickens, snakes, some form of reptile and mice in the car! Thank goodness he hasn't got the Tarantula's - I'd never get in there again

Needless to say I shall be checking for snakes before getting in the car again!:o:D

The animal parties sound great :) Hope the gazebo stays up - it's blowing a gale here!

Oh Lena, I think you're very brave re-homing Penelope - in the circumstances it sounds like the best thing to do - bet you'll miss her though :cry: Still, you have the budgies....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least you know Penelope will be well looked after Lena. :)
    My lodger as i call her is a dirty stop out shes started staying out all night then coming back to sleep and to be fed in the morning.

I've got one of these
    its called a son :p

Good evening JJat :D
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    30 days til he tweets again,orrrrrrrrr change his profile picture...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    30 days til he tweets again,orrrrrrrrr change his profile picture...:D

Orrrrrrrrrrr 30 days until he joins up with the
    British Olympic Team
    Going for Gold
    as a Long Distance Runner :p

Morning :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Minz (Johns Friend)

tweeted 16 days to go

if he's coming with John
    one of them can't count :o

or it could be when they set of on their
    travels, first European Stop :o

or i could be talking out of
    my backside, i really haven't got a clue :confused::D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Minz (Johns Friend)

tweeted 16 days to go

if he's coming with John

Maybe it's 16 days until they leave on their travels, but 30 (or whatever) days until John reaches the UK part of their trip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Minz (Johns Friend)

tweeted 16 days to go

if he's coming with John

morning all...

maybe he is just playing along.......having seen everyone else put up numbers:D

on Johns list ....its 29 days.....

i think im going to go with 42 days/.......when does that get me to.....but isnt that the answer to everything? 42?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hubby is currently in a school field in the next town putting up a gazebo for a school fete where my son's girlfriend has been booked for an animal show. She has her own fledgling business where she does animal parties and events. Kind of like a show and tell thing where the kids learn about the animals and get a chance to hold them. They needed another car to help transport all the gear and livestock. He texted me a couple of hours ago to say he had chickens, snakes, some form of reptile and mice in the car! Thank goodness he hasn't got the Tarantula's - I'd never get in there again.:eek:

im so impressed that you are being sensible and letting her go...........

you are saving yourself a lot of aggravation...

well done...

I must be more like this, as regards animals.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well daughter is now back home ...and the back room is full to the brim.......

I wonder when i will see the table again? We must start a massive clear out......all the cupboards and garage is full up......

maybe I need to do a car boot sale in the summer.....??

but it is nice to have her home.....

Happy fathers day.....everyone.......

Its a beautiful sunny day here.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orrrrrrrrrrr 30 days until he joins up with the
    British Olympic Team
    Going for Gold
    as a Long Distance Runner :

Morning :

Well he's got the legs for it:p
    The Minz (Johns Friend)

tweeted 16 days to go

if he's coming with John

I think one of them lost count:D
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Maybe it's 16 days until they leave on their travels, but 30 (or whatever) days until John reaches the UK part of their trip.

Sensible post from you again mugsy!:DI think that could be it though:)
    morning all...

maybe he is just playing along.......having seen everyone else put up numbers:D

on Johns list ....its 29 days.....

i think im going to go with 42 days/.......when does that get me to.....but isnt that the answer to everything? 42?

Lol,well John is a wind up merchant,won't surprise me if his friends are the same too lol:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/b]

I've got one of these
    its called a son :p

Good evening JJat :D

Evening georgy so glad i never had a son. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well daughter is now back home ...and the back room is full to the brim.......

I wonder when i will see the table again? We must start a massive clear out......all the cupboards and garage is full up......

maybe I need to do a car boot sale in the summer.....??

but it is nice to have her home.....

Happy fathers day.....everyone.......

Its a beautiful sunny day here.......

i,m sure it is
    it just takes a little time
    to get into a groove again :o:D

did she bring back loads of washing
    my boy alway did
    and it wasn't all his :eek: ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening georgy so glad i never had a son. x

Evening ellemay

its not all bad
    at 20 and 23
    i still get a cuddle
    and they often pick me up and
    swing me around
    if i,m nagging a little :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening ellemay

its not all bad
    at 20 and 23
    i still get a cuddle
    and they often pick me up and
    swing me around
    if i,m nagging a little :o:D

That's sweet:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bblover wrote: »
    That's sweet:D

i,m very lucky :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i,m very lucky :D

Yo can always share if you wanna:D:p
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen what JJJAT are doing? Seems like fun.......needs some stamina though! :D
This discussion has been closed.