Upgrading tomorrow need advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just checked my T-Mobile acc and can now upgrade, however they are offering only certain phones. The phone i was after is the samsung omnia which is being offered to new customers free on the flext acc i'm on and with free internet, however, my upgrade will cost me £180 to this phone without internet included. Is there anyway around this this. The phones they are offering are nothing like what i would like.

Any advice n how to haggle with them would help
Thanks

Comments

• malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bewitched wrote: »
    The phone i was after is the samsung omnia which is being offered to new customers free on the flext acc i'm on and with free internet, however, my upgrade will cost me £180 to this phone without internet included. Is there anyway around this.
    Yes. Wait until you are in a position to cancel and then you get to call some of the shots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it worth me arguing the fact that,i have been a good customer and they are not doing anything to hold on to me. As the offers are rubbish. While i understand they need to get new customers and have deals to hook them in, they don't seem to have offered me anything to keep me.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's becuase you're not going anywhere yet! As I understand it, the 'upgrade' period is different to the 'cancellation' period - 'upgrade' time gives them an opportunity to tie you down for another 12/18 months whilst not giving you the best deal, simply because you can't say you are going to cancel and go elsewhere - you are still tied into your contract. At the end of your contract time, it's a different story - you are free to go as you choose and they need to try harder to keep you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Hang on til it's cancellation time - my mate wanted that phone with tmobile and they only offered him it for £180. He cancelled and took is PAC code with him.

He went back in to a tmobile store and applied for a new contract with the Omnia...and had it for free. A bit of jiggery-pokery and he had his number transfered back in (via putting it on an Orange payg sim then bringing it back in) and quite politely stuck his 2 fingers up at their upgrade policy ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just back from the store, I now have my phone with a bit of messing about, i also got free internet as well.
    Thanks to those who answered.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    I was going to say make sure the upgrade is not a downgrade! 3 offered me a phone that is lower spec than the one I have now. I did not take it and will when I have enough time and energy phone them and try to get a better deal. I am in no rush to renew and will bide my time to get a better phone.