TV shows on Play. £1.89-£2.07 an episode.

flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
Forum Member
Balls to that.

£1.89 for a 20 minute episode of the big bang theory. got to be a joke.

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the same price on iTunes

My main gripe is that the programmes are not available in HD.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At 49p then maybe but that price is silly. It's cheaper to buy the boxsets or...er... "acquire" them for free elsewhere. At least then you can watch as many times as you want

If they want to discourage people from downloading then this isn't the way to do it.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Just watch it online... for free.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i could kind of understand if it were for the latest episode of some premium US cable tv show not yet available in the UK. I still wouldn't pay it mind.

but for something that old and oft repeated it's absurd.

It's sufficiently expensive for me to have no qualms about downloading something illegally.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have the Season Pass option that you get with iTunes? That often works out much cheaper - e.g. Big Bang Theory early seasons were a tenner and there's 20+ episodes in those.
    Forum Member
    Do they have the Season Pass option that you get with iTunes? That often works out much cheaper - e.g. Big Bang Theory early seasons were a tenner and there's 20+ episodes in those.

They do have seasons yeah.
  • flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pricing of digital versions of TV shows seems to be extortionate on every platform at the moment, it's not just Google. I've just looked on the Sony store on my Vita and for season 1 of 24 they want £1.89 an episode.That works out to over £45 for the season - I can get the entire season 1-8 box set from HMV for a fiver more, with the bonus that if I want to I can rip the DVDs and watch them on any device I want, as opposed to having the content locked so that you have to be logged into this account or that to watch it.

With the idiotic pricing and horrendous lock in I'm amazed anybody buys video in digital form at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I buy all the movies and shows I want to keep in digital downloads because I just don't want a houseful of DVD boxes. Digital is just easier.
    Forum Member
    I buy all the movies and shows I want to keep in digital downloads because I just don't want a houseful of DVD boxes. Digital is just easier.

A DVD is like a millimeter thick. Where do you live, in a bird box?
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

You could always keep the discs in a binder. The cases can be recycled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then there are binders full of stuff. I'd rather just have a nice compact RAIDED hard drive for my backup and be done with it.
    Forum Member
    And then there are binders full of stuff. I'd rather just have a nice compact RAIDED hard drive for my backup and be done with it.

really. where are you buying these digital downloads from? the ones that you can play on all your devices?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    really. where are you buying these digital downloads from? the ones that you can play on all your devices?

At the moment, on iTunes, because they will play on the majority of my, and my other half's devices. We have a Mac Mini attached to the TV so we can watch stuff on there, iPads, so the downloads can be put on there and watched when we're out and about. I don't watch much on my Nexus 4 or my iPhone - just a few YouTube videos. Anything longer, I use my iPad or watch on the telly.

I just like to try and cut down on clutter. I'm the same with books. We only have a few paper books which have some attachment value, but everything I buy these days is digital from Amazon (another tied ecosystem). I guess I'm just not that bothered about having to have a format which is completely unlocked and DRM free. That said, all of my music is DRM free and a mixture of digital formats.
  • duffman25duffman25 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is in HD when you click on the price it has a option.